Which NA servers are best for WvW massive zerg fights that are not full? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which NA servers are best for WvW massive zerg fights that are not full?

Maguuma, Blackgate, Yak's Bend and Jade Quarry are full and I cant join them.
I am interested only in WvW massive zerg fights.
Which server do you recommend to join?

<1

Comments

• These days, your best options for competence in zerg fights (excluding the full servers) are CD and FA.

good lord i am absolute trash at this video game

• Mysteriax.6049Mysteriax.6049 Member ✭✭✭

If you want some large group action, come to Gate of Madness. We're a fight-focused server with several guilds that run open Zerg-busting raids. You'll feel right at home and get a great piece of the action for only 500 gems.

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭

@Annihilator.2617 said:
    Maguuma, Blackgate, Yak's Bend and Jade Quarry are full and I cant join them.
    I am interested only in WvW massive zerg fights.
    Which server do you recommend to join?

Are you a ranger main?

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Wood League News Network [WLNN]- www.twitch.tv/shirirx

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

check out wvwstats.com and check out the timezone activity. the one that has higher on your timezone is the one i recommend. =)

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    check out wvwstats.com and check out the timezone activity. the one that has higher on your timezone is the one i recommend. =)

Sov, are you in some way affiliated with wvwstats? It's a good site and all, but I see you plug it pretty regularly. Just curious. :sunglasses:

To the OP: As a Mag player, I'd have to say FA is probably the most fight-centric of the non-full worlds. I always enjoy matches against them. :+1:

CD and TC would probably be the best of the rest.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• @Mysteriax.6049 said:
    If you want some large group action, come to Gate of Madness. We're a fight-focused server with several guilds that run open Zerg-busting raids. You'll feel right at home and get a great piece of the action for only 500 gems.

Every single server claims to be a fight focused server.
    Every single server gets accused of being siege humping PPTers.

Every server has one or two zergs running around NA prime time. Since we don't know what time zone you generally play in, its hard to pick a server out for you. If SoS isn't full, they've got a lot of time zone coverage and are squared up against the full servers most of the time. You should find big Z vs Z on them.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Optimator.3589 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Sov, are you in some way affiliated with wvwstats? It's a good site and all, but I see you plug it pretty regularly. Just curious. :sunglasses:

To the OP: As a Mag player, I'd have to say FA is probably the most fight-centric of the non-full worlds. I always enjoy matches against them. :+1:

CD and TC would probably be the best of the rest.

Not associated. I post it because it's data. =)

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Pretty Pixie.8603Pretty Pixie.8603 Member ✭✭✭

SoS faces all the servers you mentioned, yet isn't full yet.

Ordo Dominican [ZEAL]
    Sea of Sorrows

• Brendan.1309Brendan.1309 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

Bump

We’re looking for an America/New York server that has great pvp

• @Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

Also happens to be the only server that one confidently say are siege humping PPTers. SoS faces all these servers and gets one pushed. The only reason they tend to stay T1 is because nobody even wants to keep up with their crazed ppt fetish. This was demonstrated when they were booted out of T1 by KN easily. Why do you think its no longer full.

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

Does any server do anything but zergs?

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

@aleios.8792 said:

@Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

Also happens to be the only server that one confidently say are siege humping PPTers. SoS faces all these servers and gets one pushed. The only reason they tend to stay T1 is because nobody even wants to keep up with their crazed ppt fetish. This was demonstrated when they were booted out of T1 by KN easily. Why do you think its no longer full.

1. You're replying to an 8 month old post.
    2. Kaineng hardly did it easily given it took them stacking players from all timezones into SOS's strongest timezone for 3 days to do it.
    3. SOS is still full.
  • @morrolan.9608 said:

@aleios.8792 said:

@Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

1. You're replying to an 8 month old post.
    2. Kaineng hardly did it easily given it took them stacking players from all timezones into SOS's strongest timezone for 3 days to do it.
    3. SOS is still full.

You think that we stack players in all timezones to fight SoS during OCX, but what you don't understand is that my alliance and the guilds you find then (OnS, eN, eA) all share players and commanders. So for OCX you could be fighting me or Saku or Ammo.

• MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

Fight servers (will only name host) : KN, BG, FA, SBI, AR
    The rest is a mixed bag. The only TZ SoS fights in is OCX. Where they're abnormally large at times but not always. Their NA doesn't fight. You will find fighters for NA on other servers not named here like Yaks Bend + TC and guilds float on links so obviously determining if a server is more fight focused or not depends on their commanders and those commanders play time and support.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018

So fight servers are full servers, is nearing the end of 2018, nothing surprise me anymore.
    Btw, SOS isn't a full server either.

I always find it puzzling how people can find it in them to talk down a less populated server. Isn't that a low blow?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

@MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    The rest is a mixed bag. The only TZ SoS fights in is OCX. Where they're abnormally large at times but not always. Their NA doesn't fight. You will find fighters for NA on other servers not named here like Yaks Bend + TC and guilds float on links so obviously determining if a server is more fight focused or not depends on their commanders and those commanders play time and support.

Outside of BG, the other 4 aren't fight servers. they're PPT welfare recipients. The first one's led by someone that thinks he's the second coming of hugo chavez.

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.

• oh great, now you got Mal going on about his alliance.... facepalm

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

Mal tag up more during OCX and EU. Also please include SEA in your rotation, maybe once or twice a week. Otherwise your server is PPT.

• Any server can be a fight server. As this guy wants, fighters tend to seek out other fighters. I value the added salt comments, when a question of opinion is given. Here is the thing everyone has one even the, "second coming of hugo chavez". I will add this to the list of names people give me as they attempt to analyze me. "Keeping up with Malevolent". @dani, no need to play anymore then I am for now. Not, here to debate you on what you think my server is.

• IF you want more fights ,hardcore zerg vs zerg fights SOS is the place to be ,but be warned this server always out blob in T1/T2 like 20 sos vs 30+ more enemys ,, but overall ppl on this server never surrender even outmann buff is on we still fight like real man/women .

• if you stack guilds on red bl during reset, you are not a fight server. you are a ppt server or a bandwagon.

• Djamonja.6453Djamonja.6453 Member ✭✭✭

SoS is definitely not where you want to be if you play in NA.

• @Brendan.1309 said:
    Bump

We’re looking for an America/New York server that has great pvp

Try to find a guild instead of a server; servers wax and wane due attrition and fotm bandwagons. If you have even a small regular group of friends to play with it is easier to find fun anywhere.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@swellercross.3974 said:
    IF you want more fights ,hardcore zerg vs zerg fights SOS is the place to be ,but be warned this server always out blob in T1/T2 like 20 sos vs 30+ more enemys ,, but overall ppl on this server never surrender even outmann buff is on we still fight like real man/women .

Wut??

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@swellercross.3974 said:
    IF you want more fights ,hardcore zerg vs zerg fights SOS is the place to be ,but be warned this server always out blob in T1/T2 like 20 sos vs 30+ more enemys ,, but overall ppl on this server never surrender even outmann buff is on we still fight like real man/women .

Wut??

He just implying they got outgunned and if you really do want to fight, you should go to outgunned servers and not servers that already has advantage.
    I am not sure to how much degree SOS is being outgunned but I do agree with the latter part.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

@Djamonja.6453 said:
    SoS is definitely not where you want to be if you play in NA.

There are advantages. PPT support so you can do you own thing, and good off NA hours support support so you don't have to worry about being 'nightcapped'

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nice necro res on the thread..

Also... Fight servers, lmao, they no longer exist.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• geist.4126geist.4126 Member ✭✭✭

They never existed in the first place.

Fights are a lie.

• Annihilator.2617Annihilator.2617 Member ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019

So which is good NA server at the moment that has good activity in WvW at NY time and is more oriented in massive zerg fights than ppt? Something like old Maguuma.
    I am at Maguuma at the moment but it lost lots of people and commanders and it is not as it was before and I am thinking about a transfer.

• Just like Warhammer before it died, there is only 1 server with population anymore.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

There isn't another server like old Mag.
    Former mags have spread out onto other servers, you'll find some on FA AR KN BG etc.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups
    You should look at the K/D instead of PPT. PPT mainly reflect the coverage but K/D reflect the the zerg fighting ability of the server.
    So your best choice will be : SBI / KN / HOD

@CRrabbit.1284 said:
    http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups
    You should look at the K/D instead of PPT. PPT mainly reflect the coverage but K/D reflect the the zerg fighting ability of the server.

just dodge your zerg when you don't have the advantage. we all know the answer to this, and it's neither of those servers. There's only one--Beastgate.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

@aleios.8792 said:

@Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

And they really ppt hard in off-times. I got chased by 10+ of them over half the map just some minutes ago. I had to be the only player in that borderland they could try to gank.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• @shiri.4257 said:

@CRrabbit.1284 said:
    http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups

just dodge your zerg when you don't have the advantage. we all know the answer to this, and it's neither of those servers. There's only one--Beastgate.

Beast gate K/D is good too, but OP want to xfer, BG is already FULL.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

He said fight server. BG is everything but not a fight server.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• @CRrabbit.1284 said:

After fighting BG past 2-3 weeks, all i can say is they take smc and hug siege.
    Build trebs and hit blue/red outer towers 24x7.
    Then when a their small group fails to take, call in the map blob.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

That explains the PPT... But what about the Kdr?

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

BG is not full. they just have a backed up immigration system.

sorry sleepwallker, that's playing the game as intended.

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

You mean like fighting 50 vs 20?

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

its more like 30+20v20. proper BG terminology is "small ops" working together.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shiri.4257 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

its more like 30+20v20. proper BG terminology is "small ops" working together.

Id say the motto is more like “Keep throwing bodies at it until we win.”

The meme is real.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

Cookie don't roll with 30 knock it off

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World
    Just combined both info together:
    T1: BG (Full) vs YB+FC (very high + very high) vs FA (full)
    T2: TC (full) vs SBI (high) vs SoS (full)
    T3: DB (very high) vs AR (full) vs KN (very high)
    T4: Hod (very high) vs NS (high) vs CD (2x medium)

Also consider the PPT + K/D , SBI is clearly the #1 fighting server (1xhigh vs 2x full server) , KN might be the #2 (KD is ver good but ppt too far away)

@CRrabbit.1284 said:
    Also consider the PPT + K/D , SBI is clearly the #1 fighting server (1xhigh vs 2x full server) , KN might be the #2 (KD is ver good but ppt too far away)

Clearly! What guilds does SBI have? Looks like [VR] has some competition for 2019 from SBI.

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019

Christian Decency is the Clear Answer to the OPs question. As everyone here will confirm, Tier 4 is the fightingest Fight Tier. And in that tier, you want the server which is incapable of PPTing.

Come to Christian Decency to see what Real Fights are all about.

We will pray for your transfer.

[VII] Desert Spectre - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

• Full and very high hehe.. they don't mean anything anymore. Not since it was all wonked up trying to salvage a broken server system. Full means server is dead for 16+ hrs per day if you want a metric to go by.

is ez to have apparently high KD by avoiding fights you don't know if you can 100% win (obviously fight if you know you gonna 100% win) or cowering with advantageous spots/numbers

ppk not a good measurement yet also the only paper measurement. maybe OP might want to check out twitch stream on your preferred time and hope there is a stream on those wvw servers to see how it looks like

Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.