I have downloaded the game and purchased both HoT and PoF, and have enjoyed many hours playing through the content and PvPing. However, recently when I try to play, the game doesn't have any sound on the character select screen. "Alright" I thought, "probably just a bug." But sure enough, all sound inside the actual game world and instances etc aren't working. I tried resetting to default sound settings and playing with the different sound settings in game, and checked my master volume/sound mixer to make sure Guild Wars was turned up, and running it as admin just to see if it would work all to no avail. Everything seems normal and in their right place, and all the other games/music/videos I play seem to play their sounds with absolutely no problem at all. Does anyone have any idea on how I can help fix this problem and get the sound working again?

Reinstalling is a placebo. The only thing it's actually good for is shrinking Gw2.dat. Everything else can be done by copying Gw2.dat to check the drive's state, running -repair to verify it's not corrupted and deleting the %temp%/gw2cache, %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ and Documents/Guild Wars 2/ folders.

You can try deleting %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, which will reset your hardware-related settings.

Ensure you're not using the -nosound option and that GW2 is playing on the proper output device and isn't muted. It should appear under the volume mixer. Ensure that your speakers are configured properly, otherwise GW2 may be trying to play on a channel/speaker that you don't actually have. If you're using any additional audio mixing software, you must also ensure that it's configured properly. One of them was causing problems a while back with muting GW2, Razer maybe.

Having the same issue was fine when I logged of about 24 hours ago, Now after the update no sound anywhere. Checked 3 other games all fine, video streaming also fine. GW2 setting are fine, and its not muted in the Windows controller. There are also no other audio based programs running. I also tried deleting the local.dat file with no change. I've submitted a ticket, but the last issue it took 5 days to get back to me. Anyone find a fix?

• 1 month later...

Same here, i tried all solutions found in this forum. Also filed a ticket to tech support and submit the result of Game Advisor Results and still no reply coming from them for a "MONTH". Any of you experience the same issue? How did you fix it? Please share it here so me and other players out there can fix the issue. Thank you so much :)

• 1 month later...

I've also had a very similar problem. Played the game fine this morning; then tonight all sound was gone, starting from main menu. I've rebooted my computer, checked the volume mixer, tried both in-game audio device options as well as using headphones, reinstalled drivers (only GW2 has problems anyways), uninstalled/reinstalled GW2, repaired the local client, and deleted the Local.dat file. Still nothing, very confusing to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED! Here are the steps that worked for me (on Windows 10):

1. From your desktop, click the start button in the bottom-left, then select Settings (the gear icon).
  2. Select Apps.
  3. From Apps, scroll down to the one that matches your audio driver (if you don't know which one that is, go to Device Manager from the search bar, and see what it says under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers). For example, I had "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver".
  4. Select your audio driver and uninstall it. Reboot your computer (you may also need to reboot again, after your system automatically reinstalls the driver upon bootup).

After the driver has been reinstalled and your system rebooted, open the game. Hopefully it should work now!

• 2 years later...

@"Svenman.7354" said:SOLVED! Here are the steps that worked for me (on Windows 10):

1. From your desktop, click the start button in the bottom-left, then select Settings (the gear icon).
  2. Select Apps.
  3. From Apps, scroll down to the one that matches your audio driver (if you don't know which one that is, go to Device Manager from the search bar, and see what it says under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers). For example, I had "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver".
  4. Select your audio driver and uninstall it. Reboot your computer (you may also need to reboot again, after your system automatically reinstalls the driver upon bootup).

After the driver has been reinstalled and your system rebooted, open the game. Hopefully it should work now!

THANKYOU MAN COOLEST GUY EVER IT FIX IT FOR ME

@odessa.1287 said:

@"Svenman.7354" said:SOLVED! Here are the steps that worked for me (on Windows 10):
  2. Select Apps.

THANKYOU MAN COOLEST GUY EVER IT FIX IT FOR ME

Glad it worked for you and kudos for using the search feature