Recent PvP Match Manipulation

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, at first I read this post and was excited. Then I logged in for the last 20 minutes of the season and had 3 different players, who do not know each other, complain to me that a certain someone was clearly match manipulating and climbing the leaderboards quickly. This is a person who was once already banned for match manipulation and was allowed to come back on a new account.

Anet, you might want to look into your investigations further if you seriously missed this very obvious MM activity. I mean, kudos for doing -something- but if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing right.

I feel many instances of wintrading went unpunished but in case the 3 noteworthy ones were all 3 months, its a step to the right direction. I wouldn't say this is as good as it gets as we've seen action be taken in the past and then the same issues be ignored multiple seasons.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:After a careful investigation of matches and account data, we’ve confirmed that certain players were involved in PvP match manipulation during the current season. The players involved have been removed from the leaderboards and given Dishonor for a period of three months. We will continue to monitor the game for incidents of this sort, and will take action on other accounts as the situation warrants it.

I cant say how happy this makes me, its a start!! I hope the bans keep coming. Pvp is an infected wasteland of map manipulation. Thanks Anet! I hope to hear more