@Jon Olson.8439 said:

@DrMORO.4627 said:Thanks for the update in your words, Jon!New MASSIVE patch is now out, but I did not see any mentioning of 'Mac' within the descriptions.Any bit of update/fix/patching for us anxious Mac 64-bit users in this patch?

There are no macOS-specific changes in today's update.

Thanks for the clarification, Jon!

VERY MUCH look forward to receiving updates/improvements/patches/fixes for the Mac OS 64-bit GW2 app.Waiting...

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Murmur.9746" said:Hi all, I'm trying to open the client but it starts a "downloading" section with 0 kb/s speed. Now my modem's fine, and it has worked fine with other games aswell, so the problem seems to be on the client. Anyone having same issues?

Ignore the "git gud". Assuming there is not a network issue between you and anet try copying the old application somewhere else as a backup (or just delete it) and redownloading from scratch. There may be a corruption in a file somewhere.

Just wanted to thank ArenaNet for the Mac Client. I'm using it on a desktop with an i7 and a GTX 1070 Ti. GW2 runs smoothly (>80 FPS during normal PvE maps without a big zerg etc.), there's a bit of stutter but no crashes so far. This means I can now kill my windows machine and use macOS as my only operating system. :)

@Codevine.6058 said:Just wanted to thank ArenaNet for the Mac Client. I'm using it on a desktop with an i7 and a GTX 1070 Ti. GW2 runs smoothly (>80 FPS during normal PvE maps without a big zerg etc.), there's a bit of stutter but no crashes so far. This means I can now kill my windows machine and use macOS as my only operating system. :)

This is on a 'Hackintosh' I presume, and not on an Apple brand Mac, correct? Or, an external GPU box with Thunderbolt 3 connection to your Mac?No Apple brand Mac has a GTX 1070 Ti on them, yet... (WISH!)

BTW, in detail, I would like to know what other 'specs' does your 'Mackintosh' have?

@"DrMORO.4627" said:This is on a 'Hackintosh' I presume, and not on an Apple brand Mac, correct? Or, an external GPU box with Thunderbolt 3 connection to your Mac?No Apple brand Mac has a GTX 1070 Ti on them, yet... (WISH!)

BTW, in detail, I would like to know what other 'specs' does your 'Mackintosh' have?

Yep, you're right. A "normal" desktop mac with hardware like a GTX 1070 Ti would be awesome. I hope the new Mac Pro can live up to that.The specs of the 'Mackintosh':

• Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 (basically i7-3770k without iGPU)
  • 8 GB DDR3-1333
  • GTX 1070 Ti
  • 256 GB SSD
  • 1440p Display
  • macOS High Sierra 10.3.3 with the newest Nvidia Drivers

Guild Wars 2 runs with pretty much everything on high. Native or supersampling makes no difference therefore the client is CPU-limited for me. It doesn't run as well as on Windows (like I said there's a bit of stutter). Pretty satisfied with the performance though. I'd assume GW2 will run worse when using an external GPU since the CPU is a limit for me and the dual- or quad-cores in MacBook Pros are probably worse.

@Codevine.6058 said:

@"DrMORO.4627" said:This is on a 'Hackintosh' I presume, and not on an Apple brand Mac, correct? Or, an external GPU box with Thunderbolt 3 connection to your Mac?No Apple brand Mac has a GTX 1070 Ti on them, yet... (WISH!)

Yep, you're right. A "normal" desktop mac with hardware like a GTX 1070 Ti would be awesome. I hope the new Mac Pro can live up to that.The specs of the 'Mackintosh':
  • 8 GB DDR3-1333
  • GTX 1070 Ti
  • 256 GB SSD
  • 1440p Display

Guild Wars 2 runs with pretty much everything on high. Native or supersampling makes no difference therefore the client is CPU-limited for me. It doesn't run as well as on Windows (like I said there's a bit of stutter). Pretty satisfied with the performance though. I'd assume GW2 will run worse when using an external GPU since the CPU is a limit for me and the dual- or quad-cores in MacBook Pros are probably worse.

Great stuff (envy...), and useful info!Thanks!

@Codevine.6058 said:

• 8 GB DDR3-1333
  • GTX 1070 Ti
  • 256 GB SSD
  • 1440p Display

I am curious, why not put in more DDR3 and/or a bigger drive after springing for a xeon and a good gpu?

@Menadena.7482 said:

I am curious, why not put in more DDR3 and/or a bigger drive after springing for a xeon and a good gpu?

Yeah, good points! I bought the machine ~4-5 years ago (can't remember exactly). At that time 8GB was all I needed. I'd like 16GB nowadays but RAM is really expensive nowadays and I didn't run into situations where RAM limited me a lot so far. I do app development etc. using Xcode/Android Studio/Visual Studio with simulators but that runs fine. I just recently bought the GPU which also enabled me to install macOS. It didn't work with the GPU I had before (AMD R9 290).

I also have another 256GB SSD where Windows is installed. I'll probably kill Windows and then use this one as a second drive for the Mac. :)

@Codevine.6058 said:

Yeah, good points! I bought the machine ~4-5 years ago (can't remember exactly). At that time 8GB was all I needed. I'd like 16GB nowadays but RAM is really expensive nowadays and I didn't run into situations where RAM limited me a lot so far. I do app development etc. using Xcode/Android Studio/Visual Studio with simulators but that runs fine. I just recently bought the GPU which also enabled me to install macOS. It didn't work with the GPU I had before (AMD R9 290).

I also have another 256GB SSD where Windows is installed. I'll probably kill Windows and then use this one as a second drive for the Mac. :)

I WANT A FAST HACKINTOSH, NOW!!!

@Codevine.6058 said:

Yes, memory has gone up lately. I usually just get the stock 8 from apple then add 16 more from OWC. I am still figuring out the drive for my next machine as it will come down to what options apple has, my ideal would be to replace their stock drive with an enterpise-grade 1 TB SSD but that would mean cracking it open and voiding the warranty.

@Jon Olson.8439 said:

@DrMORO.4627 said:Thanks for the update is your words, Jon!New MASSIVE patch is now out, but I did not see any mentioning of 'Mac' within the descriptions.Any bit of update/fix/patching for us anxious Mac 64-bit users in this patch?

Seems like we haven't heard of any updates on the Mac 64-bit app in a while.How's everything going up there?Like many, I look forward to hearing and actually playing the updated and improved version soon.We all really appreciate your ongoing efforts.Please keep up the great work!

Hi, i've logged into the game after 2 years of not playing bought the expansions and downloaded the 64 bit client because the 32 bit version is not running at all.I am experiencing very slow loading screens, get killed by invisible enemies and bump into invisible objects at lowest settings making the game extremely unplayable and really frustrating.mac pro 13 20122,9 GHz Intel Core i78GB 1600 MHz DDR3Intel HD Graphics 4000I know this mac is kinda outdated but with the 32 bit version I never had problems and could play even with medium settings.I really hope that we will get some feedback soon.

@Menadena.7482 said:You may want to pick up another 8 (or even 16) GB of memory, especially if you can get it on sale (look at non-apple suppliers, OWC is a fave but there are others). If that does not help try putting the OS and game on an SSD.Thank you for the replyI will totally consider upgrading my ram but i still think is a client issue.I tried the game on Windows 10 via bootcamp and the game worked much better, fast loadings, detectable enemies and objects at lowest and medium settings.

@Marco.6324 said:Hi, i've logged into the game after 2 years of not playing bought the expansions and downloaded the 64 bit client because the 32 bit version is not running at all.I am experiencing very slow loading screens, get killed by invisible enemies and bump into invisible objects at lowest settings making the game extremely unplayable and really frustrating.mac pro 13 20122,9 GHz Intel Core i78GB 1600 MHz DDR3Intel HD Graphics 4000I know this mac is kinda outdated but with the 32 bit version I never had problems and could play even with medium settings.I really hope that we will get some feedback soon.

Not sure how much you've read back on the thread, but if you can get hold of an external SSD drive, the game runs much better off that than off a regular HD.

Can you provide some more details on the locations of the texture flickering?@Jon Olson.8439Sorry, I should have checked back in on this topic sooner. Yeah, flickering is still happening. I've actually been getting it even in Lion's Arch recently, on the palm tree fronds. (Trying to get a screenshot of it is a bit like trying to photograph lightning though.) Shaders are set on medium. (No OS/computer changes since I last reported.)

Just installed the game on my new computer. Getting a 2GB of Ram error message (my computer has 64GB) and I'm stuck on a loading screen (been 10 minutes).

Edit: It's working now... Anyone know how to edit the .ini on the 64bit client? I somehow doubt that the game is using all the computer ressources.

It's been about half a year since I got the expansion. I'm still swimming in air in Lion's Arch (as per my aforementioned screenshots).

All I want is to be able to play the game like I used to. And I really don't like being that guy, you know? But the problem is, I don't even know whether or not you guys are doing everything you can. There's so little communication from your end. You're making progress but you still don't have a fix? That was a post from a while ago. How is progress now?

And what do I do in the meantime (other than not play the game, that's kind of obvious)? I've been a loyal player of your game for years now. I don't like this at all. What am I supposed to do?

it really sucks, 2-5 minutes just to get past the loading screen after dying to respawn.

we have fibre internetbrand new mac:iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)processor 3,4 GHz Intel Core i58 GB 2400 MHz DDR4Radeon Pro 570 4 GB

graphic settings set to best performance, so everything really low, but after finally respawning it takes a few minutes to load everything around me like walls, rocks....

please fix this or gives us back the 32 bit version

@DrMORO.4627 said:

@DrMORO.4627 said:Thanks for the update is your words, Jon!New MASSIVE patch is now out, but I did not see any mentioning of 'Mac' within the descriptions.Any bit of update/fix/patching for us anxious Mac 64-bit users in this patch?

Seems like we haven't heard of any updates on the Mac 64-bit app in a while.How's everything going up there?Like many, I look forward to hearing and actually playing the updated and improved version soon.We all really appreciate your ongoing efforts.Please keep up the great work!

Hmmm, it's been a month since last message posted by Jon from 'up there', and has been much longer than that for anything about the Mac 64-bit app to actually receive any true update within. More than 1/12 year has passed, and that's a lot of game time, even for a very casual GW2-er like me.

Sooooo, What's going on 'up there', Jon?Hopes are VERY high, but there is a limit in how long one can wait.