Mount Maelstrom mastery point bug [merged] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mount Maelstrom mastery point bug [merged]

Comments

• That feeling :/ you go there each day to check if they fixed it and see that point still floating in the air.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018

Oooh that warm fuzzy feeling that an update is coming and new things to run around farming, that new currency to stash and wait .. errm there's that irritable bowl sensation again.. bugs incoming, lots of bugs in the system :(
    Welcome to the patch and band aid show :)

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Ororo D Munroe.8937Ororo D Munroe.8937 Member
    edited March 12, 2018

I also have the same problem. The Volcanic Electrum Mastery is impossible to get because the mastery is floating to a part where you cannot get it. My ticket number has been created three days ago but no response yet. Ticket number is: 6830203. If possible I would like to have the Volcanic Electrum mailed to me instead since it is the only one that is left to finish my Aurora. https://imgur.com/a/5c8LF

• BalthazarFPS.3471BalthazarFPS.3471 Member ✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018

they cant send you that item cause you dont get item into the inventory when you do the collection ... 4day ago when they responded to my ticket a GM tried to help me with sending the item but at the end he realized that it cant be send in game .. only if i interact with the mastery what is impossible now ... soo we can only wait ... you can write tickets about it, maybe more ticket means faster patch ... but dont wait the item cause that's not gonna happening :/

• I got excited when I saw the new build just now, but unfortunately, this issue still remains. Quick recap of what the bug is:

In Mount Maelstrom, there is a Mastery Point located South-West of Maelstrom's Waypoint. In order to get it, you have to commune with it.
    The name of the Mastery Point is: Mount Maelstrom Insight: Volcanic Rim.
    Due to the fact that either the Mastery Point somehow moved upwards into the sky, or the terrain around it somehow changed, this Mastery Point is no longer accessible, and therefore, no longer possible to commune with and earn. As far as everyone I have talked to knows, there is no way to do a map event or wait for the geography of the volcanic rim to magically change and allow access to the Mastery Point.

I am not a coder, but the ways to fix this issue that I can think of are:
    Move the mastery point back down to a point where it is accessible. (Recommended)
    Build a path to the mastery point where it is now by increasing the height of the volcanic rim surrounding it. (Not recommended)
    Give everyone with an active account the Mastery Point if they do not have it already. (Probably not going to happen)

I know ANet is aware of this problem by now and actively working towards a solution, but I just wanted to get my opinion out there and will return to waiting patiently for a fix, checking back daily and hoping for the best. This game seems to be well-updated, continuing to improve things and add new features. I just hope that fixing this Mastery Point is considered to be a high priority. Seemingly little bugs can get pushed off in favor of more pressing content, which can over time negatively impact consumer perception of the game.

Sorry if I went on too long, but I just got back into this game recently and am loving it and hoping that it remains successful well into the future,
    All the best.

One day, I will finish Eternity!

• Yep, checked after the latest patch today. Still floating out away from the mountain. (see screenshot)

gw287.jpg

This is probably a simple fix, but likely has a very low priority, given the "bugs in the system" the new content apparently has. Hopefully will get fixed in a few days to a few weeks.

• Theros.1390Theros.1390 Member ✭✭✭

Indeed, that's kinda frustrating.

Hope to see it fixed soon ^^

• @ArchaeanDragon.7314 said:
    Yep, checked after the latest patch today. Still floating out away from the mountain. (see screenshot)

gw287.jpg

This is probably a simple fix, but likely has a very low priority, given the "bugs in the system" the new content apparently has. Hopefully will get fixed in a few days to a few weeks.

It's an item that blocks achievement progress, so yeah, probably low priority but kitten, they should have a means of bumping it up once they get X number of complaints about it. (It's probably just a typo in the coordinates of placement, which shouldn't be THAT hard to correct).

• this the new kind of time gate tehnologyu

• @LucysColdheart.7546 said:
    this the new kind of time gate tehnologyu

As if aurora collections wasn't time gated enough.

@vyncius.6105 said:

@LucysColdheart.7546 said:
    this the new kind of time gate tehnologyu

As if aurora collections wasn't time gated enough.

At least now we can say that it's just a matter of time.

I still have hope for a good suprise in a few hours <3

• @Leave Eye.5126 said:
    this is sad. the legendary trinket aurora can not be crafted due to this bug. in the devs known bugs list, this is not stated. it may be weeks or months before they come across this. i am in the same boat i have everything ready to make it all i need is the one mastery and i can craft it. till then all that work for nothing.

i have a feeling this statement is still true. No response and still no update on the issues list. I am happy a lot of people here are getting involved, hopefully soon someone will notice.

• Hey friends,
    We have a fix in the works for this issue. However, this fix won't be rolled out until our next release. Thank you for your patience and hang tight!

QA Embed
    Punmaster
    Lord Faren Fanclub Member

• @Dara Potocska.8196 said:
    Hey friends,
    We have a fix in the works for this issue. However, this fix won't be rolled out until our next release. Thank you for your patience and hang tight!

N-n-n-next release?! Which means next LS story, next balance patch, or next week? Plz give us at least a bit of info O.O

• Im realy hoping that as "next release" you don't mean next LS .. becasue that's 2-3month ... and that's gonna be realy dissapointing because this is a UNIQUE end game content ... what for we all farmed and played roughly 1 month and you just say now we need only 1 thing and need to wait 2-3 more month ??

Hey friends,

what?
    next ls4?
    next bugfix patch?

@Dara Potocska.8196 said:
    Hey friends,

How many boxes of chocolate do you want to release the update tonight ? o/

• To clarify - its our next content release (when we say stuff like "Next release" it generally means the next time we have release of content that adds things to the game and isn't just bug fixes or unplanned hotfixes). I cannot give an exact date at this time. However I can tell you that you will NOT have to wait months for it. I'm sorry I cannot offer more information at this time. =(

QA Embed
    Punmaster
    Lord Faren Fanclub Member

To clarify - its our next content release (when we say stuff like "Next release" it generally means the next time we have release of content that adds things to the game and isn't just bug fixes or unplanned hotfixes). I cannot give an exact date at this time. However I can tell you that you will NOT have to wait months for it. I'm sorry I cannot offer more information at this time. =(

maybe not Months, but atleast a month............................

• In other words, comes with SAB

Norn main
    Loves Ice Maps

MakeNornGreatAgain

• How the hell did ANet break this anyway?? :o

• A bug fix comes with a release of content that adds things to the game and isn't just bug fixes or unplanned hotfixes. Makes total sense.

• I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

But could we try to be a little understanding of how they're trying to fix the problem? GW2 is a big game and the maps aren't small, plus there are bigger bugs that they're trying to fix right now. A bit of patience won't kill anyone.

I have infinite patience, but I still have a threshold for idiocy.

• Still bugged.

• PUHFE.7285PUHFE.7285 Member ✭✭

bugged still. really annoyin

• PUHFE.7285PUHFE.7285 Member ✭✭

STILL BUGGED AFTER UPDATE

• psyt.9415psyt.9415 Member ✭✭

Help Help Help

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ShadowDove.8329 said:
    I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

But could we try to be a little understanding of how they're trying to fix the problem? GW2 is a big game and the maps aren't small, plus there are bigger bugs that they're trying to fix right now. A bit of patience won't kill anyone.

Bigger bugs? For exemple?
    I think this one should be pretty high in the bug-fix priority.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• BalthazarFPS.3471BalthazarFPS.3471 Member ✭✭
    edited March 14, 2018

@ShadowDove.8329 said:
    I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

i get your point ... it's a big game whit many things it's okey having bug's .... We understand that there can be bugs like this ... BUT for aurora you need to play 3-4h /day for atleast 18 day (it's only if you know everything what you need to do every day, for causual players way more time) ... and when you finish it, you cant. And you wait 1 week, and still nothing. Soo if you are farming, and collecting stuff for a month (or more ) you would be sad aswell.

• @BalthazarFPS.3471 said:

@ShadowDove.8329 said:

i get your point ... it's a big game whit many things it's okey having bug's .... We understand that there can be bugs like this ... BUT for aurora you need to play 3-4h /day for atleast 18 day (it's only if you know everything what you need to do every day, for causual players way more time) ... and when you finish it, you cant. And you wait 1 week, and still nothing. Soo if you are farming, and collecting stuff for a month (or more ) you would be sad aswell.

I see your point. Sorry for being so hasty to say such a thing then.
    I think that waiting is the only thing that people can do now, though. It's been flagged as something that will be fixed in the next update, and there's a limit to how much we can press devs to get things get fixed more quickly.

• @ShadowDove.8329 said:

If the developers would explain why this fix is difficult or give any other reason why it can't be fixed immediately I would not post a sarcastic comment like I did. That "we can't talk it" mystery behaviour is what causes the upset. This is not new content, so why does it have to wait until a content release?

• @ulchanar.4309 said:

@ShadowDove.8329 said:

If the developers would explain why this fix is difficult or give any other reason why it can't be fixed immediately I would not post a sarcastic comment like I did. That "we can't talk it" mystery behaviour is what causes the upset. This is not new content, so why does it have to wait until a content release?

I see, I see. That makes a lot of sense.
    Maybe they're planning to add some other stuff to it e.g. more legendary things? and decided to do it all at once and put it with new content. But it's all speculation on my side, and I don't think devs are really allowed to give us in depth reasons on why they do what they do, especially if it ends up making them look bad.

• Mastery point geometry at top of Mount Maelstrom is bugged out and is floating in midair. Unreachable by any mount because it's too far from the ground. This has been broken for literal months, and it would be cool if you could fix it sometime soon. ^____^

• czerwoni.9563czerwoni.9563 Member ✭✭✭

is it this one?

you say mesmer i say shadow sorcerer

• Yes.
    /10 char

• Fizz.7691Fizz.7691 Member
    edited March 15, 2018

@alez.2137 said:
    I just been able to get the Xunlai Ingot from that MP. You have to use the new teleport item, place a teleport near the mp and then do this combination of keys: 2-F-SPACE-Left click over infuse dialog. You have to do very fast and aim correct to the dialog. But its doable.

Prototype Position rewinder works. Thank you so much.

• This is quite frustrating. I finally finished Aurora: Awakening and was so excited to see I had the 21 lumps of mithrillium already in storage... thought I could get all the way through Empowering today only to find this Mastery Point is completely unreachable. Very disappointing, especially if it has been broken for months!

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not been broken for months. The Devs have addressed this issue in a couple of places on these forums.

• @alez.2137 said:
    I just been able to get the Xunlai Ingot from that MP. You have to use the new teleport item, place a teleport near the mp and then do this combination of keys: 2-F-SPACE-Left click over infuse dialog. You have to do very fast and aim correct to the dialog. But its doable.

Thank you so much. Just got it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.