Incredibly long loading times, maps not loading correctly/taking way too long to load.

Sabs.3962

My issues have evened out for the better part. There we're couple instances where this happened again. But now pretty smooth sailing. I was abit surprised to see this many additional cases of this issue. Really bummer. Also to add to datapile, for the person asking where from; I'm EU player myself (Finland)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running Mac.Created a new char. Can't get past the 'defense of Shaemoor' as loading screen is just black with "Queensdale".On log out/quit, takes me back to the beginning of the campaign. Literally unplayable. Other chars can't Tele to WP's. Same issue. :s

• 2 weeks later...

Been away from GW2 for a couple months, but came back few days ago - this has been happening to me too. The load times are 2-3 times longer (but oddly, not always - seems random) and maps load their assets, static meshes, etc. really slowly. And when you load to a new map and look at your hero panel, it takes up to a minute for the game to load my character in it. Also mounting the skimmer sometimes freezes my characters for couple seconds and then it pops out of the gound like it was no big deal.

I've always had longer load times, but it's been getting ridiculous lately. 5+ minute load times for the first zone I load into when I start playing. And even when I do load in, the rest of the world pops in piece by piece, just like in OP's picture. As I play, it eventually speeds up with zones loading fairly quickly after an hour or so of play, but it's a huge pain.

Without terrain or visible enemies you can sort of muddle by with auto-targeting. However, it gets really bad if you try to get on a mount in this state. With the old mount bug, if your mount didn't load in, the camera would stay stationary while your character scooted along the ground on their butt. Funny, and slightly annoying, but manageable. Now when my mount doesn't load in my character just sits on the ground and doesn't appear to be moving. In actuality they are, and when the mount finally loads in, or you decide to give up and dismount you'll be teleported somewhere down the road. Worse yet, if there was a hill in front of you, the vertical distance often seems to be ignored and when my mount pops in, I find myself falling beneath the map. Then the only way to get out is to WP, and you're back to waiting to load. I do find that the only way to avoid this is to do an airborne mount onto the griffon. That never seems to mess up.

@Feirlista Xv.1425 said:Check your hard drive space if it’s very low less then 20 or 30 gig, if so free up so space and your load time should increase. Also installing a solid state hard drive and reinstalling you OS and the game to it will increase load times dramatically.

I have about a terabyte of free space on my hd, which is less than year old. And if OS would be the reason for slow loading times, wouldn't that affect everything else too?

• 4 months later...

Do we have any solution for this problem? I´m having the exact same problems with a brand new and rlly expensive PC I bought a month ago. It can NEVER be my pc hardware causing these issues..everytime I port to a different map I always need to wait maybe 10 seconds for all the assets to be loaded..That´s rlly annoying..I can play every other game with the highest settings but gw2 is causing these problems :anguished:Since there seem to be many ppl having similar problems an official statement from the gw2 support would be nice :/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...