Story planning — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Story planning

Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 15, 2018 in Mar 2018: LWS4 Episode 2

I loved the new map and story a lot. Was this episode roughly planned out in advance during flashpoint, given the links between the story, zinn/joko and in general the inquest? ie did you have the idea for a massive inquest lab back during s3 and how it linked in with Joko?

I was curious how far ahead you planned overviews and details in general. There has clearly been a big step up in quality storytelling and consistency within the world with s4 and part of that feels like a lot of improved forward planning with the detail, compared to the early days of the game.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

Tagged:

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I find there is nothing really to blame. It was a first class episode and I really enjoyed the whole thing apart from the Golem Boss fight.
    Top work by everyone all round - I think the way it is working now is def paying off

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.