Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED]

@"Frostroses.4196" said:Can't even connect to subdomain http://support.guildwars2.com/ without VPN (the main domain is okay).

guildwars2.com (Amazon), support.guildwars2.com -> help.guildwars2.com (Zendesk) and these forums (Vanilla) are all hosted by different companies in different locations.

If you can't connect to https://help.guildwars2.com, either your DNS is outdated, or you can't connect to Zendesk (ping 192.161.156.1).

It seems that a lot of SEA/OCX players are having similar issues. The symptoms are very similar; we start to experience what looks like one-sided lag. We can see enemies and other players carrying out actions in real time with no slowdown, and we also have no FPS drop whatsoever. However, the game does not register any of our own actions. Usually the chat server is working fine as well, as I've been able to carry on no-lag conversations with my teammates who inform me that I'm just standing there in the middle of the previous room even though on my screen I'm right with my party in the next area trying to (unsuccessfully) use my skills on the boss. I have a friend who recently moved from Canada to Australia for studies, and she says she's been getting these issues too when she'd never experienced anything like it back in Canada. Ping-wise, we see our pings shoot up to as high as 3k or even 4k, but most often it yoyo's up and down between 500-800.

I'd like to be able to trace where exactly the fault lies so as to provide ANet with more information on how they can help fix this. Any suggestions for a good free pingtrace software I can use?

Everyone of us spend for the DLC and only some of us having this issue, kinda unfair.Cmon Anet at least a reply knowing you already know about this issue still looks more like you have already acknowledge it.I'm not rushing on anyone.. i'm just upset not able to enjoy gw2

There are alot of weird lag spikes ever since they moved the servers, I tried to play at different timings to clear dailies. But it had worsened for me the past few days. It is intermittent lag spikes and disconnections here as well. In Singapore.

Do we have any official word on what the 'recommended' specs are to run GW2 PoF? We have the min specs ( https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements ) but that doesn't help me much. I've recently tried running on LOW settings rather than AutoDetect, mainly because even outside of the main cities out in the desert in PoF, the FPS was beyond horrible. Thing is, the game looks like garbage at LOW settings.

So I need to know if it is time I upgrade my computer (that plays Fallout 4 at Ultra setting and had no trouble playing WoW Legion btw), or if that won't have any impact, it's better I just hit uninstall on GW2 and walk away before I've invested any more time into a poorly optimized game.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Do we have any official word on what the 'recommended' specs are to run GW2 PoF? We have the min specs ( https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements ) but that doesn't help me much. I've recently tried running on LOW settings rather than AutoDetect, mainly because even outside of the main cities out in the desert in PoF, the FPS was beyond horrible. Thing is, the game looks like garbage at LOW settings.

So I need to know if it is time I upgrade my computer (that plays Fallout 4 at Ultra setting and had no trouble playing WoW Legion btw), or if that won't have any impact, it's better I just hit uninstall on GW2 and walk away before I've invested any more time into a poorly optimized game.

Do yourself a favor and walk away. There have been complaints about poor optimization since year one of GW2, they don't have the time and money to invest into improving the engine with a dwindling player base.

I recently came back to try the new LS release, however disappointing it was, and I was sad to see how awful this game runs. My computer is way above what should be necessary to max this game (Vega 64 and 7800x @ 4.6), and yet I still find myself dropping into the 30s and 40s in all of the new maps. Nothing can be done save GW3 on an entirely new engine/api.

Hello! For a while my game FPS drops to 1 and ping 1400 (normal around 100). It happens from the start or after afk a while. During this issue, CPU load is about 50% and memory usage around 3,5k GB. Before this problem the game always worked just fine, at near max settings.

1. When did this issue first start?

• After the Living World Season 4, Episode 2 update.

2. Has it been consistent across time, or has it become worse lately? Or has it come and gone (been intermittent) over time ?

• It's intermittent and sometimes I need to restart the game or the computer to solve it.

3. What is your general geographical location?

• Romania - 300MB connection

4. On what game world are you playing?

• Ruins of Surmia

Thank you.