Problem when logging out

Quite often, when I want to log out or exit to desktop, the game freezes and stays like that. When I look at the task manager it says that GW2 is not responding. After I end the game via task manager, the next time I want to log in I get the notification that the game needs repairing because it wasn't properly shut down the last time I played.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Yes, I always wait for the system to finish the repair. Just to be clear, the automatic repair is done by Arena Net, not by Windows. After that the game is running normally and there are no changes. Of course, I checked if something was wrong with my computer, but I found nothing out of the ordinary. I hope this won't have any negative influence on the game at one point.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I will have to contact the "Support" if this continues.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have found some solution to this. Like I said, the game freezes when I want to log out or quit to desktop. But when I go to character select and log out from that screen I exit the game normally. I don't know why is that, but for now it seems to be working.

I started having this problem earlier. I logged out of the game but instead of just shutting down it just froze and was not responding. When I opened the client again it shows the error and says the data archive needs to be repaired. I allowed it to repair but then encountered the same problem after.

I do hope this gets resolved as it's tedious having to wait for the game to "repair" itself every time I start it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure what exactly it is repairing. Once, when I waited for the game to repair, an error occurred and the reparation couldn't be made. Then, when I started the game again, it didn't ask to be repaired. The game run normally, and there was nothing out of the ordinary.In any case, it seems I do not have this problem anymore. Yesterday when I tried to exit to desktop the game did not freeze. Maybe they solved this question.

• 10 months later...

I used to have that issue a lot and it mainly happened in full game mode were i switched it to window mode and i dont get the issue any more. If this does not help you you can uninstal and reinstal a freesh copy to try to fix the issue. That is the only ways i know of fixing the dum crash from the loging out.

• 1 year later...

Going to play the part of Necromancer and raise this from the dead.I am having the precise same symptoms with the exact same work around.If I go to Character Select I can quit, otherwise the game hangs and freezes most other things as wellUnable to "End Task" in Task Manager because it doesn't allow me to interact with it.