Collecting orbs at the dhuum is worse now — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Collecting orbs at the dhuum is worse now

I used to be able to collect orbs 100% of the time. Now it's very unpredictable, sometimes the orbs just fly right through me.... Anyone else feels it's worse now after anet "fixed" the issue to make orb collecting easier? I have max 50 ping with no packet loss

Tagged:

Comments

• CptAurellian.9537CptAurellian.9537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Didn't feel any different from before the patch when I did orbs yesterday. Usually I'd get them, sometimes they (mostly the big ones, which is particularly annoying) would just fly through me as if nothing happened. Imho, the orb thing makes Dhuum the worst raid boss in GW2. Just don't design stuff that way when you know (as Ben admitted on Reddit) that the engine can't properly handle it.

Praise delta!

• Gambino.2109Gambino.2109 Member ✭✭✭

I hope they never recycle this mechanic to anything in future... it's definitely not a fan favorite

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

Collecting orbs is definitely my least favorite mechanic in all 5 raid wings.

First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.

• Orangensaft.7139Orangensaft.7139 Member ✭✭
    edited March 9, 2018

I also have the feeling it got worse a little bit .... (maybe just being paranoid here though xD)

But at least it didnt feel improved so if Anet wanted to improve it then they need to change something about it again

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

I heard it suggested that you should lay off the movement keys when you hit an orb in order to give the server time to synch.

• Hey now, they only said they made orbs more consistent, it's just that its consistently worse.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I haven't been doing green for ages...... quite nervous to go in and try tbh lol.. but I will try if I hv time this week :) feedback after

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Yeah what Ben said. Small orbs are fine for the most part, but the big ones are insane now. Used to be perfectly fine. Pls if you have backup, revert to the old behavior.

Our run yesterday at dhuum our green guys were fine.. mmmm..

Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:
    but better.

monkaS

• Maat.3940Maat.3940 Member ✭✭

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:
    I've got a fix queued that makes the big orbs same as before, but better. For now pretend the big orbs are small orbs since the hitbox is the same.

Same same but different :3

• thrag.9740thrag.9740 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

@Talindra.4958 said:
    I haven't been doing green for ages...... quite nervous to go in and try tbh lol.. but I will try if I hv time this week :) feedback after

Just a reminder for anyone else feeling similarly nervous about doing greens (I know your fine now Talindra). You can solo stealth your way to the first green circle event, so it is possible for players to practice this mechanic in their solo time:

Also for complete beginners, greens are pretty much the exact same no matter which reaper you go up at. I.e go left and get the big one, then get surrounding small ones.

Edit: left being left while facing the inner of the circle. Also called clockwise or negative using right hand rule with up as positive.

edited March 13, 2018

Ohhh.. cool thrag thanks for the video xD I been keeping eyes on the LFG yesterday for dhuum lol.. will try this. At least I don't ruin ppl run if I fail lol cheers m8.

Edit: ops can't try it this way already cleared dhuum for this week :/

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.