Medical Aid Recording Bugged [merged]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ramses.1357 said:One???I have wasted THREE of the Recording Devices.I do not understand why I can not deliver the completed events. then there would be no problem with wasted recording devices. meanwhile I have 15 events in my inventoryYes, this whole collection is poorly done. You waste hours for waiting for boring trivial events that are done in no time. Only organising Serpents Ire was fun. Too bad that event lacks any unique rewards.

You waste one recording device per 10 rezzes btw

@StAllerdyce.3941 said:I have the opposite problem. I can't get this at all, and I have revived far more than 10 with a recorder in my inventory.

I was finally able to get it - on the character who initially bought the recorder, whereas previously I was working with a shared slot. Can't be bothered to test it further, mostly since I don't want to waste recorders.

• ArenaNet Staff

For players unable to gain the item who have revived more than 10 people while the recorder is in your inventory:

We are investigating a fix for this. Currently the Medical Aid Recording is given to players who have an invisible buff applied to them when they purchase the Recording Device from the vendor. It only applies to the character that purchased the item currently. Until we have a fix, you can either:

(1) Use the character you purchased the item on to revive allies to get the item.(2) Purchase a Recording Device with the character you want to use for reviving players to get the Medical Aid Recording so that character has the buff the game is looking for.

Thank you for your patience everyone!

@"Dara Potocska.8196" said:For players unable to gain the item who have revived more than 10 people while the recorder is in your inventory:

We are investigating a fix for this. Currently the Medical Aid Recording is given to players who have an invisible buff applied to them when they purchase the Recording Device from the vendor. It only applies to the character that purchased the item currently. Until we have a fix, you can either:

(1) Use the character you purchased the item on to revive allies to get the item.(2) Purchase a Recording Device with the character you want to use for reviving players to get the Medical Aid Recording so that character has the buff the game is looking for.

Thank you for your patience everyone!

Thanks for the heads-up. In addition to the Medical Aid bug you guys might also want to look into an event that's also a requirement for this collection.The event is called "Rescue refugees forced into labor in the Zephyrite mine" at Glint’s Legacy in Crystal Oasis and is frequently bugged; often stopping at 0/6 or 5/6 with no way to continue until you are lucky to find a map with the event not bugging out. It seems the npc's have issues either spawning in properly causing the event to stall indefinitely or not registering when rescued.

EDIT: Finally found an unbugged event and started rescuing the refugees. Event completed but I received NO recording because the game decided to give me yet ANOTHER Medical Aid recording (up to 3 now!!!) somehow even though I DID NOT revive anyone at all (I even stopped reviving the lone downed refugee so another player could get credit)! THIS SUCKS as I now have to go buy even more recorders because the game keeps giving me these stupid medical recordings even when I'm not even reviving anyone. And now I have to find yet another 'Rescue Refugee' event that won't bug out on me just so I can finally get my inventory space back!!!

And all that for just another stupid ascended backpack while I still have tons of unused ascended backpacks in my bank already.

Seriously, please fix this issue as I tried to be polite but this is getting annoying now. Thank you.

It works, just go WvW with it, easy done. I even got it in fractals 2nd time accidentally with recording device... I am pretty sure it is downed players, not dead ones though, because no way I ressed 10 fully dead ones. While waiting for fishing event :disappointed:

i do a more thougho explonation on what i have done to try to get this and why i think its buggeed for me. i pulled in 3 friends on sunday night and i had them go in a fractal and had them gg i resed every one 10 times so i get nothing. then im like ok lets have guys jump off the the landings and ill res you 10 times and still nothing. we then went to decolation and gess what happended. STILL NOTHING!!!!!!!!! this is completly buged for me. now on friday i did the area by entrence to riverlands thare ware like 20 dead npcs i resed like 13 of them and still nothing. now i have 9 recording devices and cant get it no mater what the hell i am doing this realy needs fixed along with the fishing one so i can get the dum back so i can finish my preps for legendary gear. this should help you know were the issue is that i cant complet this stuff.