Ascended Back Stat Change?

Hi guys.

I'm just wondering why there isn't a way to change ascended stats on back pieces like there is on armor and weapons. Not just LWS pieces you buy with map currency but pieces like Light of Dwayna that you craft etc.... I looked online after stat changing some weapons but I haven't found a way to do this. Did I miss something? If so pls link. If I didn't ... A net can you implement a way to do this? Or will it stay like trinkets where the stats are the stats? Lol

Back items are considered to be the same as trinkets, rather than a piece of armor or a weapon. I assume that its designation as non-armor and non-weapon is why it can't be stat changed in the forge. Maybe one day we'll get a way to stat change them, but at least we have many, many options for ascended backpacks.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Back items are considered to be the same as trinkets, rather than a piece of armor or a weapon. I assume that its designation as non-armor and non-weapon is why it can't be stat changed in the forge. Maybe one day we'll get a way to stat change them, but at least we have many, many options for ascended backpacks.

We Do! :) I have couple that would be nice to change so I don't have to farm or craft for awhile (sometimes it seems that's all I do lol) but there are tons of them :) I do believe though that ascended stat changes should be across the board ... all items ... maybe one day!

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Back items are considered to be the same as trinkets,

They are sort of a hybrid:

• Like rings, they can be infused.
  • Like armor, they can break.
  • Like trinkets, they cannot be transformed into another item with different stats. (Although there are two exceptions.)
  • Like trinkets, they are incredibly easy to acquire, especially from LS3 maps.

@Purgatori.3645 said:Hi guys.

I'm just wondering why there isn't a way to change ascended stats on back pieces like there is on armor and weapons. Not just LWS pieces you buy with map currency but pieces like Light of Dwayna that you craft etc.... I looked online after stat changing some weapons but I haven't found a way to do this. Did I miss something? If so pls link. If I didn't ... A net can you implement a way to do this? Or will it stay like trinkets where the stats are the stats? Lol

Easy answer is, Ascended armor uses a single model, and ascended weapons use a couple of standard models. So when you drop it in the forge the game doesn't care about what weapon you put in, only the model that needs to put out.With back pieces that doesn't happen. I mean you could drop in your light of dwayna and get back a Fractal Capacitor in return. Also because not all stats are available to all backs, it's complicated to make it work.For this to happen they'd probably have to add a new acquirable back item (probably through a craft process so that it has variable stats) and have all inputed backs on the Mystforge ouput that one.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Back items are considered to be the same as trinkets,

They are sort of a hybrid:
  • Like rings, they can be infused.
  • Like armor, they can break.
  • Like trinkets, they cannot be transformed into another item with different stats. (Although there are two exceptions.)
  • Like trinkets, they are incredibly easy to acquire, especially from LS3 maps.

Ty for thus comment, makes total sense now. I think the bloodstone one can stat Change? Whats the other one?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Easy answer is, Ascended armor uses a single model, and ascended weapons use a couple of standard models. So when you drop it in the forge the game doesn't care about what weapon you put in, only the model that needs to put out.With back pieces that doesn't happen. I mean you could drop in your light of dwayna and get back a Fractal Capacitor in return. Also because not all stats are available to all backs, it's complicated to make it work.For this to happen they'd probably have to add a new acquirable back item (probably through a craft process so that it has variable stats) and have all inputed backs on the Mystforge ouput that one.

Makes sense. It would be cool if A net would consider this.

@Purgatori.3645 said:

To be fair, given how easy it is to get ascended, stat selectable backs from Bitterfrost Frontier, Ember bay and Bloodstone Fen. It would be too much work for little gain. Just salvage the old back, grab a new one from those maps, and transmute it to pretty.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

To be fair, given how easy it is to get ascended, stat selectable backs from Bitterfrost Frontier, Ember bay and Bloodstone Fen. It would be too much work for little gain. Just salvage the old back, grab a new one from those maps, and transmute it to pretty.

Yeah ... Winterberries for days!!! Lol

@Purgatori.3645 said:

Yeah ... Winterberries for days!!! Lol

That and a undbound gathering tools, and its easy to get stuff.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:To be fair, given how easy it is to get ascended, stat selectable backs from Bitterfrost Frontier, Ember bay and Bloodstone Fen. It would be too much work for little gain. Just salvage the old back, grab a new one from those maps, and transmute it to pretty.Don't forget about the 250 Globs of Ectoplasm you pay for infusion. The ability to reset stats on those would be nice to have. That's the reason I have so many Blood Ruby Backpacks.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:To be fair, given how easy it is to get ascended, stat selectable backs from Bitterfrost Frontier, Ember bay and Bloodstone Fen. It would be too much work for little gain. Just salvage the old back, grab a new one from those maps, and transmute it to pretty.Don't forget about the 250 Globs of Ectoplasm you pay for infusion. The ability to reset stats on those would be nice to have. That's the reason I have so many Blood Ruby Backpacks.

True, those would definetly not come back. I stopped infusing my backs. It's cheaper to just use +9's and get the AR than Infuse it. Sure you lose a bit of stats from the potions, but honestly, if we go there, then everyone would be using like +30 AR infusion in all slots...

• 2 years later...

Yes Anet,Ascended backpacks really expensive to craft (nearly 100 gold a piece), really hard to make as well. 200 S4 currency and 5000 unbound magic.Could appreciate a simple recipe to reselect stats, so we fret and stress less. And that nothing goes into waste.Backpack should be treated like any equipment, and we want to game without worrying

@medivh.4725 said:Yes Anet,Ascended backpacks really expensive to craft (nearly 100 gold a piece), really hard to make as well. 200 S4 currency and 5000 unbound magic.

Which one costs 100 gold? Almost all of the season 3 and 4 ones are just their currency.

Could appreciate a simple recipe to reselect stats, so we fret and stress less. And that nothing goes into waste.

The bloodstone ones cost a capacitor to change and reselect. Reckon it to what you want looks wise I guess.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@medivh.4725 said:Yes Anet,Ascended backpacks really expensive to craft (nearly 100 gold a piece), really hard to make as well. 200 S4 currency and 5000 unbound magic.

Which one costs 100 gold? Almost all of the season 3 and 4 ones are just their currency.

Could appreciate a simple recipe to reselect stats, so we fret and stress less. And that nothing goes into waste.

The bloodstone ones cost a capacitor to change and reselect. Reckon it to what you want looks wise I guess.

I think they are meaning the crafting ones like the burough of mulandru, wings of lyssa and shadow of grenth.

@ElijahFitzroy.5762 said:

I think they are meaning the crafting ones like the burough of mulandru, wings of lyssa and shadow of grenth.

Yeah, but I mean, if you want to stat change, it’s cheaper in the long run to do Warbringer....

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yeah, but I mean, if you want to stay change, it’s cheaper in the long run to do Warbringer....

True but that’s only if you are on a server that does WvW on your time frame. If you are on a lower tiered server it takes a whole lot longer unfortunately.

Yeah, but I mean, if you want to stay change, it’s cheaper in the long run to do Warbringer....

True but that’s only if you are on a server that does WvW on your time frame. If you are on a lower tiered server it takes a whole lot longer unfortunately.

It really doesn’t.., flipping camps, sentries, killing yaks, and taking shrines is a very easy way to keep participation up while not needing people to help.

Towers are doable, yet hard. I’ve seen solo’s cap keeps but yeah, you can’t plan for it.

To me, Warbringer is easier in many ways than Warclaw.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

It really doesn’t.., flipping camps, sentries, killing yaks, and taking shrines is a very easy way to keep participation up while not needing people to help.

Towers are doable, yet hard. I’ve seen solo’s cap keeps but yeah, you can’t plan for it.

You can certainly do it in the long run. I myself am on a low tier server and do my WvW dailies but have yet to get the warbringer while I can get the blood stone backpack a lot quicker and with doing daily ascended crafting (it is expensive) you can certainly manage it.

I’ll have to take your word for it for making the warbringer though because that is one back pack that I have yet to make.

@ElijahFitzroy.5762 said:You can certainly do it in the long run. I myself am on a low tier server and do my WvW dailies but have yet to get the warbringer while I can get the blood stone backpack a lot quicker and with doing daily ascended crafting (it is expensive) you can certainly manage it.

I’ll have to take your word for it for making the warbringer though because that is one back pack that I have yet to make.

Yeah, most legendaries are so expensive to make, I'd rather just own multiple ascendeds with various stats...Warbringer might be the one exception that I'll go for, since WvW is my main source of entertainment along with open world stories and farming to gear up my toons.

You can certainly do it in the long run. I myself am on a low tier server and do my WvW dailies but have yet to get the warbringer while I can get the blood stone backpack a lot quicker and with doing daily ascended crafting (it is expensive) you can certainly manage it.

Absolutely agree on the bloodstone ones. That makes the most sense with the bloodstone reset process.

But other than the materials (all can be gotten via PvE) it’s fairly easy. I think it requires a GoB which can also be completed as a reward track while doing the skirmIsh reward tracks for pips and tickets.