[Poll] Weapon for the next Engineer Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

New Elite Spec:

The Transmutate

Weapon: StaffRole: Condition damage and Support paths available.

Unique class mechanic & Adept minor trait: Dragon-Touched Stone: Harness a powerful engine of magic to spend transmutation magic (gathered by striking) to alter allies or enemies when changing weapons. Gain access to Miracle skills.

Summary: The spiritual successor to core Engineer in that the playstyle will revolve around navigating vanilla kits . Less capable as a damage dealer, more focused on inflicting conditions, healing and boon support, and group utility.

Haven't fleshed out the mechanics, but a general theme to promote landing a high number of strikes (Grenades, Flamethrower), and spending those strikes when swapping weapons to activate powerful effects chosen by which major trait path, condition, support, or group utility focused. Edit: Maybe a niche counter to retaliation-damage for WvW content so it would shine in large group play as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@"Farkasakraf.6327" said:I think the Mace or the Staff is the two option here.But,i hope we got a new Pet based spec,Golemancer,Robomancer,Mechanic or something like that.Like the Necro minions.But they are robots.Ahh,dreams. ^^"

Scrapper 2.0?

Give him dual wield weapons , full attack build, like tech assault or something , nice grenades, mines, utility skills to use ( not like kits).

and please buff turrets !

Would be nice to have them implanted in player shoulders or belt, like this we would not need to explode them or gather them on the ground like we do now.Imagine yourself running around with turrets on shoulders shooting stuff!:)

@plushiesoda.8150 said:engineer should never have any type of bow, they´re different concepts after all. While i´d love to see a ranged option what engineer truly needs is a support elite

so my vote is for staff or warhorn with good healing and range, maybe a golem pet trapper dual wielding rifles after that

sadly my bet is that we´ll be getting another condi build, this time with shield

Engi already has shield dude. And shield MH is never gonna happen.Mace MH and OH would be nice to give engi more flexibility with weapon choices.Wouldnt mind to get staff as a supportive weapon though.

Does the Med Kit/healer build overhaul change anyone's mind away from support? The first page of this post when it came out shortly after PoF was heavily in favor of support, be it staff or something else as long as it was support. Anyone changing their mind now, or do we want a new spec and weapon more focused on support to pair with Alchemy and Inventions?

I still want to see something ranged personally, although not opposed to a 1H weapon. Something to pair with shield would be nice, but only as a dual wield like Spellbreakers got because Engis really need some more weapon choices. Ideally the offhand would be something in between pistol and shield in terms of functionality so as to offer choice, and the main hand would be pretty heavy support to pair with shield or the new offhand depending on how the skills work out.

I could definitely get behind dual maces, aesthetically would be a great fit. They could easily make them ranged too, nothing immediately comes to mind on how... but it never stopped them with hammer, dagger, staff, axe, or greatsword. Maybe more I can't remember.

Mesmer greatsword might be a good inspiration, auto attack could be like a lightning chain attack then go from there.

@plushiesoda.8150 said:engineer should never have any type of bow, they´re different concepts after all. While i´d love to see a ranged option what engineer truly needs is a support elite

Have you never watched Arrow? Bows with different bolt types could totally be an engineer thing.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Throwing maces around is a totally valid idea.

Would be a hilarious animation to see maces bonking people in the head then bouncing to a nearby enemy's head.

@"Adamantium.3682" said:I could definitely get behind dual maces, aesthetically would be a great fit. They could easily make them ranged too, nothing immediately comes to mind on how... but it never stopped them with hammer, dagger, staff, axe, or greatsword. Maybe more I can't remember.

It's simple.

oDMtiqX.gif

Shortbow / tech archer.

Either in a support type roll with lots of fields created around your target (not ground targeted or around you) or as a real option for a condition spec.

Shortbow over long bow because most of the engineer trait lines already provide benefit for being in mid-close range, not long range.