Hearts and Minds Updraft BUG [Merged]

Definitely not fixed - happened to me last night.

If adding an invisible ceiling or kick delay is impossible, then the only solution is to switch the boss fights around. It would be less dramatic to start with Mordremoth I guess, but at least we would waste less time redoing the instance from the beginning when the bug happens:)

@quon.9328 said:Definitely not fixed - happened to me last night.

If adding an invisible ceiling or kick delay is impossible, then the only solution is to switch the boss fights around. It would be less dramatic to start with Mordremoth I guess, but at least we would waste less time redoing the instance from the beginning when the bug happens:)

Unless you are trying to doing Migraine achievement there is no point in using the updrafts. Just stand in the shield/bubble/dome thing where the NPCs are.

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me last night when I was helping my guildmate out. He managed to finish it with the sole other person in our party, but it was still a little odd to wait outside until they were done...Maybe besides fixing it, an option to "Rejoin party in instance" should be made available?

• 3 weeks later...

This is still happening. Just returned to finish because I hated it so much before, spent a while ducking and diving killing stuff (got to phase 4) then launched into the air to get off the ground and was shot upwards and was ejected for leaving the map! So still hate it. Please fix this annoying waste of my time which wrecks my enjoyment.

Not only is the ejection still happening, there's an issue where the enemy NPCs disappear from various random members of the group, making it very difficult to do damage. I would love to finish this achievement, but its behavior is so random it's not worth getting in there and hoping that the stars align. If nothing else, a checkpoint that allows us to restart at the phase we last achieved would be a huge improvement that would make the other issue more palatable since you'll eventually RNG it and be successful.

I'll pitch in on the pizza party to get this fixed! :)

• 4 weeks later...

@Wafflechomp.5703 said:Amazingly disappointing that this happen to me for the first time. Had to search if there was a bug and found out other players also have the same issue. Hope it gets fixed

I submitted a ticket to Anet and received a response requesting a video of the ejection, citing that the issue had been fixed in the March patch mentioned above. I replied back saying that others had commented here that the ejection problem was still happening, but that was pretty much the end of it. They suggested submitting an in-game bug report so that it would go directly to the support team.

@Nephalem.1458 said:

@Wafflechomp.5703 said:Amazingly disappointing that this happen to me for the first time. Had to search if there was a bug and found out other players also have the same issue. Hope it gets fixed

I submitted a ticket to Anet and received a response requesting a video of the ejection, citing that the issue had been fixed in the March patch mentioned above. I replied back saying that others had commented here that the ejection problem was still happening, but that was pretty much the end of it. They suggested submitting an in-game bug report so that it would go directly to the support team.

Well that's disappointing they don't believe this bug is still happening and I definitely submit the bug report in-game. I think i'm pretty much done with HoT story so I don't have to worry about that anymore, although it's unfortunate for the future new players and achievement hunters.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Such a joke. Happened to me last night in a group and just now solo. The mission takes forever to get to that point. How has this been around for so long?Edit: Apparently it only happens if you jump into the updrafts. Absolutely no way of knowing that without looking it up first.

@"Jerkops.2796" said:Just tried this fight with a friend - spent the first attempt in the penalty box and the second attempt the updraft launched me out of the instance. Seems unlikely that it will be fixed but I'm mad enough to post about it anyway.

Like I said before, press your "Use" key to use an updraft in this mission. It is not bugged.

Just because you believe there is a workaround, saying "it is not a bug" does not make it not a bug. ArenaNet has officially confirmed this to be a bug and even announced it to be fixed but the fix did apparently not work.

The updrafts normally work just fine by when you jump into them and open your glider, like every other HoT updraft. The bug is that sometimes you will get shot/catapulted upwards with insane superspeed and leave the instance within about 0.5 seconds. The way you start using the updrafts may not even matter and it might just as well happen when using them with the use key instead of using them the normal HoT way like you would expect pretty much every player to do.

• 4 weeks later...

WHYYYY

100% still a bug.Had no idea this was an issue, jumped into an updraft, shot right the f out of the story faster than the GOP confirmed Kavanaugh.

Even if you don't end up fixing the bug, I beg of you - at least put checkpoints in between fighting the two previous sub-bosses, some kind of warning before the updraft sequence happens, or even just restore player's inventories to their state before the battle if they encounter this bug (RIP armor repair canisters).

I realize there are many hours in my life, but these past few were frustrating enough to put me off of playing GW for a hot minute, let alone trying to complete that story line anytime soon.

@tittysprinkles.1369 said:WHYYYY

100% still a bug.Had no idea this was an issue, jumped into an updraft, shot right the f out of the story faster than the GOP confirmed Kavanaugh.

Even if you don't end up fixing the bug, I beg of you - at least put checkpoints in between fighting the two previous sub-bosses, some kind of warning before the updraft sequence happens, or even just restore player's inventories to their state before the battle if they encounter this bug (RIP armor repair canisters).

I realize there are many hours in my life, but these past few were frustrating enough to put me off of playing GW for a hot minute, let alone trying to complete that story line anytime soon.

Yea I think people in this thread have said you shouldent jump into the updraft go to them and interact mate.

The point is - this bug does not happen constantly or with any sort of reliability. Just because some people "used" an updraft by interacting with it (instead of "using" an updraft like every single other updraft in HoT by gliding into it) and did not get shot out of the instance does not mean that it does not happen if you use the interaction key. It just did not happen to those people, just like it is not happening to a lot of people who glide into it.

I assume when people know how to use updrafts in HoT, they will likely just use them the same way in this instance, which is why reports of this bug come in from people having done just that, and not from the few who used the interaction key and and got away with it without running into the bug.

But unless someone volunteers to do the instance over and over again and just use the interaction key until running into the bug, we probably won't know for sure. If anyone having read this thread does the instance and gets shot out after using the interaction key instead of gliding, plese report so that ANet has more clues where to look when trying to fix it (again).

• 4 weeks later...

even if someone jumps into it, and makes a mistake in doing so, they shouldn't be launched into frikkin outer space and get kicked from the instance! It may not be a bug but it IS definitely an issue. And yeah, it just happened to me. But i didn't jump in it, I was brought down by Mordremoth and when I tried getting airborne again, I was launched like an empty can in a hallway. I couldn't very well make a video out of it since it was my first time doing the mission and I didn't even think something like this could happen!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My god Arenanet... after finally reaching mordremoth, getting him to his last breath and getting expeled from the instance by the final updraft... i was about to break my monitor, pleaaase fix this issue. I have done this instance like trhee times since i am bad at the game and it is unacceptable to encounter this bug that people found out so long ago.