Capes and cloaks

Can we please have them? I know this has been discussed in the past and from what I remember the clipping was a sticking point. I get it...but honestly the difference would be huge. So much of the endgame is about appearance, and this would go such a long way. Also, can they tone down the amount of "sexy" armor? It seems like all of the gemstore armors have been more spring break, and less battle protection. The balth skin is amazing though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I honestly don't see the appeal of cloaks and capes for the game. They would look shoddy and bad with most of the armor sets which were not designed with capes and cloaks in mind. If you want it for Guild Recognition, I would rather they add the Guild Symbol on the actual clothing instead. Just not as bad as the Guild Uniform one.

@"Deluvian.1068" said:Can we please have them? I know this has been discussed in the past and from what I remember the clipping was a sticking point. I get it...but honestly the difference would be huge. So much of the endgame is about appearance, and this would go such a long way. Also, can they tone down the amount of "sexy" armor? It seems like all of the gemstore armors have been more spring break, and less battle protection. The balth skin is amazing though.

While I wouldn't mind seeing cloaks, we have to acknowledge the gem store is meant to make ArenaNet money and sexiness sells more than non-sexiness. That's really never going to change. Boring battle protection will be meant for non-gem store obtainable gear.

I don't mind the selection in the game, GW2 is a good example of an MMO where players have the option of covering or exposing their characters as they choose unlike many MMOs where there is little or no choice with high-tier armor. Personally I think there should be more choices for either more or less covering options for both genders. I've seen suggestions for a way to have bare-chested Conan the Barbarian/'300" Spartans-style Norn males for example.

That poor horse....

I wouldn't mind ANet bringing capes to the wardrobe as more options are always better. Stil, I would never equip a cape. I think capes are rediculous and cover too much of my char. Why would I play fashionwars, chosing skins and colors that I like only to cover them with a single and probably undyeable piece of cloth? I just don't get the logic of the "cape ppl". Aslo clipping, also why not spend resources on something else, also nostalgia justifies nothing. Yaddayaddayadda, we'll see this thread again in a week. See you there.

• 1 year later...