Sylvarri Hound Jackel Mount Skin

While I know by this point most ppl are gonna yell at me for saying so that does t really fit with their lore though. That would mean that either sylvari hounds randomly started growing a lot bigger for no reason, or that there have always been giant ones we just never saw or the sylvari thought about riding. I suppose from an individual player perspective it could be a rare mutation or strong veteran one that grew larger than its companions but even that is a bit of a stretch. I have mixed feelings about it tbh, as I understand the thematic want for it but can't find a good enough reason to justify it.

@Moonlit.6421 said:While I know by this point most ppl are gonna yell at me for saying so that does t really fit with their lore though. That would mean that either sylvari hounds randomly started growing a lot bigger for no reason, or that there have always been giant ones we just never saw or the sylvari thought about riding. I suppose from an individual player perspective it could be a rare mutation or strong veteran one that grew larger than its companions but even that is a bit of a stretch. I have mixed feelings about it tbh, as I understand the thematic want for it but can't find a good enough reason to justify it.

we've got branded mounts sylvan mounts wouldn't be that much of a stretch. watch this:

ever since the sylvari laid eyes upon the people of elona and their mountsthey've been filling the dream with their vision eventually having young sylvari awaken with the desire to get one. and the mother tree complied. and we at the black lion company will help her find a good home for the new sylvan mounts. only 2000 gems for the sylvan mount pack now available at your local gem store for a limited time.

done

i'll take my payment in gems, anet

• Like 1

@Moonlit.6421 said:While I know by this point most ppl are gonna yell at me for saying so that does t really fit with their lore though. That would mean that either sylvari hounds randomly started growing a lot bigger for no reason, or that there have always been giant ones we just never saw or the sylvari thought about riding. I suppose from an individual player perspective it could be a rare mutation or strong veteran one that grew larger than its companions but even that is a bit of a stretch. I have mixed feelings about it tbh, as I understand the thematic want for it but can't find a good enough reason to justify it.

It's not like all the other mount skins fit in with the lore perfectly either.

But, I am all for race-themed mount skins. More variety the better!

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

It's not like all the other mount skins fit in with the lore perfectly either.

But, I am all for race-themed mount skins. More variety the better!

No some of the others don't as well that's true. Branded mounts in particular, and many people had a problem with them upon their release. I will say though @derd.6413 has a decent concept for a way to add them so I guess they'd be better than the branded ones in that sense.

@derd.6413 said:

we've got branded mounts sylvan mounts wouldn't be that much of a stretch. watch this:

ever since the sylvari laid eyes upon the people of elona and their mountsthey've been filling the dream with their vision eventually having young sylvari awaken with the desire to get one. and the mother tree complied. and we at the black lion company will help her find a good home for the new sylvan mounts. only 2000 gems for the sylvan mount pack now available at your local gem store for a limited time.

done

i'll take my payment in gems, anet

Exactly my thinking. The branded mounts have broken any attempt at maintaining lore. I'd like to request corrupted pets for rangers as well. There's really no good reason to deny us any corrupted mounts and therefor pets. Sylvari versions of mounts and pets shouldn't be a problem.