[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Would be in support of one/maximum two slots for usable items similar to the treasure hunting map function in Elona with sonic and visual locator ping ( I cannot find the exact name of this currently). Alternatively similar to special action key in fractals/raids.

Anything more than two is excessive - even with the smallest size icons it will begin to look crowded on screen. Locating consumables should not be an issue if your inventory has at least some order to it and its really not that much effort to press one key to open it.

Having played other MMOs a while ago, where the interface slowly became more and more loaded with 60+ slots for skills, utilities, health and mana bars, secondary and tertiary mechanic bars(like thief initiative and malice), mounts, emotes etc. - I rather enjoy the lack of clutter obstructing the character and environment visuals, especially how the chatlog can be made transparent and less intruding .

Edit: perhaps it would be suitable for Anet to give one slot free and have more available for purchase in gem store as with shared inventory slots.

tldr: yes for this idea - collapsible option is a must.

• 1 month later...

I made a new character a few months back and used a Birthday Celebration level boost I had to make me immediately level 60. Been doing the story with this character over the last few days and finally hit level 80 around the level 60 story part, and this pop-up honestly turns me off from playing the game. It covers the whole chat window and is just pointless. It happens after every single combat too! I don't want to miss out on tonnes of story just because of this pop-up but it is making the game less fun by the minute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@HardRider.2980 said:Can we have a tool that auto completes a map as wellOr auto completes a dungeon.

When you compare it to such things.. it's very mad to ask personally and something Anet would not do.

Lol I actually dislike map completion. But imagine... ..if we can permanently employ a home instance care taker and this NPC harvest and maintain and look after the home nodes and when we interact with him he will say oh welcome back my master.. the weather today is beautiful.. glad to see you back..and here's the harvest for today :p (hand over loot)Kovu, just you and me to show interest to buy this instance won't work.. need more ppl to show interest.... And I will gift it for friends too if allow. ^.^

Convenience only goes so far. At some point it becomes detrimental to the game. I've seen people ask for practically anything you can think of to make things easier for them, or to save time, some of it positively ludicrous. I would not buy such an item because I do not want to encourage a practice that, in my opinion, can give people more options to play the game less.

When I offer a free complete home instance for plundering in map or guild chat today I often get no response. Or a whisper like "sry, farming this or that gets more money in the same time". Maybe two years ago, I had to port in several times.

With a growing number of home instance nodes the required time for a complete harvest grew. With falling crafting material prices (not complaining about them) the return dropped.

Considering the hefty investment + time-gating I feel a home instance gathering turn should still be attractive and beat Silverwaste or Cursed Shore grind, which can be done in length, in terms of return per time.

An NPC at the entrance handing over the harvest could do that. It should work for guest, though, MMOs are not least about the social aspect.

I'd buy such an NPC.

@Linken.6345 said:Why stop there why not have your servant mail the materials to so you dont have to go into home instance at all

yeah please sell us a home instance maid or butler that will actually go around to collect the mats for you and then send it to you via mail.Followed swiftly by maid and butler fashion and activities/events on the gem store.This will be precursor to player housing in expansion 3 where your maid and butler will cleanse your house for you and feed your pets.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Convenience only goes so far. At some point it becomes detrimental to the game. I've seen people ask for practically anything you can think of to make things easier for them, or to save time, some of it positively ludicrous. I would not buy such an item because I do not want to encourage a practice that, in my opinion, can give people more options to play the game less.

Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be such a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

yeah but then your said auto maid/butler would ask for a pay raise since u havent paid them in eons in in-game reality time or they would go on strike with picket signs right outside all the home instances with all the other auto maids n butlers n gardeners n home chiefs n your mount care takers :) n then they would say the uniform they must wear is too sexist n shows too much skin or not of n they will sue u to the auto maid-butler workers union n then when u come back into your home instance everything would be a mess: Hunters Hearth would be full of drunken norns sleeping here n there n their vomits everywhere n broken furniture all over the place; charr machinery would be thrown this way n that in your Hero's Canton n charr fur all over the place n not a vacuum cleaner in sight; overgrown plants everywhere in your Dreamer's Terrace with seed pods spilling out of every cabinet n strange sylvari u have never seen before hammicking everywhere; nutty inquest techs testing crazy contraptions in your Applied Development Lab n u step on unknown ghostly goops everywhere n they want to scan n probe u because u r a bookah; loud unknown humans trying to sell u stuffs that u dont need in your Salma District n squatters wants u to spare them coins n Caudecus said u still owe him this months' rent even though your maid/butler had sent the rent last week. :)

If only if it doesn't take too much to program it that is... i do not think it will ruin the game health and the game community if they do make a node collection point in home instance for ppl to purchase..squallaus.8321, we not asking for the extra maid and butttler services pls just 1 -.-

Go to the Grove home instance, much more compact than the other instances, making it quicker.... when you know your way around at least.I can sorta see why someone wants this kind of item if you use Divinity Reach, Hoelbrak or Black Citadel home instances, but only because those got the nodes way more spread out all over the place than the Grove does. Still though... not really in favor of it.