Request: Noxious Pod for home instance

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oho, this one's made a comeback.Putting my hands together again to beg for this, ANet. If you hadn't made Dragon Stand such rubbish to get into, it might not have been a problem, but this is a fairly general need, especially since new legendaries seem to require Crystalline Ore outside of HoT...

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I'd love that.I'd also love a Leyline Crystal node,since the Chak Gerent event is the only way to collect leyline crystals..

That is just wrong unless you are using the wrong name. Leyline Crystals(TD's currency) are available from crystallized caches, doing events, killing random mobs if you have the Nuhoch hunting mastery, chests that are spread around TD, and the adventures that are in TD.

@Rauderi.8706 said:Oho, this one's made a comeback.Putting my hands together again to beg for this, ANet. If you hadn't made Dragon Stand such rubbish to get into, it might not have been a problem, but this is a fairly general need, especially since new legendaries seem to require Crystalline Ore outside of HoT...

You are mixing up can use versus must use. Either that or you are confusing Crystalline Ore with Amalgamated Gemstone.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:Oho, this one's made a comeback.Putting my hands together again to beg for this, ANet. If you hadn't made Dragon Stand such rubbish to get into, it might not have been a problem, but this is a fairly general need, especially since new legendaries seem to require Crystalline Ore outside of HoT...

You are mixing up can use versus must use. Either that or you are confusing Crystalline Ore with Amalgamated Gemstone.

I was going to refute, but instead I found something worthy of a PSA:HMS Divinity, Binding of Ipos, Shooshadoo, Shining Blade, Sharur, and Flames of War are listed in the wiki has either Maguuma Mastery or Desert Mastery, requiring Crystalline Ingots (and thus Ore) or Funerary Incense (which can be purchased with Ingots but have other sources).That's actually pretty awesome, and I appreciate ANet more for doing it.

Sadly, Astralaria, Chuka and Champawat, Eureka, HOPE, and Nevermore aren't listed with that formula. Can anyone confirm if these do or don't also follow that pattern as the rest of the Gen 2 legendaries?

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I'd love that.I'd also love a Leyline Crystal node,since the Chak Gerent event is the only way to collect leyline crystals..

That is just wrong unless you are using the wrong name. Leyline Crystals(TD's currency) are available from crystallized caches, doing events, killing random mobs if you have the Nuhoch hunting mastery, chests that are spread around TD, and the adventures that are in TD.

You apparantly haven't had the misfortune of working on the Chak collection yet.The gerent event is the only reliable method that won't drive you insane.Chests drop crystals about 1 in 5 chests, and usually it's number is about equal to the average age of an asura when they build their first thermocollector.Every odd year mobs will also drop a bag containing 5-10 crystals, yes, but I don't have 10 years to finish the collection.The only way to make more than 20 crystals in a day is to do the Gerent event.unless your RNG was somehow cursed by seventeen demons to make you think the drop rates from mobs, chests and events were somehow.. considerable..

• 1 month later...

@Drecien.4508 said:This is truly needed.

No it isn't. If you have enough other map currencies, you map into DS, top up your stock of Machetes if necessary (that's what the other currencies are for), and then run down each of the three lanes. You can collect 6-8 pods per day that way. (Possibly per character - I haven't tried that yet.)

Use mounts to help you avoid the patrolling groups of Mordrem (Raptor jumps past, Griffy lets you fly above them, etc.), and go for it.

EDIT: 6-8 per day if you do that run only once a day, of course. YMMV on how many runs you can do, but each character can only do one run per meta cycle.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:This is truly needed.

No it isn't. If you have enough other map currencies, you map into DS, top up your stock of Machetes if necessary (that's what the other currencies are for), and then run down each of the three lanes. You can collect 6-8 pods per day that way. (Possibly
per character
- I haven't tried that yet.)

Use mounts to help you avoid the patrolling groups of Mordrem (Raptor jumps past, Griffy lets you fly above them, etc.), and go for it.

EDIT: 6-8 per day if you do that run only once a day, of course. YMMV on how many runs you can do, but each character can only do one run per meta cycle.

Some of us don't want to run through DS or any of the other maps anymore. Just like with all the ls3 nodes you get the currency you need at a long steady pace.

• 2 months later...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

That is just wrong unless you are using the wrong name. Leyline Crystals(TD's currency) are available from crystallized caches, doing events, killing random mobs if you have the Nuhoch hunting mastery, chests that are spread around TD, and the adventures that are in TD.Still it's the HoT map currency that's the hardest to farm.

I'm also a home instance collector with a full home instance, and while I am not against new stuff for it, I doubt it will happen because of the daily machete people can get from the Ley-Energy Matter Converter.

If we had a home instance noxious pod, people picking one of those daily machetes could use it on the home instance, instead having to go to Dragon's Stand after gathering a while, probably on the day when it's a daily achievement.

I would also like to see nodes for the other 2 remaining map currencies: Airship Parts and Ley crystals.But there's too many nodes being added, gathering the home instance is getting too long.So I would prefer if nodes could also have upgrades and if some nodes could be merged.

• Buying the Airship parts node would share a spot with the sprocket node, and they would merge into a single "Machine Scrap" node if both have been added. Each swing of the pickaxe would give both sprockets and airship parts in the same amounts as gathering two nodes separately.
  • The Bloodstone crystals and Jade Fragments nodes could be merged into a single "Bloodstone Slab" node with both shards and fragments coming from it, giving 1 gathering of each per swing.
  • The Ley crystals node from tangled depths could be merged with the bloodstone nodes, merging into a "Crystallized magic" node with bloodstone, jade and ley crystals coming from it, and giving 1 gathering of each per swing. Any other nodes that are crystallized magic would also get merged with this node.
  • Quartz could have 2 upgrades that can be purchased after unlocking the node: 1 in Dry Top, 1 at Destiny's Gorge, for a total of 9 gatherings, a 3rd upgrade could be available in the future, and after 3 upgrades, the node would have a total of 10 gatherings.

Heart of thorns was released quite some time ago (almost 3 years), and we've passed another expansion and are well on our way towards the next. I don't see why we can't have a few things that would make things a in older expansions a little more easier or convenient. It's not like you can't zip around Dragon's Stand on a mount to trade your one free machete for a single ore and a handful of greens and millstones, would having that in your home instance really make it too easy?

Same for map currency nodes. I doubt getting handed a few extra crystals or airship parts would throw off the balance of the HoT economy. If conserving real estate in the home instance is the issue, just make them upgrades to the Aurillium node, make it give out a random mix of parts, aurilium, and ley crystals, then let us hit it extra times depending on how many types we have unlocked.

@"Plok.5873" said:Another notorious node collector here (also alliteration-affine.) supporting OP's request.

Side note: I still want home instance dogs. Too much cat-partisanship in this game!Whooo... still didn't let the dogs out?

Problem. Cats will for the most part go and use the litter box.Dogs will... for the most part go wherever when you look at the designs of the home instances. Frankly, I dont' want to step in "dog bombs".

@Plok.5873 said:Another notorious node collector here (also alliteration-affine.) supporting OP's request.

Side note: I still want home instance dogs. Too much cat-partisanship in this game!Whooo... still didn't let the dogs out?

I feel them adding an equal number of dogs would make things crowded and difficult. But maybe they could add some kind of home instance device that turns all the cats into dogs. That way you only have to run around everywhere once and there won't be too much crowding from having a bunch of dogs and cats in the home instance.