This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!! - Page 7 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

123457>

Comments

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Mount contract proves that forum dramas are irrelevant. They didn't change mount licenses, they are still RNG. They just waited 2 weeks and everything went silent. Every single gem store drama ends up this way.

You are aware that all further contracts for mounts are not random, right? You are also aware that ANet's representative apologized for it and to the community due to the forum and mass media drama that followed, right? Finally, you are also aware that every, single mount purchase after the fact are singular too now, right?

I know, I know. Facts are funny things. That said, again good luck with your suggestion, Israel.

I'm out.

No longer posting or playing.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Velran.1052 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

You know OP. You really missed a chance when you made your thread only about hearts. You should have made buying autocomplete of content anything in game. Anything that anyone decides is too boring and tedious to do.

Want the Yakslapper title? Auto complete of the WvW Legendary backpack? Raid tiers? Achievements? Titles? Anything. Anything and everything. All the person needs to do is declare they are bored, bored, bored with that old content and that there can be no possible harm to the game with that content being autocompleted and they can buy the autocomplete and get the rewards.

What could possibly go wrong?

More slippery slope arguments. You just don't get it do you?

Well, considering others have admitted that the OP’s suggestion would be a slippery slope, I guess it’s you that’s not getting it,

So then tell me. If ANet does sell heart completion in the gemstore what would stop people from asking for the next set of content completion they want to buy? And what would stop ANet from selling more content completion?

@Kheldorn.5123 said:
    Nothing. As much as nothing stops them now. It's all arbitrary.

Oh, I forgot. The OP admitted it also.

You’re avoiding my question.

Once ANet allows auto completion of chunks of the game what would stop people from asking for more and ANet allowing more?
    @Israel.7056 said:
    Nothing logically speaking.

But we're already at that point.

No i didn't. I simply pointed out that all you're doing is using slippery slope arguments which are meaningless and pointless. Everything has to be looked at individually. There is no slippery slope.

There is a slippery slope as it’s been proven that people will progressively ask for more and use what they have already gotten as precedent. It’s because the OP and others are using previous things that they can’t be looked at individually.

I’ve seen this happen numerous times before outside of the game. There have been people that wanted a couple weeks off at work but getting it approved for that length wouldn’t happen. They instead piecemeal the requests in shorter durations over time until they get that two weeks.

There’s another situation where a union was trying aggressively to get the four levels of admin assistants to join. The majority did not want to. So instead they instead focused on them one level at a time until they all eventually joined. They were weaker when divided.

Those two examples are similar to what is happening here. If people want something, and it’s likely not to get positive traction, they’ll break it down into smaller pieces until they eventually get what they originally wanted.

There were a lot of people that were against there being an option to unlock all waypoints because it’s impact on world completion. Its supporters primarily argued on the grounds that it would help those with alts that didn’t intend to do map/world completion and just wanted a means to unlock everything for navigation purposes to and from events. It got added and we now have people like the OP arguing the same for hearts and using the waypoints to back their position.

It’s not difficult to see where this is heading and that it’s not unreasonable to assume that vistas, POI’s, or any other type of progression for that matter could be asked for an option to purchase its completion and use what has already been previously added as precedent.

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Mount contract proves that forum dramas are irrelevant. They didn't change mount licenses, they are still RNG. They just waited 2 weeks and everything went silent. Every single gem store drama ends up this way.

You are aware that all further contracts for mounts are not random, right? You are also aware that ANet's representative apologized for it and to the community due to the forum and mass media drama that followed, right? Finally, you are also aware that every, single mount purchase after the fact are singular too now, right?

I know, I know. Facts are funny things. That said, again good luck with your suggestion, Israel.

I'm out.

None of those premium skins would ever be 400 gems skin, even if random.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

I did say I'd be glad to pay gems but I'd also be glad to pay some in game currency too it doesn't make much difference to me as long as I can skip the hearts.

Which, again, is asking for something to be essentially free. Why would ANet even think to do this if it doesn't make them any money?

Then make it cost a lot of gems I don't care.

Which you can still pay no real cash for because of the profits in gold you make in selling legendaries

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

I did say I'd be glad to pay gems but I'd also be glad to pay some in game currency too it doesn't make much difference to me as long as I can skip the hearts.

Which, again, is asking for something to be essentially free. Why would ANet even think to do this if it doesn't make them any money?

Which you can still pay no real cash for because of the profits in gold you make in selling legendaries

Just like you can pay your gold to buy waypoint unlocks to speed up map completion process and sell legendary yourself.

• Velran.1052Velran.1052 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

You know OP. You really missed a chance when you made your thread only about hearts. You should have made buying autocomplete of content anything in game. Anything that anyone decides is too boring and tedious to do.

Want the Yakslapper title? Auto complete of the WvW Legendary backpack? Raid tiers? Achievements? Titles? Anything. Anything and everything. All the person needs to do is declare they are bored, bored, bored with that old content and that there can be no possible harm to the game with that content being autocompleted and they can buy the autocomplete and get the rewards.

Well, considering others have admitted that the OP’s suggestion would be a slippery slope, I guess it’s you that’s not getting it,

So then tell me. If ANet does sell heart completion in the gemstore what would stop people from asking for the next set of content completion they want to buy? And what would stop ANet from selling more content completion?

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Once ANet allows auto completion of chunks of the game what would stop people from asking for more and ANet allowing more?
    @Israel.7056 said:

No i didn't. I simply pointed out that all you're doing is using slippery slope arguments which are meaningless and pointless. Everything has to be looked at individually. There is no slippery slope.

There is a slippery slope as it’s been proven that people will progressively ask for more and use what they have already gotten as precedent. It’s because the OP and others are using previous things that they can’t be looked at individually.

I’ve seen this happen numerous times before outside of the game. There have been people that wanted a couple weeks off at work but getting it approved for that length wouldn’t happen. They instead piecemeal the requests in shorter durations over time until they get that two weeks.

There’s another situation where a union was trying aggressively to get the four levels of admin assistants to join. The majority did not want to. So instead they instead focused on them one level at a time until they all eventually joined. They were weaker when divided.

Those two examples are similar to what is happening here. If people want something, and it’s likely not to get positive traction, they’ll break it down into smaller pieces until they eventually get what they originally wanted.

There were a lot of people that were against there being an option to unlock all waypoints because it’s impact on world completion. Its supporters primarily argued on the grounds that it would help those with alts that didn’t intend to do map/world completion and just wanted a means to unlock everything for navigation purposes to and from events. It got added and we now have people like the OP arguing the same for hearts and using the waypoints to back their position.

It’s not difficult to see where this is heading and that it’s not unreasonable to assume that vistas, POI’s, or any other type of progression for that matter could be asked for an option to purchase its completion and use what has already been previously added as precedent.

Ah yes its proven, Ofcourse it is. People will ask these for these things regardless of whether arenanet will add these. And break from work is completely different from this game. And even if people use the it to ask for other things there's no reason for arenanet to give it to them. It's a terrible way to argue for something. Everything needs to be looked at individually. Hearts are boring, grindy, repetitive and take a huge chunk of time out of world exploration. Even more after you've done it more than once. Vista's/PoI's are none of that.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

You do realize he will be making even less profit because he'd have to spend more gold on the legendary? And are you really trying to argue against this because of the personal benefit of the OP?

@Velran.1052 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Ah yes its proven, Ofcourse it is. People will ask these for these things regardless of whether arenanet will add these. And break from work is completely different from this game. And even if people use the it to ask for other things there's no reason for arenanet to give it to them. It's a terrible way to argue for something. Everything needs to be looked at individually. Hearts are boring, grindy, repetitive and take a huge chunk of time out of world exploration. Even more after you've done it more than once. Vista's/PoI's are none of that.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

You do realize he will be making even less profit because he'd have to spend more gold on the legendary? And are you really trying to argue against this because of the personal benefit of the OP?

I don' care about OP gains. This item should be available anyway. OP's case is very specific but all people against this idea are fixated on this very specific, irrelevant example.

• @Velran.1052 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Are you actually saying that it’s not possible to extrapolate from what is known to make predictions about the future? I’m sorry but that makes no sense at all. No one would be able to function if they couldn’t use their knowledge to figure out what might happen next.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Velran.1052 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

@Velran.1052 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

I said similar, not the same. Of course the examples I had given are not the same. They were there to simply illustrate the behavior of people who try to get what they want and how this is a slippery slope.

Yes, people may have asked for these things but the thing is that they’re using previous tones that Anet has caved as precedent to back up their suggestion. Hence the slippery slope.

Things should not be looked at individually as they do not exist in a vacuum/bubble.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Is anet publicly traded? If so work out how much 51% of the company costs and multiply that by 800.

"New gemstore item: stock!"

I'm not sure I follow.

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

So ANet won't make any money on your suggestion which is probably why they won't do it.

Very.
    Casual.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Is anet publicly traded? If so work out how much 51% of the company costs and multiply that by 800.

"New gemstore item: stock!"

I'm not sure I follow.

IE, just buy the company then you can have it do whatever you want. Of course, if everyone else reacts to your changes by leaving it would be a pointless move.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jinn Galen.2468 said:
    Stomping 30 wasp nests for 1 silver is not fun when you've done it more than once. It gets boring. It would be better if more events that contribute to hearts happen more frequently... or if we could just simply talk to the heart vendor and get a mini-event to trigger that will complete the heart once done.

This actually sounds like a plan imo. I don't mind the idea of a miniquest instead of the usual chores. Takes alot of work to make though.

Buying to skip gameplay content is ridiculous to me. No matter which subjective value you attach to it, its part of the experience as a whole and simply choosing to skip it in order to get the reward at the end is entirely pointless to me.

Previous items that skip parts are there so people can play content where ever they want whenever they want. This specific item doesnt enable the player, it outright skips the content.

I think that any convenience item that ArenaNet puts forward is at least balanced so that you don't feel like you could simply buy out the rewards. Even though ofcourse there are items pushing that limit.

• Kururu.8140Kururu.8140 Member ✭✭✭

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:
    Might as well ask Anet to put in an item that just instantly world completes and gives you 1k gold and 5 legendaries as well while we're at it.

How does map completion (normal way) grants you 1k gold and 5 legendaries? Because if you mean that you should be able to buy these things with real money, you already can.

I was being sarcastic and demonstrating the absurdity of the original comment. : /

It makes no sense as what you proved that buying rewards with gold is irrelevant. People already can buy legendaries with dollars.

Ugh, you really don't get it, do you? Anyway, whatever.

@Kururu.8140 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:
    Might as well ask Anet to put in an item that just instantly world completes and gives you 1k gold and 5 legendaries as well while we're at it.

How does map completion (normal way) grants you 1k gold and 5 legendaries? Because if you mean that you should be able to buy these things with real money, you already can.

I was being sarcastic and demonstrating the absurdity of the original comment. : /

It makes no sense as what you proved that buying rewards with gold is irrelevant. People already can buy legendaries with dollars.

I feel like there was no substance to understand there. I'm all ears, please explain.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

So ANet won't make any money on your suggestion which is probably why they won't do it.

They will. Because there will be many people (whales) who prefer to pay instead of investing time in a game. These people buy lvl 80 boosters, waypoint unlocks and other stuff. Even if OP won't bring money to anet himself, other players will. Just like in any other game.

• Kalendraf.9521Kalendraf.9521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018

Rather than skipping hearts, what I would prefer to see is an in-game mechanic that increases your progress rate on hearts you've already completed on any character on your account. For example, a 50% to 100% boost in progress for each action you perform toward the heart progress. That way, hearts you've already done could be done much more quickly.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

edited February 28, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

They will. Because there will be many people (whales) who prefer to pay instead of investing time in a game. These people buy lvl 80 boosters, waypoint unlocks and other stuff. Even if OP won't bring money to anet himself, other players will. Just like in any other game.

Many "crappy" mobile games indeed do the same, but is that really a good reason to implement that nilly willy everywhere else? Even so, Level 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks don't actually complete content for the player. They just let you skip progression and let you move your character around easier to get to the places you want to go to. The only other thing that does lets you skip playing content is in the black lion chest and only added recently.

People would probably pay to have all achievements done, everything discovered and even get to the top of the PvP ladder. Is this a good reason to them sell that on the gemstore?
    People want to pay for alot of stuff, and not all of them are good.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

Many "crappy" mobile games indeed do the same, but is that really a good reason to implement that nilly willy everywhere else? Even so, Level 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks don't actually complete content for the player.

Leveling and exploration are content. All people against this idea here are complaining that "hearts are crucial part of exploration". There is no justification that one type of exploration unlock is allowed (waypoints) and others aren't (e.g. hearts).

• @Kheldorn.5123 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

If it was such a good idea it would be part of many MMOs monetization. It’s hardly a new idea. The fact that you don’t see this feature in reputable games but only in rip off pay to win games shows that it’s not a feature that is a win for a game in the long run.

• Kururu.8140Kururu.8140 Member ✭✭✭

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:

I feel like there was no substance to understand there. I'm all ears, please explain.

Christ, do you need me to spell it out for you? It was a j-o-k-e.

edited February 28, 2018

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

Many "crappy" mobile games indeed do the same, but is that really a good reason to implement that nilly willy everywhere else? Even so, Level 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks don't actually complete content for the player.

Leveling and exploration are content. All people against this idea here are complaining that "hearts are crucial part of exploration". There is no justification that one type of exploration unlock is allowed (waypoints) and others aren't (e.g. hearts).

There's no justification for either. It's all just preference in the end. shrug There are however reasons not to include hearts, no matter how hard you're going to argue that there's no justification for it.

And I suppose I should've made clearer that while both of those are technically content they are obviously different kind of content.
    Waypoints are not the same as hearts, and that CAN be a reason not to make hearts skip-able. Hearts serve no point other than to be a part of map completion and provide minor exploration tasks/ minor background information. Waypoints are a way of moving your character through the world and explore different places faster or easier.

Personally I am still against the lvl 80 boost, waypoint unlocks and other such skips. They all put a stamp on the content as if "this is unwanted content, you don't want to bother with that" "Don't play the game, just buy yourself to the end" I don't like to see any form of shape of that, let alone moving further into that direction. It cheapens the game, makes it less of a game to begin with. I rather see improvements on repeats of the same content, Like crafting where the first craft in a series is slow, the second is twice as fast and then it just is really fast. That's better imo than simply skipping it. If the content is no fun, I don't wnat the game to tell me to just buy myself past it.

It all boils down to the principle of: I want to pay for fun content, not pay for content I want to skip.
    And I don't want the game to move into a philosophy where the developers or even marketing say, Well we know our game isn't the best, here, just buy your way out of those things you don't like in our game because we suck at making the game enjoyable and we rather make money off our imperfections rather than improve on them.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018

I have a question.

Hearts are one of this game’s version of quests and all Hearts can be considered an extended optional quest system. Do any of you know any reputable game that allows you to purchase autocomplete of a whole quest system plus any rewards that are given with it..

I’m going to bet no one can because reputable games simply don’t allow players to purchase completion of optional quests and get the quest rewards.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

Just because they probably won't make any money off me doesn't mean they couldn't make money off of other players.

edited February 28, 2018

I have a question.

Hearts are one of this game’s version of quests and all Hearts can be considered an extended optional quest system. Do any of you know any reputable game that allows you to purchase autocomplete of a whole quest system plus any rewards that are given with it..

I’m going to bet no one can because reputable games simply don’t allow players to purchase completion of optional quests and get the quest rewards.

This a classic case of "moving the goal post" with a "no true scotsman" fallacy thrown in on top of it. Now instead of trying to find logical precedent within this game we have to try to find logical precedent within others but only those which you would consider "reputable."

Firstly there's no obvious logical reason why we should be considering other games. No game has to be like any other game. In fact the developers of this game have made it a key design principle to NOT do what other MMOs have done in many ways. You're simply attempting to move the goal posts.

Secondly you've already said that no true "reputable" game would sell this sort of thing therefore any example anyone may find of such a transaction in another game would immediately disqualify that game from being considered "reputable." A classic example of the no true scotsman fallacy.

edited March 1, 2018

@Israel.7056 said:

I have a question.

This a classic case of "moving the goal post" with a "no true scotsman" fallacy thrown in on top of it. Now instead of trying to find logical precedent within this game we have to try to find logical precedent within others but only those which you would consider "reputable."

Firstly there's no obvious logical reason why we should be considering other games. No game has to be like any other game. In fact the developers of this game have made it a key design principle to NOT do what other MMOs have done in many ways. You're simply attempting to move the goal posts.

Secondly you've already said that no true "reputable" game would sell this sort of thing therefore any example anyone may find of such a transaction in another game would immediately disqualify that game from being considered "reputable." A classic example of the no true scotsman fallacy.

Let me just say then that I find this particular quest of yours to have the game changed so that an optional questing system gets an I Win Button with all rewards handed out is misguided at the very minimum, especially a questing system that has a major endgame reward tied to it.

1) the game already allows you a way to collaborate with other players who have done the quests and are willing to partner up.
    2) MMOs are all about the grind. If you don’t like that grind go do something else that you do like. Don’t ask for a way to press a button and win with all rewards so you can make a profit faster.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018

I do agree Core maps have waaaay too many hearts, people often ends up fed up with the game trying to complete them all, thinking that's what they are supposed to do, often ignoring events and the like.

But I completely disagree with adding an item to skip them. What I think would be a way better solution is not requiring those hearts, and using a method similar to the new maps with less, more spread repeatable hearts.

So, I'd change the color of the existing hearts in core maps to a bluish silver, and add repeatable golden hearts that are completed by doing hearts and events withing the whole heart. All reusing existing NPCs with interesting dialogs as the new 'hosts' of the repeatable hearts.

Take, for instance, Queensdale. It has a whooping 17 hearts. WAY too many. So I'd group them like this, with the following NPCs as the Renown Heart NPC:

• Shaemoor Village and Farms - Mayor North

• Help Diah tend her farm (2)
      • Help Fisher Travis maintain the river (2)
      • Help Foreman Flannum improve dam safety (3)
      • Assist Farmer Eda with her orchard (4)
      • Help Cassie around the moa ranch (5)
    • Shaemoor Outskirts - Lieutenant Ryder

• Assist the Seraph at Shaemoor Garrison (6)
      • Assist Laborer Cardy and Ojon's lumbermill (8)
      • Assist Hunter Block and the hunting lodge (9)
    • Claypool - Lord Mayor Johlin

• Help Lexi Price protect the trade route (7)
      • Train with the militia (8)
      • Help the Seraph protect Claypool from centaurs (9)
    • Beetletun - Lord Jonas

• Assist Fisherman Will and the fishermen of Beetletun (10)
      • Protect Beetletun farmers from Tamini centaurs (12)
      • Help the citizens of Beetletun maintain their town (13)
    • Southeast Wilderness - Abbot Mathias

• Keep the monastery operational (11)
      • Unite the ettins (14)
      • Help Historian Garrod investigate Godslost Swamp (15)

Then only the new Repeatable renown hearts would count for map completion and world completion, but the demoted silver hearts stay unchanged. So you'd only need 5 hearts instead 17 to complete the map, and you would be able to complete each by doing any events, hearts and random good deeds like reviving NPCs within the entire repeatable heart.

This way the problem is solved by adding things on top of what's already there, without having to do massive reworks or removing hearts from maps. Still a lot of work, but way less than redesigning the map completely or removing hearts.

• jhern.6097jhern.6097 Member ✭✭

Just an idea from someone getting a little exhausted from doing map completion. I'd appreciate an item that completes core Tyria hearts. Maybe even something that gives you a boost while doing them to complete them faster. Maybe make it something you unlock when you've done your first map completion. After that you can choose to use it for all other toons.

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

We already had a thread about this. Virtually everyone in thread came out against it. Why make a second thread?

edited March 1, 2018

@Israel.7056 said:

I have a question.

Let me just say then that I find this particular quest of yours to have the game changed so that an optional questing system gets an I Win Button with all rewards handed out is misguided at the very minimum, especially a questing system that has a major endgame reward tied to it.

1) the game already allows you a way to collaborate with other players who have done the quests and are willing to partner up.
    2) MMOs are all about the grind. If you don’t like that grind go do something else that you do like. Don’t ask for a way to press a button and win with all rewards so you can make a profit faster.

Alright well thanks for your feedback I fundamentally disagree.

1. Nothing would be stopping people from continuing to do hearts if they chose to. Last I checked people still seem to do hero challenges even though they don't have to anymore.

2. I don't share your values so I don't see anything wrong with asking for a way to skip around content I find boring.

I like the idea of doing content you actually like to pay to skip content you don't. I really would like to see more of that in the game.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

I have a question.

Alright well thanks for your feedback I fundamentally disagree.

1. Nothing would be stopping people from continuing to do hearts if they chose to. Last I checked people still seem to do hero challenges even though they don't have to anymore.

2. I don't share your values so I don't see anything wrong with asking for a way to skip around content I find boring.

I like the idea of doing content you actually like to pay to skip content you don't. I really would like to see more of that in the game.

You can already skip content you dont like you just dont get the reward from it.
    Shocking I know but dont it work like this everywere?
    I dont get paid from my work laying on the beach tanning, I find tanning fun and relaxing and work not so much fun or relaxing.

edited March 1, 2018

@Linken.6345 said:
    You can already skip content you dont like you just dont get the reward from it.

Yes I do.

In the case of hero challenges can I spend all day WvWing and just buy scrolls with heroics to skip the hero challenges. In the case of waypoints I can buy the unlocks from the gem store and skip ever having to actually go unlock them manually. I can even pay gems to skip the entire leveling process and go straight to level 80 from level 1.

These things already exist in the game I'm simply proposing they add some method of skipping the hearts. Could be scrolls purchased with some in-game currency like in WvW or an item from the gem store either way would be fine with me.

EDIT: To your other point; the game isn't real life it doesn't have to work like real life.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2018

@Israel.7056 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes I do.

In the case of hero challenges can I spend all day WvWing and just buy scrolls with heroics to skip the hero challenges. In the case of waypoints I can buy the unlocks from the gem store and skip ever having to actually go unlock them manually. I can even pay gems to skip the entire leveling process and go straight to level 80 from level 1.

These things already exist in the game I'm simply proposing they add some method of skipping the hearts. Could be scrolls purchased with some in-game currency like in WvW or an item from the gem store either way would be fine with me.

EDIT: To your other point; the game isn't real life it doesn't have to work like real life.

Maybe I should start a thread asking for a way to get wvw levels in pve for like airship parts or trade contracts or the like its such a boring thing to grind in wvw.
    Dont sound reasonable to me but going by this thread its anything goes.
    And while we are at it put in first place in a tournament without having to do the spvp tournies too since why should I have to do boring spvp content for that.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you only ever play WvW and PvP, why do you care about map completion? Don't like that content, don't do it. Simple as that.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

@Trise.2865 said:
    If you only ever play WvW and PvP, why do you care about map completion? Don't like that content, don't do it. Simple as that.

Because the OP wants a faster/easier path to crafting and selling legendaries.

Very.
    Casual.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes I do.

Maybe I should start a thread asking for a way to get wvw levels in pve for like airship parts or trade contracts or the like its such a boring thing to grind in wvw.
    And while we are at it put in first place in a tournament without having to do the spvp tournies too since why should I have to do boring spvp content for that.

Those all seem reasonable requests to me but they're the subject for another thread.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:

I have a question.

Actually Just a flesh wound has a major point.. any reputable game shouldn't / wouldn't allow such a pay to win feature to become the way forward.
    Of course you could disprove his point by at least naming a few that you deem reputable and provide a core game feature P2W scenario.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

edited March 1, 2018

@Israel.7056 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes I do.

Those all seem reasonable requests to me but they're the subject for another thread.

Handing out first place in sPvP tournaments to those who don’t play but do pay.

I think that pretty well sums up the OPs unwillingness to see the harm in his suggestion. As long as he can get the gold faster nothing else matters.

• mauried.5608mauried.5608 Member ✭✭✭

Doing the hearts is a form of grind, and all MMOs have got to have lots of grind in them simply to keep players busy.
    The hearts also provide a mechanism for keeping low level zones full of players which makes the game look a lot better to new players.
    Nothing worse than a world that has no one in it.

• Wish granted, you can now pay a heart NPC 5 gold to completely fill their request, voiding the rewards behind completing said heart and locking the merchant options for 24 hours. nothing beats having to help out like hiring others to help out! (Do you have any idea how expensive it is to hire mercenaries to put down their swords and pick apples? first they want wages, and then they want to form a union...)

• @Israel.7056 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes I do.

well, buying Hero points in WvW is possible because they are needed to get the specializations, and waypoints are needed to fast travel across the map and get to the events you want to do without having to walk all the way there.
    they are not available just to skip parts of world completion, hearts are only needed for world completion, nothing that keeps you from playing the mode you want to play.

• @Celsith.2753 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Israel.7056 said:
    To any ANET people reading this thread: I would buy gems for this item, that's how much it would be worth to me and I'm sure many others would buy gems for this as well.

Translation: Dear ANet, I will gladly pay-to-win.

Perhaps, it would benefit you and the community more if you asked for the Hearts to be more rewarding or worth your time instead?

Having already done map completion at least 8x I support the option to buy heart completion even if its with gems. We can unlock the waypoints with gems so why not?

My answer to that would be something akin to "since this allows you to unlock the general vicinity of the hearts, and thus cuts down on the transportation time on an unexplored map, you don't really need the item to unlock the hearts w/out doing them".

When I look at how this system is set up, compared to other MMOs, I have to wonder "How lazy are people really these days?", since you can literally just stand by the NPC and get completions, if anyone is working on that heart when you show up. Kill one mob, turn in one item, and you're golden in some cases. Of course, as a new player, I'm not doing them for end game benefits, I'm doing them because I don't have millions of Karma built up.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Palador.2170 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Perhaps, it would benefit you and the community more if you asked for the Hearts to be more rewarding or worth your time instead?

Yeah, I'm going to agree with this idea.

The question is: How?

I'd say by making them take less time.

I'd love to see an account-bound tag per zone or for world completion that grants a bonus to all actions taken toward reputation. Some of those hearts take for-flipping-ever. While I wouldn't advocate a buy-to-win method of completing rep hearts, I would be very enthused to see a vendor item for karma or laurels that increases reputation gains by 100% for an hour. Or a cooking recipe. Or a guild hall option at the tavern.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• mauried.5608mauried.5608 Member ✭✭✭

Lets really sum up this thread which is
    I want to get a gift of exploration but I dont want to have to do the work to get it.
    Aint going to happen.