Request: Noxious Pod for home instance

I don't know if the topic has ever been brought up or not, but I for one would love to see Noxious Pods available for home instances like the other maps had for their respective nodes. I did a fair amount of Dragon Stand and still never got everything I wanted from it when it came to Crystaline Ore or even rare drops. With Path of Fire, I find it much harder to find groups for Dragon Stand. I'm sure they still happen, but with the times I'm on and have the extra two hours to spare I never seem to find one unless it's connected with a daily. But in hopes for feedback and maybe Anet seeing, I would love it if they considered this. To my knowledge the only way to get Crystaline Ore is via the pods or occasionally Guild commendations. A home node would give a method of obtaining the ore, albeit very slowly, for those who cannot find active maps or their Guilds may no longer do the content. I would even buy a home node from the gemstore if it had even just a chance for the rarer things like Crystaline, Amalgamated Gemstones etc (yes, I know Amalagamated can be forged and easier to obtain, but it's still one of the 'rarer' things that was rewarded via the Hero Chests in HoT). But did anyone else ever want a Noxious Pod for their home? :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this. Please. A thousand times over. We've discussed this in guild almost every time we do home node runs. We have nodes from all the other maps. Seems ridiculous not to have noxious pods.You are correct though, Crystalline Ore is only available through DS meta and commendations. I don't even think they are available through reward tracks (which is an absolute shame as well).

• 3 months later...

They actually did make this based on the datamining results from way back but for whatever reason they didn't think it should be added. On the one hand I would get it but on the other hand you can go into pretty much any random DS(other than one than when it is about to close/reset) and get a bunch of pods anyway.

I support this idea and always wondered why there was no pod in the first place when all the other maps had their "chest" put into our home instance.

That being said, I doubt ANet will look back and do it. They don't bother much about the past as it is the future(LS4, Xpac3, yaddayadda...) that makes them money and pays their rent.

I'd like a noxious pod for the home too, but something OP said is wrong.

With PoF it is easier, not harder, to find a "not full" version of Dragon stand. And if you can find a not full dragon stand, you can collect the 4 pods around the 6 waypoints very fast, and the swap characters and do it again until you run out of character slots.

The machetes are account bound, most of the the pods spawn before the event is over, maps aren't always full, and mounts for fast travel. Opening pods has never been quicker or easier.