"I'd Really Like this..." - New Gifting Strangers

Alatar.7364

I'm doing what I can to save up and earn the Living World Seasons. I haven't experienced a lot of the story, especially since I did much of core almost two years ago. Upon my return a couple days ago, I've made it my goal to really dive into the lore of the game and revitalize my interest in Guild Wars as a whole. A huge thanks to anyone who can help me get even a single copper piece closer!

Note: As an act of appreciation, and a way to assure my donors of my intentions, I will be showing proof of my purchase of the Living World Seasons once the goal is reached. This will be provided either through a link to imgur, or simply a screenshot edited to fill this post space tastefully. Any funds acquired will not be spent on anything but this goal. Thank you for your support!

Request: Gems for Living World Season 2 and 3.

Costs:Living World Season 2 - 1280 Gems (Currently marked as 20% off in the store for me, uncertain if this is a temporary sale or not.)Living World Season 3 - 480 Gems

Acquired so far:Gems - 0/1760Gold - 60/517

List of Donors:Hero of Heroes, 1st Donator: 30 Gold - Thank you!

This is the THIRD time I've had to post this on this one page...

@Haelow.7243 said:Updating my previous post: I'm doing what I can to save up and earn the Living World Seasons. I haven't experienced a lot of the story, especially since I did much of core almost two years ago. Upon my return a couple days ago, I've made it my goal to really dive into the lore of the game and revitalize my interest in Guild Wars as a whole. A huge thanks to anyone who can help me get even a single copper piece closer!

Costs:Living World Season 2 - 1280 Gems (Currently marked as 20% off in the store for me, uncertain if this is a temporary sale or not.)Living World Season 3 - 480 Gems

Acquired so far:Gems - 0/1760Gold - 21/517

@"StinVec.3621" said:

Note to all prospective desire posters:

As noted in the Forum FAQ thread, Recruit rank has a 4 hour window to edit comments - Member rank has no edit window limitation.

• Making a desire post as "Recruit" forum rank essentially forces you to have to make an additional post to state receipt of assistance if more than 4 hours has passed since your post was made - this is not the correct way to participate in this thread.

• Potential gifters who read through the thread will see your original desire post as still being there stating you desire the item(s) and they would not know it was fulfilled (partially or fully) unless they read further on through the thread and find your new post stating so.

• Failing to ensure you are Member rank on the forums prior to making your desire post may limit any assistance with the item(s) you may receive. As potential gifters know you will be unable to update your post to state receipt of assistance, they may be unlikely to provide assistance they otherwise may have.

To be absolutely clear on this request of desire posters:

• Please achieve at least "Member" rank on the forums if you wish to participate in this thread.

Comment in 5 different threads total on the forums to attain the "Member" forum rank (2 star rank) which removes your comment edit time limitation.You will then be able to edit your original desire post via the gear icon in the top-right of your post if/when you receive any assistance.

Thank you.

Desire: Living world Season 2 - 1280 GemsLiving world Season 3 - 960 GemsI'm still fairly new to the game and have only been playing for about a month and a half. The story and world got me hooked though and after flying through the story I can't wait to get the living worlds that I missed to try and catch up on what I have missed. I've been farming almost constantly trying to save up the gems for it and have managed a few conversions but would greatly appreciate any kind soul who could help me out. I love the story and had many a feels during HoT and really want to experience everything I can in this game. Thank you for taking the time to even read this <3

Edit: An IRL friend gave me the gems for it in the end because I kept talking about it. Thank you though for the one person who gave me some gold which I returned. I'm so sorry I couldn't remember your name as I didn't write it down before hitting return to sender. Thank you though and good luck for everyone who wants/needs something in the game. One day I hope to pay this kindness forward. :)

@StinVec.3621 said:This is the THIRD time I've had to post this on this one page...

@Haelow.7243 said:Updating my previous post: I'm doing what I can to save up and earn the Living World Seasons. I haven't experienced a lot of the story, especially since I did much of core almost two years ago. Upon my return a couple days ago, I've made it my goal to really dive into the lore of the game and revitalize my interest in Guild Wars as a whole. A huge thanks to anyone who can help me get even a single copper piece closer!

Costs:
Living World Season 2 - 1280 Gems (Currently marked as 20% off in the store for me, uncertain if this is a temporary sale or not.)Living World Season 3 - 480 Gems

Acquired so far:
Gems - 0/1760Gold - 21/517

As noted in the
thread, Recruit rank has a 4 hour window to edit comments - Member rank has no edit window limitation.
  • Making a desire post as "Recruit" forum rank essentially forces you to have to make an additional post to state receipt of assistance if more than 4 hours has passed since your post was made - this is not the correct way to participate in this thread.
  • Potential gifters who read through the thread will see your original desire post as still being there stating you desire the item(s) and they would not know it was fulfilled (partially or fully) unless they read further on through the thread and find your new post stating so.
  • Failing to ensure you are Member rank on the forums
    prior
    to making your desire post may limit any assistance with the item(s) you may receive. As potential gifters know you will be unable to update your post to state receipt of assistance, they may be unlikely to provide assistance they otherwise may have.

• Please achieve at least "Member" rank on the forums if you wish to participate in this thread.

Comment in 5 different threads total on the forums to attain the "Member" forum rank (2 star rank) which removes your comment edit time limitation.You will then be able to edit your original desire post via the gear icon in the top-right of your post if/when you receive any assistance.

Thank you.

The Member rank isn't triggering for me though, and it may not have for that person as well. I've done everything I can find in order to get the "Member" rank but no luck for me either. Just wanted to let you know that this may be a possibility.

@OkamiLuna.5182 said:

@StinVec.3621 said:This is the THIRD time I've had to post this on this one page...

Costs:
Living World Season 2 - 1280 Gems (Currently marked as 20% off in the store for me, uncertain if this is a temporary sale or not.)Living World Season 3 - 480 Gems

Acquired so far:
Gems - 0/1760Gold - 21/517

As noted in the
thread, Recruit rank has a 4 hour window to edit comments - Member rank has no edit window limitation.
  • Failing to ensure you are Member rank on the forums
    prior
    to making your desire post may limit any assistance with the item(s) you may receive. As potential gifters know you will be unable to update your post to state receipt of assistance, they may be unlikely to provide assistance they otherwise may have.

Thank you.

The Member rank isn't triggering for me though, and it may not have for that person as well. I've done everything I can find in order to get the "Member" rank but no luck for me either. Just wanted to let you know that this may be a possibility.

Thank you for mentioning this, however it is not the case for them and all others I've posted that message to (I check on their activity prior to posting to verify it is not a case of being bugged). In their case, as it was for those who have posted desires as recruit in the past, it is not that they are bugged, they just haven't participated in any other discussions on the forums at all other than 'participating' in this thread by making a desire post (and then inappropriately updating it if an update post is made at all).

Regarding your situation of being unable to attain Member Rank:You do appear to be bugged as you seem to have satisfied all of the requirements to attain Member Rank.

As noted in the Forum FAQ thread I linked, Member Rank requires that one not be marked as a 'New Account' to attain it. Your first comment was made on March 7th, so it has clearly been more than 72 hours since your first comment was made, which is the New Account period. After 72 hours have passed from your first comment, you will no longer be considered a New Account and will achieve ranks normally. You have also participated in more than 5 different discussion threads, so you should have attained Member Rank 4 days ago when the 5th discussion was participated in, which was your initial desire post in this thread.

As you've already posted in more than 5 different threads and it has been (much) longer than 72 hours since your first post, you may want to email the GW2 Forums team to inquire as to what is causing you to not attain Member Rank properly. I hope it will lead to the issue you are experiencing being corrected.

Forums@Arena.Net

Please also include your 'Guild Wars 2 Display Name' in your initial message (OkamiLuna.5182) if you choose to contact the forum team - it should expedite assistance as they'll be able to instantly check and see exactly what I've noted above (that you should have attained Member Rank) and look to correct the issue without first awaiting a reply to a request for your display name to then begin offering assistance.

@StinVec.3621 said:

Regarding your situation of being unable to attain Member Rank:You do appear to be bugged as you seem to have satisfied all of the requirements to attain Member Rank.

As noted in the Forum FAQ thread I linked, Member Rank requires that one not be marked as a 'New Account' to attain it. Your first comment was made on March 7th, so it has clearly been more than 72 hours since your first comment was made, which is the New Account period. After 72 hours have passed from your first comment, you will no longer be considered a New Account and will achieve ranks normally. You have also participated in more than 5 different discussion threads, so you should have attained Member Rank 4 days ago when the 5th discussion was participated in, which was your initial desire post in this thread.

As you've already posted in more than 5 different threads and it has been (much) longer than 72 hours since your first post, you may want to email the GW2 Forums team to inquire as to what is causing you to not attain Member Rank properly. I hope it will lead to the issue you are experiencing being corrected.

Forums@Arena.Net

Please also include your 'Guild Wars 2 Display Name' in your initial message (OkamiLuna.5182) if you choose to contact the forum team - it should expedite assistance as they'll be able to instantly check and see exactly what I've noted above (that you should have attained Member Rank) and look to correct the issue without first awaiting a reply to a request for your display name to then begin offering assistance.

Yeah I was hoping some time may have triggered it, but like you said, time has passed and it hasn't happened. I will contact support about it though as I do wish to update my own request in this thread as well. Thank you for the help. :)

@OkamiLuna.5182 said:

Forums@Arena.Net

Yeah I was hoping some time may have triggered it, but like you said, time has passed and it hasn't happened. I will contact support about it though as I do wish to update my own request in this thread as well. Thank you for the help. :)

I took a look at your comments and thought to give something a try to see if I could trigger your Member Rank to get awarded. It worked.

I saw that you had one Thumbs Up on your first comment that was made while under the New Account period, so I went to that comment that received it and gave it a Thumbs Up as well. It triggered your account to be updated immediately and you are now Member Rank.

I think it was just bugged and it for some reason was not updating and awarding the Member Rank and required something to trigger a script to update it properly. As Helpfuls and Thumbs Up are tracked and affect account badges, giving you that Thumbs up caused it to recalculate and update your account. No badges were awarded, but Member Rank was.

You should now be able to update your desire post normally via the edit button in the top right of the initial post and there should be no need to contact the forum team unless future badges and ranks are also not awarded properly, though I believe that is unlikely to be an issue.

~~Hi everybody ! I want a character slot expansion (800 gems) and 100 golds for my legendary weapon. I want to create a warrior or a revenant. I need ≈360golds for the conversion in gems and the icy runestones. Thank you for donations ! <3golds : 0/360~~

I'm brand new to this community, though I've owned GW2 in it's original retail format 4-5 years. Since I've only played alone and I've not really been sure what my journey is really supposed to be within the world, I've not gotten very far; I have a lvl 20 Necromancer. I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread and I'm sorry about that. I figured if I'm going to try to attempt a more serious effort to play,then I'm probably going to need some kind of guidance and companionship. If any person or people are willing to have me along now and then, that would be great and much appreciated. I'm very very familiar with MMOs, coming from 11 years of WoW and I still play that now and then. I'm still active in Diablo 3 and Path of exile. I'll thank you guys in advance for reading this. Thank you

~~> @ELBO.1026 said:

Hi everybody ! I want a character slot expansion (800 gems) and 100 golds for my legendary weapon. I want to create a warrior or a revenant. I need ≈360golds for the conversion in gems and the icy runestones. Thank you for donations ! <3

(For edit)Gold : 100/360

~~

Desire: IncineratorServer: NA

Yeah, i know a Legendary is a bit unrealistic. But it is my goal, I dont craft nor have a desire to ever do so. Just not something in a mmo that inrests/motivates me at all.So instead im trying to save up gold to buy one.

Desire: Aetherblade Light Armor Skin (FULLFILED NOW)Server: EUWell, Hi guys!I've been looking for this armor for sooooooooooo long, and now when it came back to BLTC im broke (just got my griffon). I'd love to buy gems to get it but cant afford it for now (as I am a student that lives alone). Would any kind soul help me with this? Its the last thing I need to be "fullfilled" with this game - got my asc, and with it my look will be fullfiled. So I could focus on story theorycraft (Im an OldWars Player), getting fun by collections and propably help some other people here.

Meh, couldnt bear it and sold some of my bank. So I bought it myself, propably gonna look for another goal :P

Thanks alot!

EDIT: A kindhearted spirit fulfilled my desire (again a 1000 thanks for that!)

Desire: LS 3.EUI recently bought the game and the expansions. I really love playing through the story and am saving up every penny to get my character up and running. So far i managed to play through HoT and PoF and had enough money to buy myself LS2. My last gold went to the griffon and i really, really would like to play through LS3 to complete the story. I have read up on it on the wiki but its not like playing the real thing, not to mention the fact that i also would like to get the extra abilities that come with that part of the story.Unfortunatly i cannot afford rl money to buy the gems for the LS3, being a single mother.So if someone would be so kind to help me get that part i would be forever grateful :)

Hey there,My Biggest Desire (EU):

• Incinerator

I'm a student whos graduating in 1 1/2 years and I literally have no time to farm much at all in the game currently. I play Guild Wars 2 for several years now, and playing mainly thief my biggest desire has always been getting the Incinerator, but I've never had much time to actually farm for everything required for it because of school, training, household, and a whole lot of other real life things that are necessary to be done. If there maybe is one incredibly kind-hearted person out there who could help me out with my desire it would literally mean the world and beyond to me. I know Incinerator is a very big item, it would still mean everything to me to get anything gifted that gets me a big step closer to Incinerator such as Spark. My gratitude for any person that could help a fellow out can really not be described in words.I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hey everybody,

I already posted on the original post and I'm trying again to fulfill my goal. I'm trying to get Chuka and Champawat since months but I can't play much anymore with my ilness.

I still need 150 amalgamated gemstones for that legendary. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for reading me and have a nice day everyone! I hope everyone on this thread will see their dream come true.

I didnt play since 2013, now back to Tyria world and my only wish is have possibility to buy DLC (looking at all this ppls with cool mounts and wings make me cry :disappointed: ) , but i cant do that in near future. Anyway it's too much for asking here someone to buy DLC for me, so i just wish all of players have best emotions in this game. Peace!

• ArenaNet Staff

@StinVec.3621 said:

---Not A Desire Post---

@Turtlesrule.9281 said:(Repost because I can't edit a second time)I'm trying to get my Tailoring to level 500.

Name: Turtlesrule.9281

Need:Cured Thick Leather Square (15/250)Cured Thin Leather Square (50/250)Bolt of Linen (170/250)(Completed Bolts of Wool)Bolt of Cotton (90/200)

As I've noted several times in reply to other people making desire posts on how to remove the edit time limitation:
  • Please participate in at least 5 different threads on the forums to attain 'Member' rank, which does not have a post edit time limitation. You can then come back and edit your original post with your updates. :)

Do NOT make an additional post. Please comment in a few other threads to attain this rank and then return to edit your initial desire post with the updated desired amounts and replace this second post you've made with [removed post] as its contents so you do not have multiple posts. Thank you. :)

This is extremely valuable advice. Members -- please follow the steps above to properly participate in this thread. As SV said, do not make a new post, but edit your post to reflect accurately the status of your request.

• ArenaNet Staff

I am going to point out, again, that this thread is a "helping others" thread. And I believe that StinVec was clear about how it's best to ask for specific help. With that in mind...

It is unrealistic (and pretty inappropriate) to ask someone to simply give you/buy you a Legendary Weapon, enormous amounts of gold, or to make requests for unspecified amounts of expensive items.

Asking for help while you acquire the Legendary is fine. Maybe you need specific mats. Give a number, ask for them by name and naturally, accept smaller gifts than the total you need. But asking for someone to buy you the weapon is far beyond realistic, and not within what I believe to be the intentions of this thread.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Smiggles.6823 said:Edit: OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED SO FAR!!!

I'd like 300g 0g so I can speed my way through leatherworking/huntsman crafting.

Cheers

Smiggles.6823

North America

Flagging this as a fine example of how to properly show:

• what you need
  • what you've received (as the requested number was edited as gifts were received)
  • thanks for those who contributed.

Well done, Smiggles!

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I am going to point out, again, that this thread is a "helping others" thread. And I believe that StinVec was clear about how it's best to ask for specific help.

With that in mind, it is frankly very unrealistic to ask someone to simply give you/buy you a Legendary Weapon, enormous amounts of gold, or to make requests for unspecified amounts of expensive items. Asking for help while you acquire the Legendary is fine. Maybe you need specific mats. Give a number, ask for them by name and naturally, accept smaller gifts than the total you need. But asking for someone to buy you the weapon is far beyond realistic, and not within what I believe to be the intentions of this thread.

What about asking my friends to buy me "All the things!" because raisin reasons. Also I'm more Skritt than they are. :wink:

• ArenaNet Staff

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I am going to point out, again, that this thread is a "helping others" thread. And I believe that StinVec was clear about how it's best to ask for specific help.

With that in mind, it is frankly very unrealistic to ask someone to simply give you/buy you a Legendary Weapon, enormous amounts of gold, or to make requests for unspecified amounts of expensive items. Asking for help while
you
acquire the Legendary is fine. Maybe you need specific mats. Give a number, ask for them by name and naturally, accept smaller gifts than the total you need. But asking for someone to buy you the weapon is far beyond realistic, and not within what I believe to be the intentions of this thread.

What about asking my friends to buy me "All the things!" because raisin reasons. Also I'm more Skritt than they are. :wink:

Y'know? I heard that about you, RHS, and I want to tell you it's not on. ;)

Well... Hi guys!

I see that GW2 community is most of the time polite, nice and helpfull. Because of that I wanted to ask you great people for something diffrent than items - could you spend a moment of your precious time and write something nice to me? Even something short. Im curently in a process of healing from depression, and I could really use some words of courage and inspiration :smile:

Peace!

P.S. Hope im not breaking any rules? :open_mouth:

Edit:This... is... just amaizing! You people are such lovely caring souls! This community is just a precious gem, and im so greatfull for all the love you shared with me :) I will respond to all of you, just give me some time :) This is all so emotional, and great, and cheerfull, and I feel like im not alone here anymore. Thank you all for that <3

Edit 2:It warms my heart that you are still writing to me, and im so greatfull for all support im getting from you all <3 Im going to print all the sweet words I got and hang it on the wall to remind me that you care <3

Edit 3:Thank you once more for all support I got! It was wonderfull :) I wanted to let you know that im on my way to recover, and that its getting better everyday :)