Future Expansion

BerriosC.7295

The storylines could merge if Joko becomes branded mid season, thus causing further emphasis on Kralkatorrik. Definitely a possibly given the proximity of Kralkatorrik to Jokos kingdom. There is the possibility that they change up the pacing of the storyline and have the death of Kralkatorrik at the beginning of Expansion 3.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tyson.5160 said:Most likely Aurene is going to pull a Kormir. I could also see the Pale Tree taking over Mordremoth’s spot and the Orrian Royalty or just King Reza himself taking up Zhaitan’s position.I don't think a human ghost can become an Elder dragon tier being. I would assume that Zhaitan and Mordremoth will likely simply remain unreplaced. The world is seemingly able to exist without two Elder Dragons being alive, its going below 4 that is the world ending threat.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Most likely Aurene is going to pull a Kormir. I could also see the Pale Tree taking over Mordremoth’s spot and the Orrian Royalty or just King Reza himself taking up Zhaitan’s position.I don't think a human ghost can become an Elder dragon tier being. I would assume that Zhaitan and Mordremoth will likely simply remain unreplaced. The world is seemingly able to exist without two Elder Dragons being alive, its going below 4 that is the world ending threat.

In most circumstances I would agree, however King Reza was the former Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan, and commanded Zhaitan’s forces in that instance alone, which makes him a lieutenant at the very least and he guarded a very important area. He almost acts like a purified dragon minion.

As for your other comment the way further cutscene in Kesha advised that magic needs to eventually come to balance, which means replacing Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s vacancy.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:You're forgetting that we still need to figure out how to neutralize Kralkatorrik without ending the world.

Most likely Aurene is going to pull a Kormir. I could also see the Pale Tree taking over Mordremoth’s spot and the Orrian Royalty or just King Reza himself taking up Zhaitan’s position.

Even if Aurene replaces Kralkatorrik, this isn't likely to be an easy or immediate thing - if it was merely absorbing a significant portion of magic, then Aurene would be an Elder Dragon already as she absorbed a great deal of Mordremoth's magic (and later, a good portion of Balthazar's that came from all four dead and hibernating dragons). So we have to figure out a means to make her an Elder Dragon before killing Kralkatorrik. And while it might get covered in a handful of instances, it wouldn't be something as quick as Mordremoth's weakness (I like to believe that ArenaNet has learned from their failures in writing, as each new one is different than the last, mostly).

As for Reza: Season 3 shows that humans and ghosts cannot absorb a ton of magic in of itself without dire consequences. For most, it results in insanity and addiction as highlighted in Out of the Shadows. But even when you have defenses against it like the Commander, it results in visions (the "sad anomalies" from Burden of Choice side story). So Reza as well as any normal mortal for that matter, is out of the question.

(On an aside, this also heavily implies that either a) god magic is different from Tyrian magic thus fall under different rules here, or b) the gods really did give a unique blessing for Kormir to ascend to godhood.)

Pale Tree is a possibility, but for all we know it has to be an actual dragon and not simply a dragon minion. Glint - and by proxy, Vlast and Aurene - are literally children of an Elder Dragon. So it might even be that is the requirement, a literal dynasty of Elder Dragons if you would. Which would mean we'd have to find out if the other Elder Dragons had children, purify them so they're have their own will, and befriend them before making them Elder Dragons.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

I think at least one of the two need replacement in order to replace any other. We don't know the exact circumstances, but Season 3 heavily implies that one more Elder Dragon death - potentially even momentarily - could lead to the world's destruction. Besides that, with just two dragons dead we see a ton of issues throughout the world (Conservation of Magic and Anomalous Occurances being the prime examples of this, but so is all the ley-crazed creatures that the Order of Shadows have been marking with bounties).

@Tyson.5160 said:In most circumstances I would agree, however King Reza was the former Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan, and commanded Zhaitan’s forces in that instance alone, which makes him a lieutenant at the very least and he guarded a very important area. He almost acts like a purified dragon minion.

Reza's ghost wasn't the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan. His body was, and his soul merely trapped within. There's a slight difference there. We see many ghosts who's bodies were corrupted while the ghost was not - the two, body and soul, are distinctively different things in Guild Wars.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:You're forgetting that we still need to figure out how to neutralize Kralkatorrik without ending the world.

Most likely Aurene is going to pull a Kormir. I could also see the Pale Tree taking over Mordremoth’s spot and the Orrian Royalty or just King Reza himself taking up Zhaitan’s position.

Even if Aurene replaces Kralkatorrik, this isn't likely to be an easy or immediate thing - if it was merely absorbing a significant portion of magic, then Aurene would be an Elder Dragon already as she absorbed a great deal of Mordremoth's magic (and later, a good portion of Balthazar's that came from all four dead and hibernating dragons). So we have to figure out a means to make her an Elder Dragon
before
killing Kralkatorrik. And while it might get covered in a handful of instances, it wouldn't be something as quick as Mordremoth's weakness (I like to believe that ArenaNet has learned from their failures in writing, as each new one is different than the last, mostly).

As for Reza: Season 3 shows that humans and ghosts cannot absorb a ton of magic in of itself without dire consequences. For most, it results in insanity and addiction as highlighted in Out of the Shadows. But even when you have defenses against it like the Commander, it results in visions (the "sad anomalies" from Burden of Choice side story). So Reza as well as any normal mortal for that matter, is out of the question.

(On an aside, this also heavily implies that either a) god magic is different from Tyrian magic thus fall under different rules here, or b) the gods really did give a unique blessing for Kormir to ascend to godhood.)

Pale Tree is a possibility, but for all we know it has to be an actual dragon and not simply a dragon minion. Glint - and by proxy, Vlast and Aurene - are literally children of an Elder Dragon. So it might even be that is the requirement, a literal dynasty of Elder Dragons if you would. Which would mean we'd have to find out if the other Elder Dragons had children, purify them so they're have their own will, and befriend them before making them Elder Dragons.

I think at least one of the two need replacement in order to replace any other. We don't know the exact circumstances, but Season 3 heavily implies that one more Elder Dragon death - potentially even momentarily - could lead to the world's destruction. Besides that, with just two dragons dead we see a ton of issues throughout the world (
and
being the prime examples of this, but so is all the ley-crazed creatures that the Order of Shadows have been marking with bounties).

@Tyson.5160 said:In most circumstances I would agree, however King Reza was the former Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan, and commanded Zhaitan’s forces in that instance alone, which makes him a lieutenant at the very least and he guarded a very important area. He almost acts like a purified dragon minion.

Reza's ghost wasn't the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan. His body was, and his soul merely trapped within. There's a slight difference there. We see many ghosts who's bodies were corrupted while the ghost was not - the two, body and soul, are distinctively different things in Guild Wars.

After reviewing the dialogue with the battle the Sovereign eye of Zhaitan, it seems that Reza is speaking as he is the Sovereign eye, just my interpretation I guess.

Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan: What's happening to me... Your sword! Why does it gleam so brightly? Ahhhhh!King Reza: Ah... My own hand...my own form. My mind is no longer controlled by the dragon's curse. Praise the gods, I am free!

Also it seems strange that the eyes have spirits bound to them for some reason, while entities like Crusader Aliyana are separated from their Risen.

My unit fell, becoming the enemy we were sent to fight. And worse, they found me, still with fever, and tore me apart. Now my corrupted body fights for Zhaitan.

In terms of the replacements for Zhaitan and Mordremoth being dragons, I caught this piece of dialogue in the cutscene which interesting phrasing.

Sadizi: We theorize these vacancies must be filled with entities that circulate and share magic rather than hoard it.

They use the word entities rather then dragon here. Which is strange and leaves me to believe that beings like the Pale Tree could replace the dragons.

Furthermore, we don’t have a lot of information on the Orr Ghosts, they seem to act purified champions and want to actively reverse the corruption, which Crysader Aliyana has no mention of. Reza seems to act much like Glint, the Pale Tree as well as Vlast and he is the only benevolent entity that resides in Orr that had any sort of real power with Zhaitan, which is why I went down this line of thought.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:I think at least one of the two need replacement in order to replace any other. We don't know the exact circumstances, but Season 3 heavily implies that one more Elder Dragon death - potentially even momentarily - could lead to the world's destruction. Besides that, with just two dragons dead we see a ton of issues throughout the world (Conservation of Magic and Anomalous Occurances being the prime examples of this, but so is all the ley-crazed creatures that the Order of Shadows have been marking with bounties).I never said it was all sunshine, rainbows, and hand-holding, only that is still functional without two.

@"Tyson.5160" said:Furthermore, we don’t have a lot of information on the Orr Ghosts, they seem to act purified champions and want to actively reverse the corruption, which Crysader Aliyana has no mention of. Reza seems to act much like Glint, the Pale Tree as well as Vlast and he is the only benevolent entity that resides in Orr that had any sort of real power with Zhaitan, which is why I went down this line of thought.

To be fair, Orr is their homeland. Of course they want to cleanse their homeland of dragon corruption. Aliyana on the other hand is Krytan and not even in Orr.

That's like saying "Jennah wants to stay on the throne that was given to her ancestor by the gods, therefore she can become a god".

I would hardly say that they act like purified champions, however. They literally just stand there and tell others what to do. They're not the ones purifying Orr either - the sylvari present throughout are.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:I think at least one of the two need replacement in order to replace any other. We don't know the exact circumstances, but Season 3 heavily implies that one more Elder Dragon death - potentially even momentarily - could lead to the world's destruction. Besides that, with just two dragons dead we see a ton of issues throughout the world (
and
being the prime examples of this, but so is all the ley-crazed creatures that the Order of Shadows have been marking with bounties).I never said it was all sunshine, rainbows, and hand-holding, only that is still functional without two.

Massive energy build ups resulting in people dying or going insane is hardly what I would call functional.

@"Tyson.5160" said:Furthermore, we don’t have a lot of information on the Orr Ghosts, they seem to act purified champions and want to actively reverse the corruption, which Crysader Aliyana has no mention of. Reza seems to act much like Glint, the Pale Tree as well as Vlast and he is the only benevolent entity that resides in Orr that had any sort of real power with Zhaitan, which is why I went down this line of thought.

To be fair, Orr is their homeland. Of course they want to cleanse their homeland of dragon corruption. Aliyana on the other hand is Krytan and not even in Orr.

That's like saying "Jennah wants to stay on the throne that was given to her ancestor by the gods, therefore she can become a god".

I would hardly say that they act like purified champions, however. They literally just stand there and tell others what to do. They're not the ones purifying Orr either - the sylvari present throughout are.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I think at least one of the two need replacement in order to replace any other. We don't know the exact circumstances, but Season 3 heavily implies that one more Elder Dragon death - potentially even momentarily - could lead to the world's destruction. Besides that, with just two dragons dead we see a ton of issues throughout the world (
and
being the prime examples of this, but so is all the ley-crazed creatures that the Order of Shadows have been marking with bounties).I never said it was all sunshine, rainbows, and hand-holding, only that is still functional without two.

Massive energy build ups resulting in people dying or going insane is hardly what I would call functional.

Was it the magic in general that caused them to go insane or the fact that it was bloodstone magic? I can't remember back when it all started if it was the general excess magic or the fact that it was bloodstone which had been infused with souls for however long.

I guess magic is magic.

Kind of interested in how the Olmakhan play out in all this too. For some reason it seemed like they may have been normal charr that (although more of a nature magic shaman type) have a bit more affinity for magic in general. But even in isolation on that island for what somewhat small time they've been there they haven't really been exposed to enough to cause them to evolve so that may just be wild speculation.

As to the rest of this thread, although it's possible we could find another dragon champion at some point, how would we free their will if the forgotten are truly completely extinct? And would they really go down this plot again with Aurene having already taken this spotlight?

I do find it hard to believe the forgotten are COMPLETELY extinct but that's probably just blind hope that somewhere there's some ancient ruins hidden like Tarir full of forgotten that have just avoided being hunted and stayed intentionally cut off from everyone else. (I guess theoretically if Aurene did take over Kralk's position she would have control over the branded forgotten and those could perform the ritual they used to free Glint?)

@Tyson.5160 said:

In most circumstances I would agree, however King Reza was the former Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan, and commanded Zhaitan’s forces in that instance alone, which makes him a lieutenant at the very least and he guarded a very important area. He almost acts like a purified dragon minion.

As for your other comment the way further cutscene in Kesha advised that magic needs to eventually come to balance, which means replacing Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s vacancy.

I still don't understand why if it's this simple, the gods aren't just staying on Tyria and absorbing all of these elder dragon's magic. Balth took Primordus and Jormag and a bloodstone, so it's clearly not a matter of it being too much magic for them to handle. They were afraid of going to war with the elder dragons but was that because of the pure destruction of the battle with them or the imbalance in the eternal alchemy that they were afraid of? Unless there's some rule that according to the eternal alchemy there must always be a dragon or dragon champion because of the nature of their power being different than "divine" power, it seems the gods could just pick a dragon and let us less destructively wage war with it and give the gods the power boost to help create the balance.This whole scenario is just still too vague to really apply anykind of logic to though. We still don't really know anything about the eternal alchemy, or even definitively about the spheres of influence. Just an open plot for them to dive into and switch around whenever they need to.

But I didn't think the Kesha vision hinted that we needed to replace Zhaitan and Mordremoth as much as the original plan was that Aurene and Vlast would alternate possibly taking 3 elder dragons each creating the balance or whatever?

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

As to the rest of this thread, although it's possible we could find another dragon champion at some point, how would we free their will if the forgotten are truly completely extinct? And would they really go down this plot again with Aurene having already taken this spotlight?

It wouldn't take a Forgotten. We've actually performed the ritual ourselves, back in Arah P3, although the devs haven't given us a nod back to that in some time. We have the process, know the materials, have access to the ritual site, and have performed a successful test of the procedure... hypothetically, all we're missing is a way to lure a champion in and hold it in place.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

I still don't understand why if it's this simple, the gods aren't just staying on Tyria and absorbing all of these elder dragon's magic. Balth took Primordus and Jormag and a bloodstone, so it's clearly not a matter of it being too much magic for them to handle. They were afraid of going to war with the elder dragons but was that because of the pure destruction of the battle with them or the imbalance in the eternal alchemy that they were afraid of? Unless there's some rule that according to the eternal alchemy there must always be a dragon or dragon champion because of the nature of their power being different than "divine" power, it seems the gods could just pick a dragon and let us less destructively wage war with it and give the gods the power boost to help create the balance.This whole scenario is just still too vague to really apply anykind of logic to though. We still don't really know anything about the eternal alchemy, or even definitively about the spheres of influence. Just an open plot for them to dive into and switch around whenever they need to.

But I didn't think the Kesha vision hinted that we needed to replace Zhaitan and Mordremoth as much as the original plan was that Aurene and Vlast would alternate possibly taking 3 elder dragons each creating the balance or whatever?

@Tyson.5160 said:Furthermore, we don’t have a lot of information on the Orr Ghosts, they seem to act purified champions and want to actively reverse the corruption, which Crysader Aliyana has no mention of. Reza seems to act much like Glint, the Pale Tree as well as Vlast and he is the only benevolent entity that resides in Orr that had any sort of real power with Zhaitan, which is why I went down this line of thought.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I think at least one of the two need replacement in order to replace any other. We don't know the exact circumstances, but Season 3 heavily implies that one more Elder Dragon death - potentially even momentarily - could lead to the world's destruction. Besides that, with just two dragons dead we see a ton of issues throughout the world (
and

What is the alternative? Cleansing one of the undead dragons like Tequatl? Seems like a lot of story steps unless they pull a “oh by the way we cleansed an undead dragon.” I suppose we could have any kind of dragon replace Zhaitan or any other being that can share magic, not sure who that would be. Reza just seems so convenient to me. Seeing how connected to Zhaitan he was. He bore the dragon’s vision and can now talk about how it felt to be connected to an elder dragon much like Glint. I just see a lot of similarities between the two and then to have Reza appear just before Path of Fire...

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Was it the magic in general that caused them to go insane or the fact that it was bloodstone magic? I can't remember back when it all started if it was the general excess magic or the fact that it was bloodstone which had been infused with souls for however long.

I guess magic is magic.

Initially it was presented as the Maguuma Bloodstone's magic, and indeed that Bloodstone seems far more addictive than either the Ring of Fire Bloodstone (as shown with Captain Grumby's ghost) or magic in general. However, it turns out it's magic in general. The basis behind the bounties in PoF and Season 4 is that individuals had come into contact with excessive ley energy and have been driven mad by the exposure.

The Commander almost suffered the same fate.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:As to the rest of this thread, although it's possible we could find another dragon champion at some point, how would we free their will if the forgotten are truly completely extinct? And would they really go down this plot again with Aurene having already taken this spotlight?

Quite a few ways. While the Forgotten are gone, they did teach the Exalted some of their tricks. Furthermore, the Altar of Glaust still exists and is usable, by all knowledge. We also found alternative methods of purifying dragon corruption: via the Pale Tree (in the case of Orr at least), via the stuff we fed Mawdrey, and most recently via Rose Quartz + refined light.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I do find it hard to believe the forgotten are COMPLETELY extinct but that's probably just blind hope that somewhere there's some ancient ruins hidden like Tarir full of forgotten that have just avoided being hunted and stayed intentionally cut off from everyone else. (I guess theoretically if Aurene did take over Kralk's position she would have control over the branded forgotten and those could perform the ritual they used to free Glint?)

Forgotten in Tyria are extinct. But keep in mind that a majority of their population in GW1 were serving the gods in the Mists. We don't know their fates.

@"Tyson.5160" said:What is the alternative? Cleansing one of the undead dragons like Tequatl? Seems like a lot of story steps unless they pull a “oh by the way we cleansed an undead dragon.” I suppose we could have any kind of dragon replace Zhaitan or any other being that can share magic, not sure who that would be. Reza just seems so convenient to me. Seeing how connected to Zhaitan he was. He bore the dragon’s vision and can now talk about how it felt to be connected to an elder dragon much like Glint. I just see a lot of similarities between the two and then to have Reza appear just before Path of Fire...

Well, there are the Bone Dragons and other corpses we had which remain unaccounted for. Wyverns are often called dragons and may be viable too. Then there are the many dragon species of Cantha such as Saltspray Dragons, Dragon Mosses, and Rockhide Dragons. Not to mention Kuunavang and Albax themselves.

Reza, all the same, is a ghost. And a human ghost at that. And we know how massive amounts of magic affect ghosts. I don't think that Reza being stuck inside a corrupted corpse will change anything.

But I think the whole "what's the alternative" will be a major plot point once we solve Aurene getting into dragonhood. Unless they alter the perception of the story and make it notable that it's possible for one Elder Dragon to tie to multiple spheres after all, and not just steal the magic of the sphere like Primordus, Jormag, and Kralkatorrik has done, thus keeping the All in balance with a singular ultra-Elder Dragon.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

Reza, all the same, is a ghost. And a human ghost at that. And we know how massive amounts of magic affect ghosts. I don't think that Reza being stuck inside a corrupted corpse will change anything.

True, true, but perhaps since Reza was in a corrupted body may mean that he is used to absorbing magic as Dragon minions are known to do. Heck, look where we fight The Sovereign Eye, right in the pool or source of Orr’s magic. Reza could have immunity to this magic sickness/madness.

AH! I know why we should go to Cantha. Aurene replaces Kralk, we still need three more dragons to replace the 3 EDs. Two of them will likely/should be not based in GW1, but - what about the last one? We should go to Cantha to find Kuunavang. It’d be an interesting dynamic, breaking into a xenophobic nation to find a dragon, probably becoming involved in helping them get back into a better lifestyle, all that stuff

@Fenom.9457 said:AH! I know why we should go to Cantha. Aurene replaces Kralk, we still need three more dragons to replace the 3 EDs. Two of them will likely/should be not based in GW1, but - what about the last one? We should go to Cantha to find Kuunavang. It’d be an interesting dynamic, breaking into a xenophobic nation to find a dragon, probably becoming involved in helping them get back into a better lifestyle, all that stuff

Technically, they would need two, one for Zhaitan and one for Mordremoth, hence why my line of thinking was Reza, ex Dragon Champion/ Lieutenant (Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan) and the Pale Tree for Mordremoth. Another thing to be noted is these entities are going to be taking over these magical spheres, so it would make sense for Aurene to take over Kralkatorik’s position as the Crystal Elder, Pale Tree to take over Mordremoth being that she created from Mordremoth and a plant and lastly Reza for Zhaitan the Elder undead dragon.

What’s particularly interesting about Reza and orrian royals for that matter is they are reclaiming some of the Risen. Reclaimed Wraiths for that matter, which are being purified by Ley magic and seem to be serving the royalty, which is a very strange detail to show.

Just for a reference, here is the dialogue of the balance of Tyrian magic from the way forward.

Cinematic upon activating the final pedestal:Sadizi: The millennia-long Elder Dragon cycle is one of feast and famine. Ravenous, they rise. Sated, they sleep.Sadizi: Glint and the Forgotten set out to break this cycle of extremes and to restore true balance.Sadizi: But when two Elder Dragons were unexpectedly eliminated from the cycle at one time, we believe it created a void.Sadizi: A void that caused the system to break down and the collapse to begin.Sadizi: The hope was that Glint's legacy would stabilize the cycle.Sadizi: We theorize these vacancies must be filled with entities that circulate and share magic rather than hoard it.Sadizi: Only then will the balance of magic truly become stable. Only then will Glint's legacy achieve its ultimate purpose.

as @MightyTeapot said on Twitch, Guild Wars 2: Factions !!! live up to the name :p :p :p

since race dispute aren't really a thing anymore, i wanna see anet reused personal story's faction alignment, make Vigil, Order of Whispers, and Durmand Priory having a three way war with each other; let's destroy Lion's Arch and rebuild it again, getting tired of the aquatic theme.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:make Vigil, Order of Whispers, and Durmand Priory having a three way war with each other;That would be boring and pointless. There is no reason for the three orders to fight each other, especially after the success they have had already.

More then likely we will have more conflict between the order of whispers and the order of shadows given their tumultuous relationship.

@Tyson.5160 said:More then likely we will have more conflict between the order of whispers and the order of shadows given their tumultuous relationship.Yes, this is highly likely. Future non-dragon antagonist factions I could see occurring are the Ministry of Purity, and the Kurzicks/Luxons whenever we go to Cantha.

Though, at this point, I struggle to think of a major enemy faction for any future central Tyria content that isn't dragon related.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:I could. I really don't see them doing an expansion for Kralkatorik. While Path of Fire was about stopping Balthazar, Balthazar's goal was to kill Kralkatorik and take his power, thus we ended up doing most of the things that would be expected of a Kralkatorik themed expansion. We went to Glint's lair, saw her memories, and destroyed the dragonblood spear. We met Vlast, he died, we read his memories, and went to his home of Kesho. We learned Kralkatorik's unique weakness, which is his own power. Aurene came, got dragon-napped by Balthazar, got used by Balthazar in an attempt to kill Kralkatorik, and them absorbed a ton of energy from Balthazar's death, causing her to rapidly grow. And LWS4's mastery tract is based around Aurene harnessing her new power. If I were to compare how far we were in the Kralkatorik story to that of Zhaitan and Mordremoth, we would be in Cursed Shore/Dragon Stand right about to enter Arah or Mordremoth's mind. Really, all we need to do is call up Logan and ask him to bring the Pact down here so he can use that endless army of redshirts to distract Kralkatorik's forces while we use some mcguffin to zap Kralktorik's power into Aurene.

You're forgetting that we still need to figure out how to neutralize Kralkatorrik without ending the world. This is a big thing that we've not even touched upon yet. If we assume Season 4 will be the same length as Season 3 (which is more likely than not though I'd prefer Seasons to be 9 episodes long regularly, as Season 3 suffered due to lack of length), then there simply will not be enough time to focus on defeating Joko, discovering how to save the world, and then making the push against Kralkatorrik. We would
have
to finish Joko next episode, or find out what we need to know in some super contrived Mordremoth's-weakness kind of way which is just bad writing.

I suspect that Kralkatorrik brands Joko, it then pulls Jokos story arc into Kralkatorrik’s. Now you are trying to take out both of them which is completing a single goal or objective. The reason I think he will be branded is a small piece of dialogue from eye of the Brandstorm.

If chose to side with Joko:The Awakened fought well at first, but...it was almost as if the dragon targeted them specifically. Now that they're all Branded, we're overwhelmed!

Seems Kralkatorrik is targeting the Awakened to bolster his ranks and they seem to be the dominate army in the area, since the Forged were defeated.

@Tyson.5160 said:I suspect that Kralkatorrik brands Joko, it then pulls Jokos story arc into Kralkatorrik’s. Now you are trying to take out both of them which is completing a single goal or objective. The reason I think he will be branded is a small piece of dialogue from eye of the Brandstorm.I highly doubt Joko will get branded, I doubt even more that Joko will even actually get removed from power at all.

At best, the Elona storyline ends with us having helped rebuild the Sunspears, reformed the Order of Whispers/Shadows, and leaving them in a position to mount a larger rebellion against Joko, with the idea that Elona is headed to a better path. The problem with removing Joko is that hes been in power so long, that removing him just creates a massive vacuum for someone else who is just as bad to step in, which has happened numerous times when real world dictators are quickly overthrown.