cheapest way to get 28 slot bags or 32slot bags

@"winterlove.6834" said:i did some searches one post said converting 3x18slot bags into a 28 how? from everything iv seen it looks like it would cost 50+ gold for a bag 28slot

There are no "cheap" ways. Just outrageously expensive and incredibly outrageously expansive.The 24-slot Gossamer bag is probably the least costly. Requires a 1g recipe to unlock & about 28 gold worth of mats. The 28-slot version requires about 63g worth of mats.

@winterlove.6834 said:i did some searches one post said converting 3x18slot bags into a 28 how? from everything iv seen it looks like it would cost 50+ gold for a bag 28slot

You can get a few via achievements for free, other than that it's actually cheaper to convert gold to gems and buy and extra inventory slot to use another free 20 slot fractal bag.

As far as I know, the only >20-slot bag you can get from an achievement is the Reinforced Olmakhan Bandolier (32-slot bag from LW 4.2, Sandswept Isles). Otherwise there's only one method to get any >20-slot bag, which is to craft it yourself from a 20-slot bag. There are a few variations along the way, such as obtaining materials yourself vs. buying them from the TP, but the cost doesn't vary much regardless.

I saw that forum post about the 3x 18-slot bags too, but I'm not aware of any such option.

1. Craft or buy the 20-slot version you want (that is, whichever one has the properties you want---generic, materials/upgrades, equipment, junk, invisibility, or containers). Some of them have different sub-types for different crafting disciplines, in which case choose whichever one you've already gotten to level 500 on some toon, or plan to. Otherwise go with either Armorsmith or Tailor, because Leatherworking materials are more expensive.
  2. Get to Crafting level 500 in the relevant discipline for that type of bag, on any toon.
  3. Buy the relevant 24-slot recipe from the TP (or gamble for it yourself in Desert Highlands, but the TP is about the same cost and easier)
  4. Craft the 24-slot version and make sure not to equip it yet (because 24-slot and 28-slot bags are Soulbound on equip!)
  5. Look up the discovery recipe for the 28-slot version on the Wiki and craft it. (Again, make sure not to equip yet)
  6. If you want 32 slots, get that thru discovery too
  7. Transfer the bag to the desired toon and then equip it

At current material prices, total costs for Tailor or Armorsmith related bags are approximately this (excluding recipes and Crafting leveling costs):20-slot = 10g24-slot = 30g28-slot = 65g32-slot = 150gLeatherworker bags will be a few gold higher due to high cost of leather.

There are cheap variants of the 20-slot bags, but apart from that one collection for one bag, 24 and more slots are only available through crafting. For each bigger bag, the price per slot doubles. Prices per slot as of 31.03.2018:

20-slot = 0,5g per slot24-slot = 1g 19s per slot28 slot = 2g 26s per slot32 slot = 4g 54s per slot

That means, for the price of one 32-slot bag (32 slots) you can get 14 20-slot bags (280 slots). I don't understand why anyone wants to get 32-slot bags before he maxed all inventory slots (up to 10) and got everything to 20-slot bags, then 24-slot bags, then 28-slot bags. Do you really need more than 280 slots? You can buy gems for gold and with this new inventory slots for 400 gems, that is still cheaper than crafting 32-slots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't look at the total costs per slot. I look at, "how many new slots do you get by building bigger bags?" If you already own 20-slot bags, then making a 32 slot bag means you're adding only 12 slots for 150g. Paying retail for a new bag slot is 400 gems, which is currently 120g (in the last 3 months, it's been as low as 105g). 20-slot bags cost 10-15g, depending on the source (sometimes less).

edited: updated the numbers to consistently use 10g for 20-slot bags & 120g for 400 gems

So to me, the alternatives for existing characters are:

• <130g: Increase by 20 slots (one new 20-slot bag, one new bag slot)
  • 300g: Increase by 24 slots (replacing two existing 20-slots with two 32-slot bags)
  • 270g: Increase by 20 slots (using five 24-slot bag replacements and one new bag slot)
  • 195g: Increase by 24 slots (with three 28-slot bag replacements)

For a new character starting from scratch, I compare the following:

• ~40g: 80 slots (using standard four 20-slot bags)

32- vs 20-Slot comparison

• 600g: 128 slots (four 32-slot bags)
  • ~300g: 120 slots (six 20-slot bags and two extra bag slots)

28- vs 20-Slot comparison

• 260g: 112 slots (four 28-slot bags)
  • ~300g: 120 slots (six 20-slot bags and two extra bag slots)

24- vs 20-Slot comparison

• 150g: 96 slots (four 24-slot bags)
  • 170g: 100 slots (five 20-slot bags and one extra bag slot)
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 3/31/2018 at 6:52 PM, Silmar Alech.4305 said:

There are cheap variants of the 20-slot bags, but apart from that one collection for one bag, 24 and more slots are only available through crafting. For each bigger bag, the price per slot doubles. Prices per slot as of 31.03.2018:

20-slot = 0,5g per slot24-slot = 1g 19s per slot28 slot = 2g 26s per slot32 slot = 4g 54s per slot

That means, for the price of one 32-slot bag (32 slots) you can get 14 20-slot bags (280 slots). I don't understand why anyone wants to get 32-slot bags before he maxed all inventory slots (up to 10) and got everything to 20-slot bags, then 24-slot bags, then 28-slot bags. Do you really need more than 280 slots? You can buy gems for gold and with this new inventory slots for 400 gems, that is still cheaper than crafting 32-slots.

I think every new player should read this message. It never even occurred to me that it could be cheaper to get more bag slots unlocked over getting bigger slots per bag!! I think this is the most helpful message I have read related to a topic I’m searching to learn more about. You deserve a medal for summing up the most logical and simple way around the bag conundrum that I am sure am not the only person to be looking for the best way around this issue, which now is not an issue any more, or at least not as big an issue as: I’m a new player and the only real roadblock to this was seeming to be the cost of how much those 32 slot bags really are. Also, by spending gold on expanding the bag slots per character available early on in the game, once you do start to make 32 slot bags, gold should be much easier attainable as you would in theory be in a more advanced position in the game. I think your solution to this topic should be highlighted to every new and keen player!! Thankyou again, this will improve my journey in the game.

57 minutes ago, KillingTimeZ.5289 said:

I think every new player should read this message. It never even occurred to me that it could be cheaper to get more bag slots unlocked over getting bigger slots per bag!! I think this is the most helpful message I have read related to a topic I’m searching to learn more about. You deserve a medal for summing up the most logical and simple way around the bag conundrum that I am sure am not the only person to be looking for the best way around this issue, which now is not an issue any more, or at least not as big an issue as: I’m a new player and the only real roadblock to this was seeming to be the cost of how much those 32 slot bags really are. Also, by spending gold on expanding the bag slots per character available early on in the game, once you do start to make 32 slot bags, gold should be much easier attainable as you would in theory be in a more advanced position in the game. I think your solution to this topic should be highlighted to every new and keen player!! Thankyou again, this will improve my journey in the game.

The information above is 4 years out-of-date, fyi. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The information above is 4 years out-of-date, fyi. 

Yes but it’s good for forever !! It is cheapest to unlock all bag slots over getting 32-slot bags in the few slots we get given for free. So I am going to make it a thing to unlock all bag slots spaces when they go on discount on the gem store. Much better use of my gold

39 minutes ago, KillingTimeZ.5289 said:

Yes but it’s good for forever !! It is cheapest to unlock all bag slots over getting 32-slot bags in the few slots we get given for free. So I am going to make it a thing to unlock all bag slots spaces when they go on discount on the gem store. Much better use of my gold

Well 32 slot bags are account bound you can just move them if you decide the play another character.

The additional bag slot are locked to each character since they are locked you can never delete that character if you still want to have them.

So not as great for some people.

11 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well 32 slot bags are account bound you can just move them if you decide the play another character.

The additional bag slot are locked to each character since they are locked you can never delete that character if you still want to have them.

So not as great for some people.

Oh yeah that’s a drawback I guess, but for people that don’t spend so much money and don’t get many characters it would then for them be more worthy to max out the single main few characters like this I would think