Can the thief dual wield sword

Glantlolz.8192

I know they can't now but I wish they could cause it would be really cool and useful depending on your play style and some role players might like it so technically everyone would gain benefit from it so I hope the developers will consider this idea from me. (this is just a suggestion but I REALLY hope the developers will consider this idea)

• Like 1

"Useful" is debatable since we have no idea what kind of skills would come with OH sword - maybe they would be terrible.Perhaps we will see OH sword in the next expac but thief has so many options to gain that it could be anything. Personally I'd like to see if they can pull off some sort of GS "slayer" class with either Thief or Rev.

If thieves get offhand sword in the next expansion (or presumably the one after), I would hope they get skills like the block that revenants had (was changed to a damage skill), and perhaps a circular aoe melee attack with a dual slash skill (and possibly 1/2 sec frontal block) as its dual skill.

• 4 years later...
On 4/6/2018 at 12:20 PM, Glantlolz.8192 said:

I know they can't now but I wish they could cause it would be really cool and useful depending on your play style and some role players might like it so technically everyone would gain benefit from it so I hope the developers will consider this idea from me. (this is just a suggestion but I REALLY hope the developers will consider this idea)

Ok. Thanks 🙂

Should be given to base Thief. It's weird that Shiro's legacy went to Guardian and Revenant rather than base Thief which was supposed to replace Assassin~ which were also masters of every weapon while Thief gets so few.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Yugo.1290 said:

Lol you think they would of done an elite skillzation dual blade... daggers is cool.. but a lot of SAO fans play and warrior dual blade is too slow... imo. The trench coat makes a great effect too

you know, the funniest thing about you bumping this thread from 4 years ago is that the OP made that post and left

• Sad 2

I once proposed an Assassin specialization for Thief that featured offhand sword and replaced stealth with a purely defensive mechanic.

The base idea of Assassin (which basically is Shiro) and the offhand sword went to Willbender instead.

Edited by Fueki.4753

22 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Should be given to base Thief. It's weird that Shiro's legacy went to Guardian and Revenant rather than base Thief which was supposed to replace Assassin~ which were also masters of every weapon while Thief gets so few.

I was hoping for double sword because of this for EoD, but it went to willbender

21 hours ago, Venport.3925 said:

you know, the funniest thing about you bumping this thread from 4 years ago is that the OP made that post and left

Yeee, player retention failed all cuz of a single oversight of Anet forgetting one of Thief's weapons 10 years ago.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1