Why do you have to login to be able to read this forum? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why do you have to login to be able to read this forum?

Is there a reason you're required to login or is it unintended?

Tagged:

Comments

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering about that myself. I tend to peruse on my tablet when not at my computer, but am uneasy typing my password in on a less secure device. So I am read-only part of the time, yet keenly interested in how this sub-forum progresses today and tomorrow.

• To be clear, are you referring to the entire forums, or to this particular subforum? I want to look into this.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    To be clear, are you referring to the entire forums, or to this particular subforum? I want to look into this.

This special subforum requires you to be logged into your account in order to view it. It's invisible if you're not logged in.

• @Endelon.1042 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    To be clear, are you referring to the entire forums, or to this particular subforum? I want to look into this.

This special subforum requires you to be logged into your account in order to view it. It's invisible if you're not logged in.

Thanks for that info. I made some tweaks -- could you please let me know if you can see it now?

Gaile Gray

• Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Endelon.1042 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Thanks for that info. I made some tweaks -- could you please let me know if you can see it now?

You can read this forum now if you're following a link (from the gw2 subreddit or from the special notice at the top of the forums, for example) but the category 'Forum Chats' underneath Professions is still hidden if you're not logged in. I suspect most people stay logged in all the time which is why no one really said anything until now :P

edit: Nevermind, the category shows up now. I guess it just needed another browser refresh. It's all visible without being logged in.

• Ok, I tweaked again. It's appearing to me -- both the category (AFC) and the child forum (this chat) clearly. I hope that will address it but I'll continue to check. Thanks for your help, Endelon!

Gaile Gray

• FYI I also don't see these topics listed in Discussions (although perhaps that's intended; if so, I'm okay with it).

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    FYI I also don't see these topics listed in Discussions (although perhaps that's intended; if so, I'm okay with it).

I think this is corrected, as well. We don't often spin up new categories and child forums, and it's interesting how it takes place. Lesson learned, should be a piece of cake for next month. Thanks for everyone's input and patience with these little quirks. :D

Gaile Gray

• Gaile Gray you are amazing !
    just wanted to say it :blush: