Rox's new voice, and old appearances. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Rox's new voice, and old appearances.

Toolbox.9375Toolbox.9375 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 15, 2018 in Mar 2018: LWS4 Episode 2

So, Rox's new voice is... VASTLY different. I haven't had a chance to check, but have her voice lines in older appearances been replaced? If not, are there plans to do so? Because hearing her in the new missions was immensely jarring, and it just doesn't seem wise to give every new player that same kind of whiplash from now to eternity.

Comments

• She still has her old voice from L4S4 episode 1 and before. I don't think they'll re-record all her previous stuff either as that's budget they have to factor in that takes away budget from future content.

It's unfortunate it happened during episode 2 rather than episode 1 as that would have been a 'fresh' way to introduce her new voice, but it is what it is. It is jarring at the moment but I expect we'll get used to it.

• Toolbox.9375Toolbox.9375 Member ✭✭✭

Oh, I don't doubt that we'll get used to it, but without changing her old voice, it will remain a jarring transition for every new player to come. It just seems... Unprofessional. :(

• @Toolbox.9375 said:
    Oh, I don't doubt that we'll get used to it, but without changing her old voice, it will remain a jarring transition for every new player to come. It just seems... Unprofessional. :(

The male PC voice actor changed. As I recall, they updated the idle chatter & combat dialogue, but not the original personal story. It's a huge undertaking to find all the original dialogue and re-record it; I'm not sure that's the best use of ANet's time & resources.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• I mean, I did question out loud if Rox's voice actor had changed, but I think saying the new voice was immensely jarring or whiplash-inducing is going so far out on a limb as to be ridiculous.

• aandiarie.7195aandiarie.7195 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe she is starting to grow up some :)

• CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭

@aandiarie.7195 said:
    Maybe she is starting to grow up some :)

That's what I interperted it as. She matured. All that time in the bitter cold and all that strong norn ale really brings out your adult voice. ;)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.