best race for revenant

sevends.6504

I usually play near/human and in GW2 I love the norn race because they are BIG and snow leopard OP for classes with no access to stealth. Who knows when you will want/need it? ;-)

However, when it came time to choose a race for my revenant I chose human because you cannot slot in racial skills and armor skins in general "fit" better on them. On norn some of the armor skins are not tailored very well.

I do not regret my human choice.

I went with an Asura, cause I love the race, generally. My "head canon" is that he was a graduate from Synergetics who invented the infinity ball and became obsessed with dimensions, time travel, and ultimately The Mists. Falling into Revenant magic was a natural consequence of his experiences at that point.

@sevends.6504 said:Which race would look hella cool with revenant armours weps and skills ??

Lore-wise i'd go (and went for Norn), their Havrouns already are said to be able to travel to the mists. So they're more like to have been the first Revenants (just not called that) than Rytlock.

Style-wise those armour and weapon sets look good on just about everything, although the Mistward armour is one of the best looking armours for char. Probably because it was fitted for Rytlock first i guess, most other charr armors (even cultural ones) look weird and ill fitted. But it doesn't mean that it looks worse on other races, just that for charr heavy users its one of the best fitting armours in the game.

ive been playing charr rev since it came out and right now im trying to re-roll and deciding between sylvari and asura. It's incredibly difficult to find more than a couple armor sets thats look good on charr and so far I like the glow and style of the sylvari, makes it seem easier to recreate my gw1 ritualist feel and look like ive come straight from the echovald forest. And I always like asura cus they remind me of maplestory characters lol

Asura have amazing cultural heavy armour, and are all around awesome.Charr have Rytlock, but for some that may be a reason not to go charr. Renegade is charr-themed, too.Sylvari have Ventari as a legend.Humans work with everything.Norn, well, I never liked them. Male norn look ridiculous, and female are just humans with bigger sliders and worse voice acting.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:Sylvari. Rev has this glow on his arms depending on chosen legend, and cabbages have their own nightly glow of nearly any color you want. Really helps propagate the outerwordly feel of it.

This guy knows what's up... All about power clashing your glows.

with the night glowing weapons too, when i play my Sylvari i feel like the glow is an Anime speak for "kittens getting serious"

I went for human with mine because the heavy lore tie ins were the only way I was going to have fun playing a human when Norn and Sylvari are options.

I do wonder if the asura dodge animations look even better on a revenant though. And their cultural heavy armour is great.

Human, Norn and Charr

@Rashagar.8349 said:I went for human with mine because the heavy lore tie ins were the only way I was going to have fun playing a human when Norn and Sylvari are options.

I do wonder if the asura dodge animations look even better on a revenant though. And their cultural heavy armour is great.you can always check the Thaumanova Reactor fractal which turns you into an Asura

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying out different pvp races for rev since i have a charr rev with mostly everything completed and something felt off. Made an asuran rev to test in pvp and idk why but its way more fun now. And i love the animation for mace 3 lol just a double flip and a body slam is dope. They look like theyre doing that drunken style of combat and its great.

• 2 years later...