Lake Doric - Living World Season 3

Unfortunately, I'm not able to play when the game gets it usual Tuesday patches. Unless the map resets after the the smaller fixes which usually follow? Overall, I hoping this gets updated when the next LS Episode releases. If not then it's off to another map until it gets fixed. Thanks for the tips though Taelac.7036.

@Nidarrock.5692 said:Unfortunately, I'm not able to play when the game gets it usual Tuesday patches. Unless the map resets after the the smaller fixes which usually follow? Overall, I hoping this gets updated when the next LS Episode releases. If not then it's off to another map until it gets fixed. Thanks for the tips though Taelac.7036.

I'm reasonably sure that any time there's a patch, you'll get sorted into a new map, since if you are in a party with someone who hasn't downloaded the most recent patch, you won't be able to join each other in the same copy of the map until the other person patches. It's not strictly necessary to get into the map right away after a patch, it just increases your odds of the event working--most of the stalls happen after a period of time and several successful runs of the event, so the earlier you try after a patch, the better the chance it will still be working.

It's 2/25/18 and this issue is still bugged. If I wait much longer, I am moving on to another game. I can't believe no developer even took the time to post, "working on this issue".....did everyone in tech support at Anet get fired? I can't imagine a good excuse for this. But I do know that I've encountered dozens of folks on the map complaining about this, and if it goes too much longer, people will start "voting with their feet".... Anet, get this done!

• ArenaNet Staff

Good day,

I apologize for the silence up till this point. We are investigating this issue but it may be a bit longer before we have a fix.

If you end up in a map that breaks (not one already broken):

• Did you notice if the Lumbermill event was active?
  • Did you notice if the Ghost event was active?
  • Were you present when the event started - and did the counter go down to 0, or did it start at 0?

Thank you guys!

Edit: I've closed at least one map that was broken.

Also a general tip for these cases: have any of you facing it reported it through the in-game tool? Or only through here and support ticket? It's just that by using that tool you won't get any feedback but the report will go straightly to devs with even further details that we couldn't provide through other ways. Just a reminder in case anyone didn't know or think about it.

• 11 months later...

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought it was better to add to this one than to start a new thread about an existing issue.

This bug is back and is blocking achievement progress in Lake Doric. I'm not sure if it was ever really fixed, but it is most certainly not fixed right now. The only Lake Doric map available, due to low population on older maps, is stuck at this 0 White Mantle Remaining stage. A number of people have already sent in reports in-game. This means that Immelhoof is not spawning along with several other events. The achievements Cin Business and Friend of the Forest cannot be completed, along with other content, like Aurora.

SAme map bugged 2 days. in 2 day its a year bug didnt pateched > @LeelooMultipass.9742 said:

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought it was better to add to this one than to start a new thread about an existing issue.

This bug is back and is blocking achievement progress in Lake Doric. I'm not sure if it was ever really fixed, but it is most certainly not fixed right now. The only Lake Doric map available, due to low population on older maps, is stuck at this 0 White Mantle Remaining stage. A number of people have already sent in reports in-game. This means that Immelhoof is not spawning along with several other events. The achievements Cin Business and Friend of the Forest cannot be completed, along with other content, like Aurora.

+1

I have been affected by this bug for the past week. I have been trying to get into new map instances unsuccessfully. The whole chain of events are broken and it is stopping my progression on Aurora. Everyone on the maps is constantly talking about the bugs and how they are stopping their progress. A lot of people need these achievements and apparently the only time to get them is to do the events the first time they happen after a reset before the bugged event gets stalled. Unfortunately not a lot of people go to Lake Doric in the days I have been waiting around there so there is never a chance for a new instance of the map to be created.

If we could have someone from anet pop up to says they took notice and are working on it, that'd be great. I only need to defeat Immelhoof to finish cin's business and open the aurora achievements. At least I can still get a druid stone a day so it doesn't stop me dead in my tracks but still.

• 3 weeks later...

@Kirk Williford.2653 said:Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow up and let you know that a fix for this issue went out in yesterday's (March 5th) build. Tracking a repro for this issue proved to be challenging, but the event should complete and Immelhoof should appear as intended now.

Thanks for the update ! I've been wanting more leather for the guild hall, it'll be a good opportunity to check if the fix has taken hold

• 3 weeks later...

Fortunately tomorrow is patch day, so you'll get a chance at these events. Until it bugs out again.

Seriously ANet should consider having map instances autoclose after ~24 hours (the technology is there: just create a new instance and tag the current one for closure if it's been active more than 24 hours, give players the same option dialog to jump to the new instance).

This would be futureproof to help diminish the impact of stalled events, and I can't quite think of how it'd affect player experience negatively.

@Skotlex.7580 said:Fortunately tomorrow is patch day, so you'll get a chance at these events. Until it bugs out again.

Seriously ANet should consider having map instances autoclose after ~24 hours (the technology is there: just create a new instance and tag the current one for closure if it's been active more than 24 hours, give players the same option dialog to jump to the new instance).

This would be futureproof to help diminish the impact of stalled events, and I can't quite think of how it'd affect player experience negatively.

I asked for something similar at least twice, a weekly server reset, so far, Anet as not even replied. Your idea sound even better maybe you should make a separate post about it. :)