Eerie Driftwood not spawning [merged]

Swapping characters doesn't help, as well as switching OS (from Mac to Windows in my case), and I doubt that the tools have sth to do with it... What if the bug actually shows up when a player gets to that specific phase in the collection? Heh, trying to invent a good reason for that x)

@Glaswen.7926 said:Swapping characters doesn't help, as well as switching OS (from Mac to Windows in my case), and I doubt that the tools have sth to do with it... What if the bug actually shows up when a player gets to that specific phase in the collection? Heh, trying to invent a good reason for that x)

It's possible but so far it seems that everyone was using non-standard logging tools, and in many case, store bought logging tools.

If the bug was specific to that phase no one would be able to get the item and many have completed this phase and have finished the next phase as well. It's possible that it was a result of the patch that changed the Djinn and it happens to everyone that unlocked the collection post-patch.

@ShadowbaneX.6273 said:It's possible but so far it seems that everyone was using non-standard logging tools, and in many case, store bought logging tools.

If the bug was specific to that phase no one would be able to get the item and many have completed this phase and have finished the next phase as well. It's possible that it was a result of the patch that changed the Djinn and it happens to everyone that unlocked the collection post-patch.

Just to throw a spanner into any possible theory that the type of tool used makes a difference, I was using a standard orichalcum logging axe. It does seem that, at least in some cases, these nodes have become a one-shot deal (I don't know whether it has been like this since the release of the episode, or whether a subsequent patch broke it) - my partner, who was able to harvest the nodes when I wasn't, checked again yesterday and today and she can no longer click on them. She already has the required item though, and can't resist a tiny bit of gloating.

Update: I found 2 Eery Driftwood Nodes that I hadn't harvested yet. I was able to harvest each of them once (3 hits). Neither gave me the collection item though (I checked the achievement afterwards). Neither of them respawned in later metas. Now I'm back to waiting for the nodes to respawn.

Tools used: Chop-It-All Logging Axe

@Xhesar.5081 said:

@ShadowbaneX.6273 said:It's possible but so far it seems that everyone was using non-standard logging tools, and in many case, store bought logging tools.

Just to throw a spanner into any possible theory that the type of tool used makes a difference, I was using a standard orichalcum logging axe.

Ah, well. I'm sure ANet will figure it out.