I would really love Anet to take a second pass at underwater content. Revamp it, rebalance it, add some new features, maybe new weapons and underwater mount? Ideally this would come with a largely underwater expansion starring Bubbles, set far far below in the unending ocean.
So few games have underwater content that it’s a shame Anet has more or less ignored it since release. It’s a very unique mode of gameplay and could be improved on! I really love exploring underwater environments and I think there’s a lot of design potential there.
Revamping underwater play/Bubbles expansion ideas:
- Rebalancing of underwater skills and weapons
- Add new weapons/skills for underwater play
- Create trait lines/specializations for underwater combat
- Create elite specs that excel underwater (Siren spec for Mesmers anyone?)
- Add underwater mount for quick travel in large underwater environments (giant eel, shark, dolphin, TURTLE, OCTOPUS?!?!)
- Mastery track for underwater (faster movement, controlling currents, etc)
- Creepy Cthulhu inspired minions for Bubbles. Make Bubbles a mysterious Lovecraftian entity we only see as an ominous glowing-eyed silhouette in the deepest depths of the ocean.
- Ripping off Zelda: metal boots that allow us to explore certain areas of underwater maps on foot
- Develop Largos culture and their struggle against Bubbles. Include “lesser” aquatic races tied to Bubbles that were pushed from the deep ocean long ago (Quaggan, Krait, etc)
Add your ideas to the thread!