List what changes for quality of life you'd love to see — Guild Wars 2 Forums

List what changes for quality of life you'd love to see

Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ok so i want everyone here to list some quality of life changes they would love to see for ele wether it be core/tempest or weaver.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

Comments

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

These are great ideas, keep em coming folks

• I only play PVP so this may or may not apply to any PVE players out there but

Perhaps something could be done about fire staff 3, it just seems low impact unless your using it for Burning Rage

Another change would be making Ice Storm more useful it might be because I use staff so I have frozen ground which does the exact same thing but it just seems like ice storm offers nothing special in comparison to the other ones.

I was kind of wondering about the ice elemental ability.Yeah healing has plenty of uses, but i never use the ice abilities.Its always:use heal move on to fire or lightning bam kill them.Even earth abilities i use more often because you got blind and magnetic shield and a ton of stability.

• @Axl.8924 said:
    I was kind of wondering about the ice elemental ability.Yeah healing has plenty of uses, but i never use the ice abilities.Its always:use heal move on to fire or lightning bam kill them.Even earth abilities i use more often because you got blind and magnetic shield and a ton of stability.

Ice ele abilities in general? or for a specific weapon or utility?

@secretsauce.7689 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Ice abilties specifically for staff i never use.Never used it on scepter either though.
    I'd also love to know what you guys think of it.Is it fine as is? or would you change it?

• secretsauce.7689secretsauce.7689 Member ✭✭
    edited February 12, 2018

@Axl.8924 said:

@secretsauce.7689 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Ice abilties specifically for staff i never use.Never used it on scepter either though.
    I'd also love to know what you guys think of it.Is it fine as is? or would you change it?

Water staff is very strong in my opinion, lots of self or team sustain even if you don't have the healing power for it + frost aura application at will is pretty good, not to mention team wide condi removal from Healing Rain can really swing fights in certain matchups.

As for water scepter I can't really say as I do not use scepter, Shatterstone seems decent for aoe pressure since it can pretty much have 100% uptime, it would probably be better if it were a blast finisher but I am not sure how strong that would be. Water Trident seems fine to me.

This is all from a PVP perspective though ^

• Less reliance on the water line. Making traits that synergize super well (ahemwovenstrideahem) with water doesn't help us one bit. We want things that synergize with other lines.

This is my signature.

• MeatHugger.5768MeatHugger.5768 Member ✭✭
    edited February 12, 2018
    • Revert recent change to Burning Speed (can't shorten it)
    • Rework Unravel to something like:
      Fully attune to your main hand element once.
      1s cooldown
      10s charge time

• Add some more utility to Weaver main hand dagger

• Condi removal outside of Water trait line

• Faster projectiles on staff and FGS (so they can hit moving targets)
    • Improve reliability to hit your target with certain skills when turning (Fire Grab, Cone of Cold/Drake's Breath)
    • Reduce the volume of Dragon's Claw
  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

All wepon skills that have 0 cast time have realty 0 cast time so updraft should not have its weird delay on it and be usable when your stunned.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

@MeatHugger.5768 said:

• Revert recent change to Burning Speed (can't shorten it)
    • Rework Unravel to something like:
      Fully attune to your main hand element once.
      1s cooldown
      10s charge time

• Add some more utility to Weaver main hand dagger

• Condi removal outside of Water trait line

• Faster projectiles on staff and FGS (so they can hit moving targets)
    • Improve reliability to hit your target with certain skills when turning (Fire Grab, Cone of Cold/Drake's Breath)
    • Reduce the volume of Dragon's Claw

Please anet make this happen? pretty please?

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

condi clear options not tied to Cleansing Water
    Signet of Water was an ok start. Not great, but ok. Next cleansing fire needs a buff or rework (it is demonstrably worse than similar skills on other classes), and there needs to be another skill, and/or some other traits.

Also make dagger and staff actually usable on weaver outside of situations where you have zero need to access the defensive or utility skills (ie playing dps in a raid). Buffing unravel to the above would be an easy way to do this. Making unravel last 5 seconds just for the sake of consistency with the other 5 second stances is unnecessarily crippling. It actually makes it less useful.

@Punch.4231 said:
    A low duration pulse would limit the opportunity to tempest boon copy to your group perma resistance (although other professions can do this already).

tempest can't boonshare resistance anyway. or anything at all other than might and fury

• @reikken.4961 said:
    Signet of Water was an ok start. Not great, but ok. Next cleansing fire needs a buff or rework (it is demonstrably worse than similar skills on other classes), and there needs to be another skill, and/or some other traits.

Also make dagger and staff actually usable on weaver outside of situations where you have zero need to access the defensive or utility skills (ie playing dps in a raid). Buffing unravel to the above would be an easy way to do this. Making unravel last 5 seconds just for the sake of consistency with the other 5 second stances is unnecessarily crippling. It actually makes it less useful.

@Punch.4231 said:
    A low duration pulse would limit the opportunity to tempest boon copy to your group perma resistance (although other professions can do this already).

tempest can't boonshare resistance anyway. or anything at all other than might and fury

Shows you how much time I've given tempest. Thanks.

• LoS on sand shades. I mean as an aoe attack, how can it be obstructed if a small gentle slope no higher than my ankle is in between the enemy and the scourge? Sand shades aren't allowed on walls but oil from the pot of oil on top of gates can? Wheres the logic on that? Also remove the 0.5s lag on sand shades and the horrible red marks it emits. I upgraded my pc from a 1100T to a 1800X in Dec and didn't feel any lag in wvw at max settings until the last update. Everyone has lag problems in wvw now not to mention the blaring red marks covering up every other enemy attacks. Of course that could be a plus for a mega scourge blob xD

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2018

Slots for cosmetic items like the potions that give you horns, halos, and hearts. Also, make these slots automatically use the item. Pretty tiresome having to carry these items in my backpack and having to reuse them every time I zone.

No longer posting or playing.

• Echoherb.6528Echoherb.6528 Member ✭✭✭

buff the underwater abilities significantly

• Uriel.6310Uriel.6310 Member ✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018

@reikken.4961 said:

I agree, condi clear seems to be a general issue for elementalist overall. So there should definitely be another way to handle them outside of the water traitline., cleansing water, diamond skin (which seems really useless to me) or phoenix. I wouldn't mind seeing at least 1-2 abilities per attunment that could handled condis or even reduced their duration.

• I would like our teleport utility to not require a ground path and would like to be able to use skills like RTL when jumping or in the air.

I am a returning player from about 3 years ago and I thought I remember being able to use RTL after jumping or when I was falling. Was this a purposeful change at some point or am I just remembering incorrectly?

• I have 2 sugestions:

• fury on demand - not passive proc - something to make amulet's without 50% crit usable and amulet's over 50% crit chance reliable.
      Reason: sword is already slow so not getting crit on fire grab or churning earth really is frustrating in pvp and punish us for our amount effort to land it

• quickness on demand - to work around generally slow weaver combos in pvp.

• MrMojoRisin.7364MrMojoRisin.7364 Member ✭✭✭

more free character slots!!

• eaman.7562eaman.7562 Member ✭✭
    edited March 5, 2018

Weapon swap: elementalist can't switch to ranged / melee, this make melee almost useless and the class just stupid complicated compared to other classes. A DPS that can't adapt to ranged / melee mutation in a event when sword damage is subpar? Why?

Single attune with no cool down: again weaver has less versatility than core Elementalist, I can't use my 4/5 skill when I need them and I'm forced to stick to a complicated rotation. Double attunement should be something MORE not something that make elementalist even more cumbersom and over complicated, unravel is just the proof of this bad design.

2 decent elite skills in place of Tornado and Weave Self.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

Cleanse outside water line and water skills. More stuff like magnetic wave.

Give tempest real boon support like stab and quickness and not this spam boons that every class gives out. Make ele do real dmg with the -33% protection in mind becuse ele has no means of dealing with boons. Make staff faster.

More then any thing a quality of life i would love to see is STOP BALANCING THE GAME ON RAIDS.

• HyperLooser.2698HyperLooser.2698 Member ✭✭✭

make sword weaver better, and don't ignore lighting attunement and give us a proper condi cleanse utility, so we can have more variety in builds. A class which has like so many skills, yet has so few viable different builds.

• @Bamm.6975 said:
    I would like our teleport utility to not require a ground path and would like to be able to use skills like RTL when jumping or in the air.

I am a returning player from about 3 years ago and I thought I remember being able to use RTL after jumping or when I was falling. Was this a purposeful change at some point or am I just remembering incorrectly?

You are correct. IIRC, the reasoning behind removing it was because eles could use RTL midair to reach places we weren't supposed to. Now that we can use mounts and gliders nearly everywhere, this is rather moot, so it should be restored.

And, I know the horse is a fine paste by now, but I want OOC weapon swap.

I would ask that Anet please not nerf air which hurts core and tempest.I want air to be viable power build.

• Most scourge skills target 5 players and don't root them. Meteor shower should be able to hit 5 targets and should NO LONGER ROOT us. I would like to request for some abilities to either corrupt boons too or reflect conditions back to their source.

@Mighty Sorceress.2387 said:
    Most scourge skills target 5 players and don't root them. Meteor shower should be able to hit 5 targets and should NO LONGER ROOT us. I would like to request for some abilities to either corrupt boons too or reflect conditions back to their source.

The root is because of the channeling effect we have while casting meteor.What you have to do then is eliminate the channeling.

• Well, I can't list specific changes like the ones mentioned above, but I'd like to see more weapon choices available for Eles, like Hammer and/or Longbow as Two-Handed, Axe and/or Mace as Main-hand, Shield and/or Torch as Off-hand. I'm aware this is practically impossible by now but I'll just keep dreaming ^-^

• caveman.5840caveman.5840 Member ✭✭✭

a sword skin that is a soggy noodle so I can be a walking meme

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. I think the core spec is severely underpowered and needs a lot of love.
    2. Scepter/dagger builds could use some improvements for PvP/WvW. Especially Dragon's Tooth is has suck a long animation (the huge tooth spinning and falling) that it is hard to actually hit players with it.
    3. I would like to see some decent passive survivability improvements to Elementalists who spec in Water and Earth. Water could bring a health boost and regeneration or cleansing and earth a toughness/armor boost and some partial invulnerabilities (% wise)

Too often I get surprised by high-damage professions and get downed before I know it.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

edited March 21, 2018

Make atuments have real variation on attks right now say dagger you have 4 melee attks from 4 different atuments why is that why not make 2 of them real ranged attks 900 ish and the other 2 melee. Ele has no wepon swap so they are locked in to a wepon type. I know Anet is more imitative then my fire melee attk vs my air melee attk vs my mid ranged water attk vs my mid ranged earth attk. There is keeping with the ideal of the wepon and then there laziness from the game makers.

Same with staff i would love to see a fast melee attk on one of its atuments scepter needs a good melee attk and sword needs a good ranged attk.

Come on Anet i though artiest where an imitative group of ppl i just do not see it with this ele is a magic i mean THE magic class there no reason why an ele cant throw its dagger/sword hit ppl with its staff/scepter.

• chris.6583chris.6583 Member ✭✭

just regularize Meteor Shower area/damage already, for a big kitten aoe skill sometimes hits nothing even if there is a group of mobs they move to an area where they dont get hit, only if you use it under a boss like teq, and even if it hits is not like it will be more op or nerfed that is already and if it is they can just fix the damage between pvp/wvw/pve

• Mithos.9023Mithos.9023 Member ✭✭✭

There are many skills that could use some qol update. Two that always come to my mind are Gust and Shock Wave.
    Gust simply doesn't deserve its name. It doesn't feel powerful at all and on top has a miserable visual. In its current state it simply misses most of the time. It is even stated in the wiki: "The projectile moves very slowly, making the skill unpractical against moving enemies; it is only reliable at point-blank range."
    A skill were opponents simply can walk out of range seems in a need of an update. Especially as having a skill on a long range weapon that simply can't hit anything at range seems pointless.
    My idea is this skill should be more like Mesmer Gs 5. Smaller cone of course, but it would help this skill so much.

The same can be said about Shock Wave. It seemed to be designed to keep enemies away from you at range, but unless they are, again at point-blank range you won't hit anything. And it has the same underwhelming visual.
    Don't have many ideas with this one, maybe change it to something like Revenant hammer 2?

• Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2018

@caveman.5840 said:
    a sword skin that is a soggy noodle so I can be a walking meme

Good news!
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silly_Scimitar_Skin

• Allarius.5670Allarius.5670 Member ✭✭✭

I would like to see a rework to conjures. Remove stat bonuses, cast time, and additional ground weapon; add 2 charges at 30 sec charge recovery (90 for elite), and accessing the conjure consumes a charge.

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheSwede.9512 said:

Core Skills

• Cleansing Fire - Burning reduced from 2 stacks for 6s to 1 stack for 5s. Now stacks additional Burning for each Condition removed. Cooldown reduced to 30s.
    • Armor of Earth - Stability reduced from 10 stacks to 5 stacks in PvP/WvW. Cooldown reduced to 40s in PvP/WvW.
    • Mist Form - Now additionally Heals yourself and nearby Allies when leaving Mist form. Base Healing: 2.300 (x0.8). Movement Speed Increase reduced to 33% in PvP/WvW. Cooldown reduced from 60s to 50s in PvP/WvW.
    • Glyph of Elemental Harmony - Now grants Vigor for 8s rather than Might for 20s when used in Fire Attunement.

Core Traits

• Fire: Burning Fire - Changed functionality. Now activates Lesser Cleansing Fire when you activate your Healing Skill. Burning reduced from 3 stacks for 4s to 1 stack for 5s. Now stacks additional Burning for each Condition removed.
    • Fire: Burnout (NEW) - Replaces Blinding Ashes. Remove a Condition and Burn (1 stack, 6s) nearby enemies when you apply Vigor to yourself. Radius: 240. Internal Cooldown: 10s.
    • Air: Inscription - Change to Boons granted when a Glyph is used, depending on Attunement.

• Fire Attunement: Might (3 stacks, 8s)
      • Water Attunement: Vigor (4s)
      • Air Attunement: Quickness (3s)
      • Earth Attunement: Resistance (2s)
    • Earth: Rock Solid - Changed Functionality. Moved to Adept. Increases the duration of Defensive Boons on you (Protection, Stability, Resistance) and grants you Toughness equal to 7% of your Vitality. Duration Increase: 20%.

• Earth: Earth's Embrace - Changed functionality. Moved to Master. Now activates Lesser Armor of Earth when attuning to Earth while below the Health Threshold. Lesser Armor of Earth only grants 2 stacks of Stability and Protection for 4s, and does not Break Stun. Health Threshold: 50%. Internal Cooldown reduced to 60s.
    • Earth: Diamond Skin - Changed Functionality. Now grants Resistance (3s) when you gain Protection. Internal Cooldown: 20s.
    • Water: Stop, Drop and Roll - Changed Functionality. Now removes a Damaging Condition from all nearby allies on a Dodge roll.

Tempest Skills

• Heat Sync - Now additionally applies Vigor (3s) to yourself and copies Vigor to allies as well.
    • Water Globe - Additionally Cleanses a Condition on Allies in range with each Pulse. Healing reduced by 15%. Cooldown increased to 40s.
    • Lightning Orb - Now additionally Blocks Projectiles and acts as a Lightning Field. Radius: 180.

Tempest Traits

• Latent Stamina - Changed Functionality. Grant Vigor (3s) and restore Endurance to allies when attuning to Water. Endurance restored: 25. Internal Cooldown: 10s.
    • Tempestuous Aria - Changed functionality. Increases the duration of Auras, Conditions and Buffs applied by Shout Skills by 20%. Shout skills affect a great radius. Radius Increase: 50%.
    • Lucid Invigoration - Replaces Lucid Singularity. Vigor you apply now Heals allies and reduces the duration of Incoming Movement-inhibiting Conditions by 33%. Overloads now grants Vigor (3s) to Allies on Activation. Healing per Vigor: 365 (x0.7). Internal Cooldown on Healing: 3s.

I like these a lot. You have good judgment in balance.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• obcan.1470obcan.1470 Member ✭✭
    edited March 29, 2018

Increase animation speed of all sword skills and dagger of-hand skills. Honestly ele in PvP feels like turtle but without shell. Also make conjure weapons a freaking ammo mechanic already. 2 stacks, you spawn 1 in hand, if you spawn another one with bow in hand already, youll spawn it on the spot with your cursor on. No more conjures grabbing, no more conjures stealing, no more ended friendships.

• Allarius.5670Allarius.5670 Member ✭✭✭

I would like to see access to an aura on scepter to broaden its functionality, trait synergy, and utility. I was thinking a way to do this would be to add it to Dragon's Tooth by having the skill grant a fire aura to all allies caught in the final blast.

• Wolfric.9380Wolfric.9380 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2018

oh i would realy like aura on scepter :-). Preferable light aura not fire ^^.
    Rebound would be great if changed. Instant, 45s recharge, stunbreak and a flat out light aura on cast + the heal. Then we have a good elite.

• Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

GIVE ME STAFF ELE BUFF PLS!

Broski Supreme - Borsk Carry Effect

To have a recording of the Anet devs play ele and its elite spec in all the game types not just pve steams.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.