Scourge is Broken in WvW, Please balance it

momophily.3814

I feel like it's only gotten worse.. Well of Suffering now applies twice as many vuln and has even shorter cooldown, as it wasn't bad enough with 15+ scourges in a zerg.. now your vuln goes up even twice as fast and with shades hitting you with cripple and torment, not to mention if traited Unending Corruption removing 1 boon for 3 people x 15 people say using the same ability. That's Stability removed on at least 45 people.. RIP any melee..

@Vegeta.2563 said:I feel like it's only gotten worse.. Well of Suffering now applies twice as many vuln and has even shorter cooldown, as it wasn't bad enough with 15+ scourges in a zerg.. now your vuln goes up even twice as fast and with shades hitting you with cripple and torment, not to mention if traited Unending Corruption removing 1 boon for 3 people x 15 people say using the same ability. That's Stability removed on at least 45 people.. RIP any melee..

Unending Corruption only corrupts boons on those in the newest shade's area (the one being placed). It does not corrupt boons around the Scourge and in all other shades.

Boon corruption is also random, so if those 45 people had just one other boon on them besides Stability, on average 22 people would still have Stability. If they had two boons besides Stability, 30 people on average are still protected by Stability.

@Sovereign.1093 said:as long as bomb as one exists (ts coordinated group) any setup will be op.

Yes but when 1 scourge can hit 10 targets you start to push the game into scourge being the only viable bomb class. On top of that scourge being a support and a dmg bomb at the same time makes it all the worst. Ppl talked a long time about upping the target caps on dmg and support skills and this is what ends up happening every one has barrier to near cap all the time and every one is always getting hit by a bomb effect. I think the support side is the worst of it more then the dmg side as no non scourge can put as much of an impact on 5 targets at a time then a scourge supporting 10 targets at a time.

Hello all. I currently playing necro scourge. Iam still new to this. Should i use power or condition? What skills dhould i use? Is power better or is condition better? I am alost at 500 gor my tailoring. What armor should i make. For my necro. Currently my cond damage is 1600. Good or bad? I really need help with a proper setup of my char. What weapons do i need to get and runes and sigils? My life is around 30k. But seems iam not so strong.

regards

@Kuifster.1504 said:Hello all. I currently playing necro scourge. Iam still new to this. Should i use power or condition? What skills dhould i use? Is power better or is condition better? I am alost at 500 gor my tailoring. What armor should i make. For my necro. Currently my cond damage is 1600. Good or bad? I really need help with a proper setup of my char. What weapons do i need to get and runes and sigils? My life is around 30k. But seems iam not so strong.

regards

Could start on Meta battle, but the problem there is you really need to tweak it.

Better answer is to join a WvW focused guild, and let them guide you. Of course...., that presents its own challenges. I would start with the guild.

@Vegeta.2563 said:I feel like it's only gotten worse.. Well of Suffering now applies twice as many vuln and has even shorter cooldown, as it wasn't bad enough with 15+ scourges in a zerg.. now your vuln goes up even twice as fast and with shades hitting you with cripple and torment, not to mention if traited Unending Corruption removing 1 boon for 3 people x 15 people say using the same ability. That's Stability removed on at least 45 people.. RIP any melee..

Well of Suffering?? Which scourge would use that?? Not me or any other in our guild group..... and given that scourge relies on that same stability that the melee have....rip scourge too. Hard to cast anything when cc'd as a scourge. Scourges die just as fast/faster than melee....a fact which people seem not to acknowledge or accept. Even if they survive....they can't get away.

@Kuifster.1504 said:Hello all. I currently playing necro scourge. Iam still new to this. Should i use power or condition? What skills dhould i use? Is power better or is condition better? I am alost at 500 gor my tailoring. What armor should i make. For my necro. Currently my cond damage is 1600. Good or bad? I really need help with a proper setup of my char. What weapons do i need to get and runes and sigils? My life is around 30k. But seems iam not so strong.

regards

do you have a wvw guild? if not, join one. players thete cab mentor you

• 4 years later...
On 10/2/2017 at 11:13 AM, momophily.3814 said:

This build: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condition_ScourgeAnd those like it are absolutely breaking WvW. Simply put, this completely negates any ability to stay in close range (negating EVERY melee class/build). Not only does it rip Stability, Aegis, Protection and any other sustainable buff; but it flips and corrupts it into a damage. And not only does it make it a damage source, it makes it a high amount of Torment. So you die if you move, No One Stands Still Fighting Other Players! Particularly when in groups like 50 V/S 50, if you stand still then your standing in a bomb of red circles. This is BROKEN in WvW.

Please, please balance this. I’m fine with a loss of boons and I appreciate counter play and hard counters. But running this in any kind of large numbers is an instant win for that group. And its inclusion encourages the play of only the Scourge over all other classes. It’s too strong because there is no counter for this. It has already corrupted possible counters for it, and now you’re running with a fear, bleed, torment and burn stack on you. WTF ANet?

This is why the developers can't balanced anything...players always complaining about nothing.  The Scourge is the worst class to play in WvW unless you're going to be a healer.  DPS Scourge sucks in WvW!  I know, I play a Necro and have tried all the meta builds.  There's only two builds for DPS with a Necro...  One with some sustain and one without sustain and neither are Scourge.

As for turning boons into conditions....  How much damage do you expect conditions to do?  With all the "bullet proofing" and instant cleansing other classes do, a Condi only damage Necro has zero chance to win any one on one encounter and if it's a group of players on you, you might as well just stand there and do nothing at all.  Condi damage isn't like power, it doesn't have an absolute damage value.  Someone with power can crit hit you for 7k and that damage is final, where as conditional damage is done over time in ticks but the problem with that is, players can cleanse or reduce the ticks so if 5k damage was inflicted onto a player with corruptions by a Condi Necro, the Necro may end up doing very little damage, mean while, the Power build player is still dropping 7k, 10k, 15k hits.  So how is a Condi supposed to win...?  They can't...but players are still screaming Necro Necro.

The developers for some absurd reason decided conditional damage needs no base damage but it does!  Seventy percent of any corruption should always land, unless it's blocked or dodge (no immunity for it).  The last 30 percent can be placed in ticks or "dot" damage over time.  That's a much smarter and balanced concept because the last 30 percent of damage may never happen but at least a player who only deals damage with Condi is getting 70 percent of the damage up front if they land the condition (that is).  That's more fair and power players still have the advantage because they're getting all of their damage because they are putting nothing into ticks!  Power build players should NOT get a 70 percent based damage on conditions because their damage is coming from power mainly.  That makes sense because a condi build player stacking conditional damage is not going to power hit you for high damage, everything is coming in ‘dot.”  Players are not standing targets...they move and because of this, Condi Necros will NOT get all the corruptions they toss out landed and that also reduces the damage.  Corruptions only bloom when they are heavily stacked and only NPCs are dumb enough to let that happen to them.

The way it currently stands, is ridiculous!  Even setting marks unblockable is meaningless because I still see players blocking marks and going full immunity to them.  Even if they walk right through a mark and your conditional attribute was stacked to 2k, you will see tiny little damage ticks flash on screen because that’s how much resistance other classes have and with no power damage as a condi...you’re up the creek.

It's not rocket science but yet the developers are leaving things so broken in Guildwars 2 WvW/PvP (more so with Necros).  It's the worst PvP balance I've seen since the days of Warcraft.  The Necro's specs/traits make no sense.  The concepts are built for PVE, not PVP and that needs to change.  Other classes are generating health regen, protection, full immunity and stamina boons like crazy and because of this, they can walk around taking damage from multiple players and their health never moves.  In fact, I see players all the time who actually heal up from damage because of all the crazy boons....entire Zergs can't take these players down and as a Necro, there’s no point in even trying to challenge any of them with classes that ‘OP.”

That's is absolute garbage for WvW/PvP!

It's to the point now Necros are hunted in WvW.  The class has no real quality Elite skill, no real sustain boons, nothing!  Shroud is almost a joke because you can still be rooted, dazed, pulled, knocked down, etc etc so if all that is going on, you're not doing anything at all in Shroud so it's a wasted ability.  Seriously, where's the intelligence and creativity behind class abilities?  On top of all that, your action tray keeps refreshing abilities every time you get hit so if you find yourself three on one, you’ll be clicking but nothing will ever get clicked because of the refreshing.  Lame!  No point in using root or Necro Grasp as a Necro because 9 times out of 10, it will not land because of players running around for what seems like forever with full immunity and then those abilities go on a cool-down even though you can’t land them.  Useless!

The new EOD Necro...  They float players in the air....  Why, developers, would you allow the new Necro spec to float players in the air for that long and the floated player can do nothing to break free from it nor attack while being floated....

THAT’S BRAIN DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s the same garbage with the Cage Traps that stumble players for three times and I mean three slow stumbles.  That one trap is your defeat, especially if you’re a Necro.

Here’s the icing on the cake....  This pretty much sums up the development team for GW2 or who ever is coming up with these ridiculous class concepts...

Why is it...  The Necro is the only class in the game that literally KILLS ITSELF!!!!!????

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!

Almost every skill is self harm!  So players don’t even have to fight a Necro, just run around with super speed and watch the Necro kill his/her self.

Utter disgrace!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1