[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I'm too lazy to even visit my home instance everyday. I did it 3 three times in total, just to listen to some BGM from M.O.X. (the dwarves is awesome)I don't even remember what node I have inside. I have nothing against a butler that collects your stuff and keep it there for days, until you come back home. But a "tool" that automatically harvests everything... idk, it's quite hard to explain. Some asuran device maybe?

@Talindra.4958 said:I know it's probably quite mad to ask for this.... We all know time is essence .. is it too much to ask for a tool in home instance upon interact it auto mine every home instance nodes into inventory xD anet can sell this tool in tp :p

Can I have a gemstore item that instakills my targets in WvW too?Ganking people for wxp is tedious.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Convenience only goes so far. At some point it becomes detrimental to the game. I've seen people ask for practically anything you can think of to make things easier for them, or to save time, some of it positively ludicrous. I would not buy such an item because I do not want to encourage a practice that, in my opinion, can give people more options to play the game less.

Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be
such
a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

Kudos on completely missing the point. People have been asking for all kinds of things to make things easier for them, but that only goes so far. This game should not become a gemstore convenience item game that enables people to circumvent parts of the game they find tedious or boring. I'm already opposed to the lazy WP unlock item that's available in the gemstore. That thing should not start a trend. In fact, I hope they remove it at some point, like they've removed other gemstore stuff throughout the years (though I realize it's highly unlikely ANet will scrap it altogether).And you know there is also another option, right? Not doing the tedious thing. If it's so bad, why do it in the first place? And second of all, gathering is gameplay. Crafting is gameplay. This game is more than just fighting mobs and bosses. But if that's all you like to do, stick to that and buy your stuff from the TP. If it's not of importance, as you say, I don't know why people would bother with it anyway. It's not as if you're missing out on much by not farming your home instance. People who feel forced to do things in game are completely missing the point of playing games. It's pastime, fun, relaxation, etc. If you feel you need to do something you don't like, you're doing it wrong.

I dunno . . . having an NPC miner, farmer, and/or lumber to tend your home instance materials isn't a stretch. I'm not really seeing the harm in this request. Seems quite reasonable, actually. Only downside would be losing extra materials gained from items like Sprocket mining tool. But if the NPC uses the tools your character has equipped, I'm definitely sold.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Convenience only goes so far. At some point it becomes detrimental to the game. I've seen people ask for practically anything you can think of to make things easier for them, or to save time, some of it positively ludicrous. I would not buy such an item because I do not want to encourage a practice that, in my opinion, can give people more options to play the game less.

Yeah, not having to spend 5+ minutes in solitude in a non-gameplay instance doing nothing of importance would be
such
a detriment to an MMO. I don't think the game can survive people not running the same circuit of nodes time and time again, all by themselves without anyone even aware they're doing it.

Kudos on completely missing the point. People have been asking for all kinds of things to make things easier for them, but that only goes so far. This game should not become a gemstore convenience item game that enables people to circumvent parts of the game they find tedious or boring. I'm already opposed to the lazy WP unlock item that's available in the gemstore. That thing should not start a trend. In fact, I hope they remove it at some point, like they've removed other gemstore stuff throughout the years (though I realize it's highly unlikely ANet will scrap it altogether).And you know there is also another option, right? Not doing the tedious thing. If it's so bad, why do it in the first place? And second of all, gathering is gameplay. Crafting is gameplay. This game is more than just fighting mobs and bosses. But if that's all you like to do, stick to that and buy your stuff from the TP. If it's not of importance, as you say, I don't know why people would bother with it anyway. It's not as if you're missing out on much by not farming your home instance. People who feel forced to do things in game are completely missing the point of playing games. It's pastime, fun, relaxation, etc. If you feel you need to do something you don't like, you're doing it wrong.

No, you're missing the point. This thread is about something specific. You're just ranting about generalities that have no bearing on this specific suggestion. Your response misses the point of the topic by astronomic measurements.

Because the OP isn't asking for something so beyond-the-pale? He/She is asking for something more akin to an infinite tool which does the work at once. Kind of like salvage all tools and consume all actions.

Again, a reasonable request that has echoes of it already in game. Please stop trying to equate it with something outrageous and not asked for.

Thank you.

No thanks. And while you're at it why don't req for world completion to > @Talindra.4958 said:

I know it's probably quite mad to ask for this.... We all know time is essence .. is it too much to ask for a tool in home instance upon interact it auto mine every home instance nodes into inventory xD anet can sell this tool in tp :p

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Because the OP isn't asking for something so beyond-the-pale? He/She is asking for something more akin to an infinite tool which does the work at once. Kind of like salvage all tools and consume all actions.

Again, a reasonable request that has echoes of it already in game. Please stop trying to equate it with something outrageous and not asked for.

Thank you.

It absolutely is beyond-the-pale. The OP is asking for something that automates game play. There is currently nothing I can think of that automates game play. It is in no way at all like infinite gathering tools. Infinite tools work the same way as non-infinite gathering tools, except that they never run out. You still have to do the work to gather with them same as with non-infinite.

If you want to gather your home instance nodes than you have to actually go to your home instance and do the gathering. If it's not worth the effort then don't do it.

@Bollocks.4078 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Because the OP isn't asking for something so beyond-the-pale? He/She is asking for something more akin to an infinite tool which does the work at once. Kind of like salvage all tools and consume all actions.

Thank you.

It absolutely is beyond-the-pale. The OP is asking for something that automates game play. There is currently nothing I can think of that automates game play. It is in no way at all like infinite gathering tools. Infinite tools work the same way as non-infinite gathering tools, except that they never run out. You still have to do the work to gather with them same as with non-infinite.

If you want to gather your home instance nodes than you have to actually go to your home instance and do the gathering. If it's not worth the effort then don't do it.

The thing about the home instance is, the more I add to it, the less interested I become in harvesting it, which can't be the intended effect.

Also, I don't see why anyone could object to this little bit of automation. No one and I mean no one, not a person in the game, not a person in the world except from someone in my house looking over my shoulder, would actually be aware that I'm making a cup of coffee instead of running around that instance for the umpteenth time. It affects no one except me. All these objections are based on arbitrary principles. Certainly not on any rational consideration. This has no impact on anyone's else's appreciation for the game. None. The level 80 booster, which in effect is also a bit of automation to save time, has infinitely more impact.

@Bollocks.4078 said:

I presume you salvage items? Also, you get magic from them? Using your logic, I also presume you click each item to salvage them and click each magic fragment to gain magic find increase for your account instead of salvage all or consume all. Otherwise, you're already guilty of the very thing you argue against. Yes, that's also automated when you use salvage all or consume all. Beforehand, each player had to 'work' to gather the salvaged and consumed items. One click at a time. Such is not the case any more given the above mentioned automation.

Therefore, your argument falls flat.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Also, I don't see why anyone could object to this little bit of automation. No one and I mean no one, not a person in the game, not a person in the world except from someone in my house looking over my shoulder, would actually be aware that I'm making a cup of coffee instead of running around that instance for the umpteenth time. It affects no one except me. All these objections are based on arbitrary principles. Certainly not on any rational consideration. This has no impact on anyone's else's appreciation for the game. None. The level 80 booster, which in effect is also a bit of automation to save time, has infinitely more impact.

Well said and exactly.

Myself and my guildies do my home instance everyday without fail. Whether you sell or hoard it all has a use at some point for most people. Automating this is silly, then my peeps won't be able to enjoy the loot. The worst purchase was the black lion hunter board, they harvest for you and honestly you can farm much more in istan than that thing has ever given me.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

such

No, you're missing the point. This thread is about something specific. You're just ranting about generalities that have no bearing on this specific suggestion. Your response misses the point of the topic by astronomic measurements.

Because something like this can start a trend. No, it's not a given, but I find it best to avoid things like that to not start said trend. The trend being that people spend less and less time in game because more and more things become automated. They get one thing, they ask for more. And if they don't get more, they become unsatisfied customers. If people find certain things in a game tedious, if people start to spend less time in a game because they want to spend their time otherwise, to me that's a sign that said person is already one foot out the door. Not someone I'd cater to. You don't offer a visitor a drink when he's already one foot out the door either. I do see your point, that you're talking about something specific, I just don't agree with it. I always find that people who are focused on specifics lose sight of the bigger picture, which is what I was talking about. And you've just confirmed that twice.

Honestly, I'd rather have the home instance reworked to make it more engaging and worth it instead of turning it into "press button, get loot". I was quite excited about getting things for mine until I entered a full home instance. The realisation that I would not actually be, erh, taking care of it and it'll look exactly the same way as all the other instances made me a little sad. Then I asked the guy if it was worth getting all the things. He laughed at me. He "enjoyed" it so much, he hadn't even bothered to check what seeds to plant in his garden plot and had just thrown lettuce and stuff in it. It's depressing how boring and pointless a home instance is.... In fact, it's not a home instance but a hotel room instance.

Silverwaste, Cursed Shore(?), Istan & SW isles yield more return per time and can be farmed for hours.IMO a full home instance (an investment of 5K gold) should be competitively attractive. At the moment it isn't, by popular vote; when I offer mine in guild and map chat I hardly get a reaction anymore. That was entirely different before the material prices plummeted.

How do we get home instances attractive again? Even trying to alter material prices over this affair seems unreasonable. What remains is a) increasing the home instances' yield or b) lowering the effort.b) could be done by allowing friend-listed accounts to enter independently, or installing a portal from those currently under-utilized guild halls, or that gathering NPC mentioned afore.

Home instance gathering is something I do daily with my husband :) sometimes he stood his character outside the instance door waiting for me to be ready to do it with him and I didn't know.. he would be there forever waiting.. uppsy..??. I do not farm other map but home instance us one I do everyday xD we just do it like daily routine sort of thing. Those who does it too will understand ?

@Talindra.4958 said:Home instance gathering is something I do daily with my husband :) sometimes he stood his character outside the instance door waiting for me to be ready to do it with him and I didn't know.. he would be there forever waiting.. uppsy..??. I do not farm other map but home instance us one I do everyday xD we just do it like daily routine sort of thing. Those who does it too will understand ?

Yep even if I simply log in for daily rewards, I always run thru my home!