[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

We already have majority of classes that can wield greatsword (warrior, mesmer, necro, guardian, ranger). Revenant absolutely shouldn't be another.

I accidentally voted for axe. But, imo, warhorn will more suit to revenant. (Something like channeling powers of mists through warhorn sounds)

Or even design new weapon type. Even elite specialization that changes some old weapon skills will be looks better.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, people are asking for GS? How imaginative! Like we really need that! And with Balt as Legend, it would most probes be another fiery condi set.Now Tybalt would be awesome and hilarious. We could get rifles, so more range options.

But what would really be cool would be ice-themed Norn legend with axe for a good cc heavy build.

I can't even remember what I voted for in the poll at this stage, part of the reason I'm posting here is out of curiosity to see what answer comes up under my name heh.

In general, I prefer getting one handed weapons so they're capable of being mix and matched with earlier base weapons, but revenant doesn't actually have the base options to mix and match with, so that becomes much less of a factor.

I agree about core rev and focus.

*EditOh ok apparently I voted axe. Cool.

What I'd like is for the next elite spec legend to be an asura Golemancer (mainly cuz my only rev, so far, is an asura) but I couldn't decide if it should Oola or Zinn that they channel. But recently, I decided why not both? Your rev would would channel two golemancers at once who, given their shared history, would occasionally bicker at each other while the rev tries to play mediator and gets them to try to work together. The weapon I'm considering would be either a scepter, a focus, or both and their utility skills will involve controlling a golem hologram that hovers above the player when active.

@Headcase.4618 said:What I'd like is for the next elite spec legend to be an asura Golemancer (mainly cuz my only rev, so far, is an asura) but I couldn't decide if it should Oola or Zinn that they channel. But recently, I decided why not both? Your rev would would channel two golemancers at once who, given their shared history, would occasionally bicker at each other while the rev tries to play mediator and gets them to try to work together. The weapon I'm considering would be either a scepter, a focus, or both and their utility skills will involve controlling a golem hologram that hovers above the player when active.

No no, I do hope they won't be bringing up another non-GW1 legend like they did with Kalla. Even if that would somehow justify bringing Scepters or Focuses for Revenant.

Since most of the people here, myself included, seem to be hoping for the Greatsword, here are some amazing options for Legends with some actual background that would work very well with it;

-Turai Ossa: Great option, lot of history and lore in the background, already wielded a sword.-Jora: A character whose history is sadly forgotten by many in GW2 so bringing her up would at least make Norns seem more relevant as a race, also mighty warrior who wielded a blade.-Devona: Similar arguments as Jora although not being a Norn. She walked with us through whole GW1, would be more than happy to see some of that to be brought back again.-Dhuum: The previous god of death, would make awesome option for another darker themed Revenant besides Mallyx. His profession was Dervish and since Revenant's upkeep skills are reminiscent of that class, it would be a logical choice for a Legend.-Balthazar: Fits for Revenant perfectly, wielded a Greatsword rather than just a sword, anyone who has played the story will understand why. Perhaps even the best choice among all of them.

@Frozey.8513 said:

@Headcase.4618 said:What I'd like is for the next elite spec legend to be an asura Golemancer (mainly cuz my only rev, so far, is an asura) but I couldn't decide if it should Oola or Zinn that they channel. But recently, I decided why not both? Your rev would would channel two golemancers at once who, given their shared history, would occasionally bicker at each other while the rev tries to play mediator and gets them to try to work together. The weapon I'm considering would be either a scepter, a focus, or both and their utility skills will involve controlling a golem hologram that hovers above the player when active.

No no, I do hope they won't be bringing up another non-GW1 legend like they did with Kalla. Even if that would somehow justify bringing Scepters or Focuses for Revenant.

Since most of the people here, myself included, seem to be hoping for the Greatsword, here are some amazing options for Legends with some actual background that would work very well with it;

-Turai Ossa: Great option, lot of history and lore in the background, already wielded a sword.-Jora: A character whose history is sadly forgotten by many in GW2 so bringing her up would at least make Norns seem more relevant as a race, also mighty warrior who wielded a blade.-Devona: Similar arguments as Jora although not being a Norn. She walked with us through whole GW1, would be more than happy to see some of that to be brought back again.-Dhuum: The previous god of death, would make awesome option for another darker themed Revenant besides Mallyx. His profession was Dervish and since Revenant's upkeep skills are reminiscent of that class, it would be a logical choice for a Legend.-Balthazar: Fits for Revenant perfectly, wielded a Greatsword rather than just a sword, anyone who has played the story will understand why. Perhaps even the best choice among all of them.

Oola and Zinn were both in GW1. Dhuum wasn't a dervish, he was a god. I think Turai would be better fit for a rework of sword/shield. Jora or Balthazar would be my choices for a greatsword - inb4 Jora didn't wield a greatsword - she does in concept art! It's conceptual! Game mechanics aren't lore!

@Frozey.8513 said:

I really, desperately want Owl to be the new legend we get to channel.

Warhorn but make it either able to change the rev's skillbar to add more ranged choices or summon things. Maybe even give it an icy theme and have one if the Kodan from the first game as a legend. (Though that could work for great sword too which would be my second choice)

Edit:Or just main hand warhorn because that hasn't been done before.

everyone has such an amazing hard-on for the greatsword, but i like what another poster said: 4/5 out of 9 professions already have it. what are you going to run, gs and sw/sw? thats too many blades. There is a serious need for some really underused weapons in this game, and greatsword is most definitely one of the most used. shortbow was another cool one, but we all see what the devs did with it in renegade.give us DUAL-pistol!! blindfolded melee mystical gun-fu soldier class is extremely unique, compared to the greatsword option. have it be able to switch between melee and range, a stance within stances maybe, or split it mainhand melee pistol and offhand range pistol. and this is even taking into account rev's sore need for weapon variety, and just look at the different ways spellbreakers could use the daggers! the mix of pistols will give rev some much needed flexibility in builds, even if not to the extent spellbreaker did.no matter what though, everyone on this thread seems to want a serious damage spec for the rev and not yet another support. hence: dual pistol, power spec for next expansion. NOT EVERY CLASS NEEDS TO WIELD ETERNITY, people

@LucianDK.8615 said:I suspect twilight is to blame for the greatsword fetish. I -completely- agree that we need to see more underused weapons getting their time in the spotlight. Revs rarely works with weapons in the usual way. Look at the hammer for example.

I don't even get how people even like Twilight anymore... It feels like they just send you one in the mail for free for dinging 80 on your Guardian. :trollface:

@"Gihn.1043" said:everyone has such an amazing hard-on for the greatsword, but i like what another poster said: 4/5 out of 9 professions already have it. what are you going to run, gs and sw/sw? thats too many blades. There is a serious need for some really underused weapons in this game, and greatsword is most definitely one of the most used. shortbow was another cool one, but we all see what the devs did with it in renegade.give us DUAL-pistol!! blindfolded melee mystical gun-fu soldier class is extremely unique, compared to the greatsword option. have it be able to switch between melee and range, a stance within stances maybe, or split it mainhand melee pistol and offhand range pistol. and this is even taking into account rev's sore need for weapon variety, and just look at the different ways spellbreakers could use the daggers! the mix of pistols will give rev some much needed flexibility in builds, even if not to the extent spellbreaker did.no matter what though, everyone on this thread seems to want a serious damage spec for the rev and not yet another support. hence: dual pistol, power spec for next expansion. NOT EVERY CLASS NEEDS TO WIELD ETERNITY, people

In my opinion there is no such a thing as "too much blades" :PBut I understand not everyone may like blades as much as some - that's the reason behind the poll - to indicates to devs what are the "moods" and impressions regarding rev's next weapon.

As for pistols....I don't like it. An frankly, most of the public don't like this idea of technology-revenant as well. Neither do devs, I have troubles with finding a source, but i'm pretty sure i recall interview in which one of the dev claimed that revenant is somewhat the opposite of engineer - it looks toward past, unlike engies. Thus, revenant naturally more resonates with "ways of old magic", blades, bows, shortbows, malee etc. Don't think gunpowder fits heavy armor classes in general - since solider professions draws inspirations from medival warfare // classic high fantasy. Especially it contradicts rev, which is this shamanistic warrior, taping powers from the "underworld // other dimensions".

My previous choice of pistol was based in the assumption that we had a mobile block in the off hand sword, which no longer is the case.

I already have Eternity in my Guardian, but if the creative team behind the future Rev spec is the same as the Renegade I would instead to call a trident or a harpoon as the next weapon, because after the clusterkitten they made with the short bow I think that they are disconnected from the reality and any thing they would do with the greatsword is aiming towards a fiasco.

I also disagree with the notion of "pure damage oriented" for the next spec: Renegade is a pure damage buff and still is thrash outside PvE raids: is bad for close combat fighting vs humans because has no sustain nor defensive/mobility tools, and is retardely bad at range due the short bow fails to make any pressure against human players.

Since I doubt they add a new ranged weapon (we already have one and half) I would like to see a mele bruiser with good mobility (made from a different creative team). Is amazing to see how Mesmers are better than us at ANY range while having better sustain and mobility at the same time.