Post your Mesmer pics here - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Post your Mesmer pics here

Comments

• FeelsGoodMan

• my sylvari in tier 2 cult armour

sylvari in tier 2 cult armour

• how do you all get such good screen shots?

• Anela.3867Anela.3867 Member ✭✭✭

@AmisAmai.5329 said:

@MrMojoRisin.7364 said:
    how do you all get such good screen shots?

couple of tips!!

• you can change the format your screenshots save in so you don't get lossy jpeg quality. right click on GW2 on your desktop, go to properties and add -bmp to the target. your screenshots will now save as bmp format which is lossless!
    • ctrl + h gets rid of the UI for you so you don't have to worry about it getting in the way!
    • mess around with camera settings in options ie FOV, vertical and horizontal position and such
    • do anything with your character. take screenshots during fights, when you're running, make use of the emotes! just MASH the screenshot button until you get a image you like
    • if you want to boost colours at all, i do recommend downloading reshade which is what i use to make the screenshots pop. however, reshade can cause some lag when it's running and will load all the textures and such when you move to a new map
    • photoshop or any photo editing software is your friend. it's great for adding little touchups . there are a tooooooon of tutorials online if you need help!!

hope this advice is useful <3

Thank you for the help as I was wondering the same thing. Can you please elaborate on changing format? In the Target box I have "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe".

• @Anela.3867 said:
    Thank you for the help as I was wondering the same thing. Can you please elaborate on changing format? In the Target box I have "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe".

no problem!!

so right after "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" just type in -bmp right after the closing quotation mark as shown here:

(obviously my file location is different but the concept is still the same)
    that's all you need to do to change the format :3

★★ Amis ★★ Underworld ★★ GW2 Blog ★★

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2018

@MrMojoRisin.7364 said:
    how do you all get such good screen shots?

I use Fraps (have had a licence for years) and just spam the capture hotkey while doing something on screen. It's how I got that axe 2 action still on page 1 - I captured dozens of images and repeated it at many different camera angles to try and get a nice trail to show up. Axe 2's animation is really weird and awesome if you either video it or take loads of stills to see each frame - the character and weapon rotation isn't what I expected it to be when up to speed!

I mean sure I could do burst capture to get a perfect action still but I'm not that fussy.

In addition make sure to toggle off your HUD (look for the keybind in your control options). and then practice rotating and zooming the camera for a nice angle.

The last part is creative - as AmisAmai said, try emotes, jumping, moving, idle animations, weapon skills, etc - find some animation you like and get a good angle on it in a nice location then take loads of images on repeat until you get one you like. :)

For the record I never use any third party visual enhancements, and never edit the images afterwards beyond cropping/resizing. I kind of like the built in post processing and other visual options already in gw2.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Anela.3867Anela.3867 Member ✭✭✭

@AmisAmai.5329 said:

@Anela.3867 said:

no problem!!

so right after "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" just type in -bmp right after the closing quotation mark as shown here:

(obviously my file location is different but the concept is still the same)
    that's all you need to do to change the format :3

That worked! Thank you so much!

• La Sirena.6873La Sirena.6873 Member ✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018

heres my cute Mesmer

• @Khyber.1284 said:
    My mesmer(s) Giovanna and Khyber. Decided its about time I have a female mes.
    (after 4058 edits: I would of resized them but it took me way to long to get these on here so eNjOy! :'^) )
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur

i dont suppose you can share with me the sliders for them huh? xD

• FLEUR.7458FLEUR.7458 Member ✭✭
    edited March 15, 2018

My Mesmer WAY back in 2013

My Mesmer now:

• Warlyx.6732Warlyx.6732 Member ✭✭
    edited March 19, 2018

@FLEUR.7458 said:
    My Mesmer now:

name of that chest item? :blush:

@Munkee.3542 said:
    I've since updated my Mesmer's look because I literally cannot help myself.

swords name please? :)

• RabbitUp.8294RabbitUp.8294 Member ✭✭✭

@Warlyx.6732 said:

Chest is Feathered Vestments, sword is the new legendary sword The Shining Blade.

• Tabasco.1743Tabasco.1743 Member ✭✭✭

@La Sirena.6873 said:

heres my cute Mesmer

LOL! I only just now noticed the Griffon baby, for the additional cuteness multiplier. +1

• Warlyx.6732Warlyx.6732 Member ✭✭

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@Warlyx.6732 said:

Chest is Feathered Vestments, sword is the new legendary sword The Shining Blade.

@Warlyx.6732 I was pleasantly surprised at how well the gen 2 legendary weapons came out, The shining Blade is actually more impressive than Bolt imo. Kinda looks like the Auric sword and a Merciless Sword had -very- shiny offspring. Might as well get started on those Mystic Clovers now.

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2018

My mesmers Chaed (pronounced 'shade') and Hanzo (my Hun-inspired norn).

mesmers1.jpg

edit: can't figure out how to get the image to show. -_-

@Svennis.3852 said:
    My mesmers Chaed (pronounced 'shade') and Hanzo (my Hun-inspired norn).

mesmers1.jpg

edit: can't figure out how to get the image to show. -_-

Hey Svennis. So long as you have the direct url to the jpeg, all you need to do is paste that into the image embed tool in the formatting bar when you post. It's the tiny landscape icon.

...Is what I would typically say, but I see that you did that when I quoted you.
    I dunno, The forum might still disallow images from postimage.org embedded in here?

Nice mesmers just the same ;)

Okay, let's try this with imgur!

edited May 21, 2018

Not really sure what I was going for here, just liked the grey/blue colour tones.

Edit - Deleted to thin out images.

• climhazzard.5897climhazzard.5897 Member
    edited March 29, 2018

Blindfolds are sexy. So is Wigned+Conjurers (Just ask the bunny girl above me).

• Closer shot.

• My battle mage.

edited May 21, 2018

Deleted to thin out images.

• My Chronomancer, Unending Paradox.

@Curunen.8729 lol, both sandy and celestially stylish :D

Alas I still haven't changed my mounts. It's tough, they did a bang up job on the normal appearance imo.

-
    ...aaand I forgot to turn off the UI lol, but whatev:

kitten, how large is your monitor! :o And with small UI as well. I love the first image in particular. Yeah basic mounts are beautiful - and actually I prefer the sound effects of the basic skimmer. The star one has a surprisingly annoying jingle (sounds like dumbbell chimes or similar glittery sound effect) every time you press the jump button. Compared with the whoosh sound effect of default skimmer, I prefer the default - nicer on the ears. At least the visuals make up for it but would love an option to set the sound effects to default. :)

Just thought that worth mentioning for anyone who is on the fence about the star skins and who may be bothered by this sound effect.

• Some time ago I found a cool transmog on gw2style, so I copied it but changed some small things. Still fussing with the gloves and headpiece, but I'm okayish with this for now.

• Reincarnatie.7254Reincarnatie.7254 Member ✭✭✭

Hrijn Eivorsdottir

Daughter of a skaald, Eivor, the 'Wailing Valkyrie of the Shiverpeaks' was known to many as a mirage flickering on a distant mountain-peak. When Hrijn was born, she was blessed by snow leopard but is a favourite of Raven. She is often heard in echoing hymns and sagas of the Spirits of the Wild in the valleys and vales that criss-cross the great mountain range--a past-time she once shared with her mother.

| Aivreanh - Spring - Firebrand | Lydaeia - Summer - Soulbeast | Éanhréina - Autumn - Tempest | Miaera - Winter - Spellbreaker | Ixyrra - Statics - Inventor | Ymrii - Synergetics - Reaper | Jeide Luen - Noble - Daredevil | Nayerlu Vespertine - Ash - Herald | Hrijn Eivorsdottir - Raven - Mirage |

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’d love to post mine later but need a reminder on how to get the image to show up here. I click the little chain link thing and post the imgur link but it only ever posts the link and not the picture.

@cptaylor.2670 said:
    I’d love to post mine later but need a reminder on how to get the image to show up here. I click the little chain link thing and post the imgur link but it only ever posts the link and not the picture.

I paste the direct link in the image drop down box (last icon on the right above the reply box).

@HisRoyalDudeness.8637
    How do you get such good, dynamic screenshots? ToT

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

The only pics i have seen are reincarnatie's- imgur has an invalid certificate warning and nothing loads from it. Unwilling to add a security exception to an unsecure website.

• Finally found the weapon that suits my outfit. :D

• A mount skin, purchased to match my Fashion Wars!
    My parents are no longer proud of me...

...but hey, they never were, so who the hell cares?

• Rebel.6419Rebel.6419 Member ✭✭

@Munkee.3542 said:

Unless something drastic happens, I don't think my Mesmer will be changing things up for a long time.

Can you share what styles those are? Human or Norn? TY

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2018

AARG cant delete the message :(

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.