/GG in fractals needs to be nerfed - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

/GG in fractals needs to be nerfed

12346

Comments

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Faaris.8013 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Faaris.8013 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    Balancing the game around immersion is kinda meh anyways.

    It's not even about immersion in my opinion. How is it more immersing when your group just stands there and waits for the chrono to change his skill. If you could at least switch skills that are on cool down and carry the cool down over to the new skill. That way you could switch and still have the penalty, but you could start the fight.

    If you try to roleplay skill cool downs for immersion it becomes hilarious anyway. And who cares how a group of friends plays instanced content? Nobody else sees what you are doing.

    This upcoming change and the random toxic trails etc. are not good for the game. Fractals is the only content I do regularly, but yesterday I already skipped them because 99cm with toxic trails and random conditions and pugs was horrible. This stuff adds no fun to the game, it's just annoying.

    Honestly if you cant deal with the content and the instabilities change up your setup to make it work better. Also if one can play the content how ever he/she likes with friends or like minded ppl then why is the op here ;_;

    I think you misunderstood. I skipped because it annoyed me. I don't like spending my freetime on stuff that annoys me. Today I had to do the Obsidian Sanctum JP for a collection item, it was annoying. I proved that I can deal with the content, but I will not do it again. Some instabilities are horribly annoying. I used that exact word in my post, not "it was too hard, I can't deal with the content."

    In your mind, only players who have difficulties with content have a right to complain. I have no difficulties but I complain about annoying mechanics.

    I didnt said that u find it hard i said u could swap your build around to make it less annoying.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    A good solution for the op would be to add a "leave no hero behind" for every fractal ^^

    That would be one time content. In 100 CM people tend to /gg anyway. Even if there is someone who still need the achievement, lots of people do not care about that and /gg anyway.

    Thats not true if someone asks for the run to be gg-less then we will normally try it and if it doesnt work we will just go as normal. Ive done it a fair bit of times and every time we had someone asking for a deathless run we atempted it at least once.

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    A good solution for the op would be to add a "leave no hero behind" for every fractal ^^

    That would be one time content. In 100 CM people tend to /gg anyway. Even if there is someone who still need the achievement, lots of people do not care about that and /gg anyway.

    Thats not true if someone asks for the run to be gg-less then we will normally try it and if it doesnt work we will just go as normal. Ive done it a fair bit of times and every time we had someone asking for a deathless run we atempted it at least once.

    And I saw plenty of runs where people /gg ed anyways. Because they obviously need those long cooldowns right at the start of a boss fight already.

    First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

  • So if i get stuck in the wall, which i manage to do a lot, and am not able to GG what then?

  • @Ikoshin.2430 said:
    So if i get stuck in the wall, which i manage to do a lot, and am not able to GG what then?

    I dunno, how did the people who've played since beta up until /gg was implemented?

    *hint: log out and back in most of the time.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rune Darkmoor.3269 said:

    @Ikoshin.2430 said:
    So if i get stuck in the wall, which i manage to do a lot, and am not able to GG what then?

    I dunno, how did the people who've played since beta up until /gg was implemented?

    *hint: log out and back in most of the time.

    Id rather have the isntant gg rather that going through the process of logging out and back in. ( i save on loading screens which is bae since i dont have an ssd atm)

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    A good solution for the op would be to add a "leave no hero behind" for every fractal ^^

    That would be one time content. In 100 CM people tend to /gg anyway. Even if there is someone who still need the achievement, lots of people do not care about that and /gg anyway.

    Thats not true if someone asks for the run to be gg-less then we will normally try it and if it doesnt work we will just go as normal. Ive done it a fair bit of times and every time we had someone asking for a deathless run we atempted it at least once.

    And I saw plenty of runs where people /gg ed anyways. Because they obviously need those long cooldowns right at the start of a boss fight already.

    Well if they dint tell u that it was going to be a deathless run u shouldnt have expected one.

    And besides much like ppl still do the old cms for the legendary backpiece theres still ppl interested in the title. Making an lfg group with about it should get those ppl started.

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018

    there is also a /stuck command, but it requires you to stand absolutely still for a minute or something

    First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @zealex.9410 said:
    A good solution for the op would be to add a "leave no hero behind" for every fractal ^^

    That would be one time content. In 100 CM people tend to /gg anyway. Even if there is someone who still need the achievement, lots of people do not care about that and /gg anyway.

    Thats not true if someone asks for the run to be gg-less then we will normally try it and if it doesnt work we will just go as normal. Ive done it a fair bit of times and every time we had someone asking for a deathless run we atempted it at least once.

    And I saw plenty of runs where people /gg ed anyways. Because they obviously need those long cooldowns right at the start of a boss fight already.

    That's up to the players. I usually ask before /gg-ing in front of Arkk if I see we still have the eligibility. And it doesn't hurt to ask, either. Recently I've been in two groups when a player asked to try for LNHB and we did it both times. There's always the chance to have a jerk in your party, but he'll be a jerk regardless.

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rune Darkmoor.3269 said:

    @Ikoshin.2430 said:
    So if i get stuck in the wall, which i manage to do a lot, and am not able to GG what then?

    I dunno, how did the people who've played since beta up until /gg was implemented?

    *hint: log out and back in most of the time.

    If u get stuck on the wall u can try /stuck . Likely it won't work and so you may hit the cross button to the top right.. I hope this helps amen

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Malediktus.9250 said:
    there is also a /stuck command, but it requires you to stand absolutely still for a minute or something

    There is also a /gg command that allows you to reset the fight or get free from glitches. Even resets your cooldowns. Ultimate "stop wasting my time plz" option.

  • Gambino.2109Gambino.2109 Member ✭✭✭

    People always want to waste time... for practical things. Stop asking for nerfs outside of usual Necro nerfs.. which btw suck too

  • Jackk.8104Jackk.8104 Member ✭✭

    Can we have a keybind for /gg? kinda tired of typing this all the time in raids and fractals

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018

    @Jackk.8104 said:
    Can we have a keybind for /gg? kinda tired of typing this all the time in raids and fractals

    Don't worry.. you won't need to type gg ff kk jj anymore soon xD the dev will come up with an ultimate super op solution .. just sit back and wait
    I can sense malediktus giggling at the corner...

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018

    @Talindra.4958 said:

    @Jackk.8104 said:
    Can we have a keybind for /gg? kinda tired of typing this all the time in raids and fractals

    Don't worry.. you won't need to type gg ff kk jj anymore soon xD the dev will come up with an ultimate super op solution .. just sit back and wait
    I can sense malediktus giggling at the corner...

    I wish Ben worked on new fractals instead of this. Or random instabilities.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kheldorn.5123 said:

    @Talindra.4958 said:

    @Jackk.8104 said:
    Can we have a keybind for /gg? kinda tired of typing this all the time in raids and fractals

    Don't worry.. you won't need to type gg ff kk jj anymore soon xD the dev will come up with an ultimate super op solution .. just sit back and wait
    I can sense malediktus giggling at the corner...

    I wish Ben worked on new fractals instead of this. Or random instabilities.

    Random instabilities is fine. The issue is that they went ahead with it without polishing it further. And besides, Ben gave a schedule on fractals from back when pof released. So how about we w8 until the supposed time of the next release comes until we claim that this took any serious amount of time?

  • @Faaris.8013 said:
    Why always think about removing something...

    Why not add a reward when your team makes it through a fractal without anyone dying?

    Because that would be used as an excuse for people to refused to help newbies, and it would make pugs unbearable. Plus, any of the groups that are already abusing /gg would just go back to abusing it after one person died.

  • Faaris.8013Faaris.8013 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EnemyCrusher.7324 said:

    @Faaris.8013 said:
    Why always think about removing something...

    Why not add a reward when your team makes it through a fractal without anyone dying?

    Because that would be used as an excuse for people to refused to help newbies, and it would make pugs unbearable. Plus, any of the groups that are already abusing /gg would just go back to abusing it after one person died.

    I think this would work well for T4s only, not in the lower tiers. I don't see anyone using /gg in lower tiers anyway. That the current use of /gg is an "abuse" is not a fact btw.

  • @Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:
    Again, we aren't taking away /gg.

    loool yeah calm down everyone, Ben is our friend

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:

    @Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:
    Again, we aren't taking away /gg.

    loool yeah calm down everyone, Ben is our friend

    :p Thank you Ben for the confirmation :P think many daily runners going to be relieved to know

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • @Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:
    I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

    If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

    I would soo love it if you could do that!! It is sooo frustrating if you want to reset cool down, but someone in the group did not /gg and it won't reset since i used LFG, it happens a LOT! I don't like to do /gg but i understand why we do it. So another way to reset our cooldowns would be amazing!

    Maybe you could make it a stackable buff?? Like if the fractal started you get 1 reset buff stack it would be like the Adrenal Mushroom in the Special Forces Training Area, but instead you could make it so that it would consume 1 stack if you typed /cd and you get +1 stack if you used the Mistlock singularity. Also when ppl typed /gg the game could could consume 1 buff stack too so you don't have to type /gg and /cd. I think that if you do it like this people don't have to ALL /gg for their skills to reset so it would be less toxic and maybe this could be good for speed runners too since they could save the buff stacks and be more effeicient. The buff stack could reset to 1 too if you died for extra challenge!

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Two /gg .. Xera portal CD recharge :p :x err.. I didn't say that.

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • How do I report exploits with GG? I mean there is no such category for reporting or at least I can't find it also I have 2 pictures

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You mail support with a description and screens.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You can do a bug report via the "Support" category when hitting ESC or report specific players via "Botting". It was told that we should use this option if some players are doing unintended shenanigans.
    But, please be sure that you are reporting a real exploit. Things like jumping down the cliff in Volcanic to skip to the boss platform and then /gg is not an exploit. Just to inform yourself since there are several shortcuts like that.

  • @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    How do I report exploits with GG? I mean there is no such category for reporting or at least I can't find it also I have 2 pictures

    mail to: [email protected]
    include: time/date/location/names
    and a description of what you think was exploited

    "With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

  • @Vinceman.4572 said:
    You can do a bug report via the "Support" category when hitting ESC or report specific players via "Botting". It was told that we should use this option if some players are doing unintended shenanigans.
    But, please be sure that you are reporting a real exploit. Things like jumping down the cliff in Volcanic to skip to the boss platform and then /gg is not an exploit. Just to inform yourself since there are several shortcuts like that.

    It isn't but it also not a boss skip. It one of the things you see where you thing : What the hell are you planning ? This is a major mechanic of this fractal and you doing strange things to gain 30 seconds and to skip it.

    As a player it isn't the problem how illicit this is Arena.NET usually don't punish this kind of behavior. Its more how like you want from me why I need to GG? Or it is like Shattered Observatory where always at least one don't can do the strange jump (including me) to the 3 platform because people don't do this kind of stuff in T1-T3 .

    On top of it is unfair to players who trying to the stuff in a legit way.

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    You can do a bug report via the "Support" category when hitting ESC or report specific players via "Botting". It was told that we should use this option if some players are doing unintended shenanigans.
    But, please be sure that you are reporting a real exploit. Things like jumping down the cliff in Volcanic to skip to the boss platform and then /gg is not an exploit. Just to inform yourself since there are several shortcuts like that.

    It isn't but it also not a boss skip. It one of the things you see where you thing : What the hell are you planning ? This is a major mechanic of this fractal and you doing strange things to gain 30 seconds and to skip it.

    As a player it isn't the problem how illicit this is Arena.NET usually don't punish this kind of behavior. Its more how like you want from me why I need to GG? Or it is like Shattered Observatory where always at least one don't can do the strange jump (including me) to the 3 platform because people don't do this kind of stuff in T1-T3 .

    On top of it is unfair to players who trying to the stuff in a legit way.

    Some people call dodging an exploit. You'd be better adapting to majority if you want to find groups easier, instead of creating conflicts on your own.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think he is talking about the uncategorized skip to the final boss. I doubt they'll fix that. Just not worth their time.

  • Lord of the Fire.6870Lord of the Fire.6870 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2, 2018

    @Kheldorn.5123 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    You can do a bug report via the "Support" category when hitting ESC or report specific players via "Botting". It was told that we should use this option if some players are doing unintended shenanigans.
    But, please be sure that you are reporting a real exploit. Things like jumping down the cliff in Volcanic to skip to the boss platform and then /gg is not an exploit. Just to inform yourself since there are several shortcuts like that.

    It isn't but it also not a boss skip. It one of the things you see where you thing : What the hell are you planning ? This is a major mechanic of this fractal and you doing strange things to gain 30 seconds and to skip it.

    As a player it isn't the problem how illicit this is Arena.NET usually don't punish this kind of behavior. Its more how like you want from me why I need to GG? Or it is like Shattered Observatory where always at least one don't can do the strange jump (including me) to the 3 platform because people don't do this kind of stuff in T1-T3 .

    On top of it is unfair to players who trying to the stuff in a legit way.

    Some people call dodging an exploit. You'd be better adapting to majority if you want to find groups easier, instead of creating conflicts on your own.

    Which conflict ? I only said what is true meaning this is how it happens the rest is how I feel about it.
    This thing will be fixed for sure and Arena.Net did a great job fixing some of the exploits in the last weeks.

    Whats most important for me is that the content doesn't feel broken which is when you can skip 70% of the content.
    I know some feel the content is boring and want to end it quickly as possible but at some point you have all kinds of problems and other publisher wouldn't react to this as nice as Arena does if you skip there a boss you are in for a (temporarily) ban and this isn't because I want to sounds mean that is so.

    So it is about gaming experience and social experience.

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Kheldorn.5123 said:

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    You can do a bug report via the "Support" category when hitting ESC or report specific players via "Botting". It was told that we should use this option if some players are doing unintended shenanigans.
    But, please be sure that you are reporting a real exploit. Things like jumping down the cliff in Volcanic to skip to the boss platform and then /gg is not an exploit. Just to inform yourself since there are several shortcuts like that.

    It isn't but it also not a boss skip. It one of the things you see where you thing : What the hell are you planning ? This is a major mechanic of this fractal and you doing strange things to gain 30 seconds and to skip it.

    As a player it isn't the problem how illicit this is Arena.NET usually don't punish this kind of behavior. Its more how like you want from me why I need to GG? Or it is like Shattered Observatory where always at least one don't can do the strange jump (including me) to the 3 platform because people don't do this kind of stuff in T1-T3 .

    On top of it is unfair to players who trying to the stuff in a legit way.

    Some people call dodging an exploit. You'd be better adapting to majority if you want to find groups easier, instead of creating conflicts on your own.

    I only said what is true how I feel

    FTFY

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    I think he is talking about the uncategorized skip to the final boss. I doubt they'll fix that. Just not worth their time.

    The skip before cat golem boss? I thought it's been there for years and my group only used it once even before HoT. If op's talking about this skip I call it an overreaction.

  • @Kheldorn.5123 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    I think he is talking about the uncategorized skip to the final boss. I doubt they'll fix that. Just not worth their time.

    The skip before cat golem boss? I thought it's been there for years and my group only used it once even before HoT. If op's talking about this skip I call it an overreaction.

    To me it sounds like he is talking about Aetherblade, even that wont get fixed^^

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kheldorn.5123 said:

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    I think he is talking about the uncategorized skip to the final boss. I doubt they'll fix that. Just not worth their time.

    The skip before cat golem boss? I thought it's been there for years and my group only used it once even before HoT. If op's talking about this skip I call it an overreaction.

    No, I meant after the golem. You can go back and jump up to a ramp with war, ranger, mes, engi, guard etc. and skip the last harpyie part. But in the end it's almost the same stuff.

  • Draco.9480Draco.9480 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2018

    @Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:
    I didn't read this whole thread, but I will say we are considering removing cooldown reset from GG, and instead moving it to mistlock singularities, as /gg after every encounter/trash fight to reset is not what we had in mind with that feature. This would involve doing a pass on all the mistlock singularities to make sure they aren't in boss fights, as well as adding a fail safe buff that prevents you from resetting cooldowns in combat.

    If you grabbed a mistlock singularity in combat you would probably get a buff, with which your cooldowns will be reset the next time you exit combat.

    won't read whole thread but will make a horrible decision. what kind of thinking is that?
    just remove mistlock. less power creep. not extra 5 agony and saving players from their mistakes over and over. no duplicating banners, fgs abuse, extra boons of alacrity and quickness at start.

  • Rasta.2371Rasta.2371 Member ✭✭

    I don't see why /gg is a problem, doesn't it provide good quality of life for not wasting time when you screw up your pull?

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2018

    @Rasta.2371 said:
    I don't see why /gg is a problem, doesn't it provide good quality of life for not wasting time when you screw up your pull?

    Too much quality of life can be an issue, especially when it impacts the flow of fractals like this.
    The mistlock singularity changes made fractals even worse to play in that regard. People still /gg all the time and now people get free banners and conjures

    First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @Rasta.2371 said:
    I don't see why /gg is a problem, doesn't it provide good quality of life for not wasting time when you screw up your pull?

    Too much quality of life can be an issue, especially when it impacts the flow of fractals like this.
    The mistlock singularity changes made fractals even worse to play in that regard. People still /gg all the time and now people get free banners and conjures

    Singularities are also badly placed and locked when in combat causing other issues. The more Ben changes in fractals the worse they become in the process. First instabilities, now singularities (and gg). What's next to be broken on the list? Rewards?

  • Rasta.2371Rasta.2371 Member ✭✭

    @Kheldorn.5123 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:

    @Rasta.2371 said:
    I don't see why /gg is a problem, doesn't it provide good quality of life for not wasting time when you screw up your pull?

    Too much quality of life can be an issue, especially when it impacts the flow of fractals like this.
    The mistlock singularity changes made fractals even worse to play in that regard. People still /gg all the time and now people get free banners and conjures

    Singularities are also badly placed and locked when in combat causing other issues. The more Ben changes in fractals the worse they become in the process. First instabilities, now singularities (and gg). What's next to be broken on the list? Rewards?

    If Dungeons had rewards approaching (but not on) par with fractal, along with QoL like /gg, skip cinematics etc.. people would do them.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.