End Game Content?

Sorry if this has been asked many maaany times but I am genuinely curious what the proper end-game content is of GW2 (including all expansions). If someone could efficiently bullet-point list the different types of content, that would be great!

Many thanks and kind regards,

Dainnak.

Depends on what you like to do..

1. PVP both structured and WvW. you can attain legendary gear in either (it just doesnt have the effects that the raid version does). PVP is 5 v 5 while WVW is an open field with large populations.
  2. Fractals of the Mist. The end game PVE 5 person content for those that do not want to do 10 person content. Scales up in difficult up to fractal 100 and has additional challenge settings beyond that.
  3. Raids. 10 person content thats usually a bit rigid in terms of group composition. Only place in the game to earn via a collect the proper legendary armor and various unique weapon models.
  4. This is perhaps just me, but Story + Crafting. I do fractals of the mist and wvw when i need to but I focus on doing the story chapters, new maps when they come available and craft ascended gear for all my characters.

End game is what your objective is, not a particular place in the game like it is for other MMOs like WoW where raiding is the be all , end all.

@Khailyn.6248 said:Depends on what you like to do..

1. PVP both structured and WvW. you can attain legendary gear in either (it just doesnt have the effects that the raid version does). PVP is 5 v 5 while WVW is an open field with large populations.
  2. Fractals of the Mist. The end game PVE 5 person content for those that do not want to do 10 person content. Scales up in difficult up to fractal 100 and has additional challenge settings beyond that.
  3. Raids. 10 person content thats usually a bit rigid in terms of group composition. Only place in the game to earn via a collect the proper legendary armor and various unique weapon models.
  4. This is perhaps just me, but Story + Crafting. I do fractals of the mist and wvw when i need to but I focus on doing the story chapters, new maps when they come available and craft ascended gear for all my characters.

End game is what your objective is, not a particular place in the game like it is for other MMOs like WoW where raiding is the be all , end all.

That's great!

So in conclusion, I'm assuming that upon completing the basics of GW2 at that point one will have developed enough knowledge to determined what to do and pinpoint certain aspects of the game, basically maxing out certain areas of the game.

You can do a few of these, or you can try all of the above. its entirely up to you. I know players that are in WvW every day, I know others that run fractals of the mist every day. Once you get the basics of the game, then yea you can start learning about the area of the game that interests you most, and buy/craft the weapons and armor with the stats you like for it. Fractals of the mist you can start out in rares or exotics, but as you progress higher in the levels youll want ascended (starting with jewelry, backpiece) because youll need agony infusions to put onto it (these are chest drops from playing the game mode or bought). For raids there are certain profession/trait/gear setups that are generally deemed more acceptable than others which you can find on external sites like snowcrows or metabattle. WvW has no gear requirements, but better gear will make killing players/staying alive easier, PvP has no gear requirements.

@Khailyn.6248 said:You can do a few of these, or you can try all of the above. its entirely up to you. I know players that are in WvW every day, I know others that run fractals of the mist every day. Once you get the basics of the game, then yea you can start learning about the area of the game that interests you most, and buy/craft the weapons and armor with the stats you like for it. Fractals of the mist you can start out in rares or exotics, but as you progress higher in the levels youll want ascended (starting with jewelry, backpiece) because youll need agony infusions to put onto it (these are chest drops from playing the game mode or bought). For raids there are certain profession/trait/gear setups that are generally deemed more acceptable than others which you can find on external sites like snowcrows or metabattle. WvW has no gear requirements, but better gear will make killing players/staying alive easier, PvP has no gear requirements.

Thanks! This information is incredibly helpful!

The answer is complicated. The first question is why in the genre this term matters. The reason the term exist is cause you need to level up and outgrow the things you do when you level up. You can go to a starter map, but it doesn’t drop you anything and you gain no experience to level more. Gw2 is different. You never outgrow content, but only gain more things to do.Another mechanic often envolved with endgame are things to do between releases. A developer studio can never develop as quick as a player can play it. So players want things to do in between. Again, in traditional games, new content means that the end game also shifts due to level and gear progressions. Gw2 doesn’t know these things.

So a term like end game is very much not suiting for gw2 to start with.You can play every aspect of the game once you hit max level and you never outgrow content. Gw2 gets new content added to the allready big package of content. Once you have seen all, or decided that some content is not for you, you are left with the so called fashion wars. As gw2 doesn’t have gear progression, gear grind is not a great way to fill up your time. So the alternative is armor and weapon skins, gw2 doesn’t fit the genre, but tries to set new standards.

End Game Content:

PVE

• Raids: 10 Player Content, Highest Tier Loot in the Game.
  • T4 - Challenge Mode - Fractals of the Mist: 5 Person Content. (T1 is Noob land, and T2 - T3 are Mid Game)

PVP

• Tournament sPvP.
  • World vs World (only in the Top Tier Servers, otherwise, it's kinda Meh, and even chillax)

Everything else is just.. extra stuff that can be fun depending on the kind of player you are and what you are looking for.But they are as follows:

• Personal Story
  • Living World - Story
  • Living World - Challenge
  • Crafting
  • Jump Puzzles
  • Map Exploration
  • World Boss Trains
  • Festivals (Winters Day, Mad King, SAB, New Years, Etc)
  • Various Collections and Achievements that can be done in game to pass time, like eat all the different kinds of food, collect junk, etc).

I agree with the people saying that in this game everything is end-game. Rather than being funnelled into a few designated areas when you reach level 80 the game opens out so you can do whatever you want, and you'll get items you can use from any of it.

There's some conventional end-game activities like raids and Fractals, but if you don't want to do them there's absolutely no reason you can't stick with exploring the open world maps and doing the story, or doing World vs. World, or whatever else you might want to do.

• 1 year later...