Storyline Disconnects - [Merged]

@jediwolf.8724 said:Does anyone remember having this issue before HOT came out?For me it seems to have started with Heart of Thorns and has spread from there.Perhaps something changed in the programing?

Nope - I don't recall having any issues completing the story and doing world completion and many dungeons before HoT.

However, no end of problems on an alt doing the old world final mission (Zaitan) - 6 times if I recall to get through that one.

Well i had this issue with disconnecting in the final story mission (Zaitan) before HOT was released and after returning now on a new alt and i did what i did before to complete the mission which was restarting the client then skipping all of the conversations up until killing the mouth, the mission finishes smoothly for me after that.

Personally I stopped altogether to do any storyline a long time ago as dc’s and the absolutely ridiculous time spent watching cutscenes that you can’t skip over and over just ruined it for me.Then other in game issues with poor balancing etc happened and atm I haven’t even bothered logging in for about a month.

I don't recall having problems before PoF. I also managed to play through the whole PoF story without problems on one character. Since approximately LW S4 I've been lots story line disconects, not in LW S4 content, but in HoT and PoF. Nothing has changed on my side, computer, internet, etc.

I have this bug a lot as well. Sometimes it happens after a cutscene and sometimes just after the last fight. The commonality in every instance is it always happens near the end of the instance. Not at the end of the instance but usually right before the last series of dialogues. Yes sometimes people are getting it after a cutscene but that is always right before the last series of cutscenes.

If it helps. I decided to go back with the bulk of my characters (15ish) who never did LWS2 and I was mainly after Black Lion Keys so I was running "Tracking the Aspect Masters" over and over (I ran it about 5 times). I was booted to character select twice and always at the same point. After the last boss is killed and you have to walk over and talk to the NPC's. What happens is you walk over and everyone stands around and when it doesn't work and you get booted, nothing happens and there's a longer than normal delay and you notice that you can't do anything. No emotes, no actions, and you can't talk in local (but sometimes you can talk in guild).

The thing is that every time I get to this point there's a hiccup, even when it works. Every time I get here the game stalls at the same point. Sometimes it boots me but most times it does not. Either way it's frustrating because the one other commonality in all these situations is that the disconnect also seems to happen after larger than normal scale boss fights.

Hope all that helps.. This bug really REALLY sucks. I've had it happening for a seriously long time now. For the longest time I could never do the second to last HoT instance past the 1st time. I just always got disconnected after the final fight. If it's getting too problematic to figure out how to fix this could it at least be possible to have the game, somehow, checkpoint more often? If I could at least get progress after each main event and get jumped to that point it would make these issues at least hurt less.

@Ludwig.4019 said:I don't recall having problems before PoF. I also managed to play through the whole PoF story without problems on one character. Since approximately LW S4 I've been lots story line disconects, not in LW S4 content, but in HoT and PoF. Nothing has changed on my side, computer, internet, etc.

I've had it since LWS3 if I remember correctly. What I have noticed is more and more people being affected by it though.

I am also receiving these random disconnections. I just returned from a year-long hiatus from this game to experience random disconnections during story instances. I can't even finish the first PoF mission due to it. Ping stays well below 80ms the entire time, but then poof.. booted out with the following error message: unknown.png

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:We have folks investigating this issue, but so far we haven't been able to reproduce it. We're trying to determine what the commonality is between players that run into this issue. If you haven't already, please submit a bug when it happens so we can get more data points.

I just came back to the game, the disconnects are seriously making me reconsider. Seeing that it's been an known issues for months with no further feedback is even more disheartening. I enjoy the story and the cinematics, but watching them 2 or 3 times in order to get lucky enough to complete without a disconnect is getting old fast.

I will say that I think part of the issue is the amount of time spent in the instance. Speeding through seems to not be an issue, but if I'm slow deciding a course of action, reading all the extra dialogue, or god forbid run to the restroom, then I'll see a disconnect more often than not. It's like there's an expected time to complete and if you exceed that time then there's a disconnect during the cinematic. While faster may keep my from having to replay them, it doesn't help with the overall enjoyment of the game.

@"Chaotic.7615" said:I am also receiving these random disconnections. I just returned from a year-long hiatus from this game to experience random disconnections during story instances. I can't even finish the first PoF mission due to it. Ping stays well below 80ms the entire time, but then poof.. booted out with the following error message: unknown.png

It has been almost 2 weeks now and I still am unable to complete story instances in under 5 attempts. I also am experiencing these disconnections in PvP after the match ends. The "exit to lobby" button often does not work and the game will eventually kick me to the character select screen with the same error as in my first post.

I Keep Getting this and so does my Cousin who's only just started playing, It's so bad that we can't Do the Final Core Story at all (Victory or Death) Sometimes we can get up too Zhaitan Spawning, sometimes it's after the first Cutscene/Coversation.

Me and a friend are playing through the living world episodes/PoF story (finished now thankfully) and HoT story and its been nothing but disconnects at cut scenes/NPC talking parts, as either me or my friend gets a dc, usually but not always the instance owner, just today we had to do the HoT story episode ' City of Hope' 3 times as i got dc at the final part while the NPC talked, for a change i got an error message "https://imgur.com/a/zKxuAGK", when my friend started we went through ok with no problems, playing normally is usually fine.

Returning player from around launch here as well. I wanted to get the full lore experience, but gee whizz, what a pain that was. I've had to replay most missions at least once, with the Zhaitan ending taking me an entire afternoon and 8 playthroughs. Disconnects in various parts of the mission, but always after a cinematic.

Now I'm running Season 2, and while it went well for a while, I'm back to having to run the Hidden Archives for the third time, both disconnects occurring right after defeating the Distorted Face of Darkness and reveling the crystalline memory, and before being able to interact with the teleport crystal.

• This happens with or without friends joining, regardless of who 'hosts'. I will be the one dropping.
  • This seems to occur more during long playthroughs (reading things and taking my time), but not exclusively.
  • This always happens directly after a cinematic, where I will see my character as in cinematic mode for a few seconds before being disconnected. In a few instances, I was able to move but not interact with objects, before being disconnected seconds later.

Come to think of it, I don't think it's always during cinematics in the traditional video or controlled camera sense, I've also had it happen during the first Living World 2 mission, which was mostly proximity chatter.

In SWTOR, when people have problems with cut-scenes bugging out and DCing the player, the "standard" advice for the thing to try first is "put the system on the lowest of low graphics, run the problematic section, and put the graphics back to the level you want afterwards".

It often (not always) helps. Maybe it's worth trying that in GW2 as well?

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:In SWTOR, when people have problems with cut-scenes bugging out and DCing the player, the "standard" advice for the thing to try first is "put the system on the lowest of low graphics, run the problematic section, and put the graphics back to the level you want afterwards".

I have it on lowest settings and consistently maintain 144 FPS in most cases, it doesn't seem to be related.One 'theory' existed that the issue could have something to do with the rendering device (graphics card), I have switched off any overclocking since, but the problem persists.

Also, it wouldn't make sense for it to cause a disconnected state in which you could still run around (before the client catches up), but rather would result in an actual crash. At least, I think.

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 ; if you're still reading this, I am fairly technical and can provide the team with any thorough system logs and info on request.

@"jediwolf.8724" said:Does anyone remember having this issue before HOT came out?For me it seems to have started with Heart of Thorns and has spread from there.Perhaps something changed in the programing?

I believe it started after "The Head of the Snake" came out or somewhere between that and "A Crack in the Ice" but it should have been a while after "A Crack in the Ice". That is when I started seeing mention of the issue popup on the bug section. This is for the cutscene related disconnects.

I have never ran into the problem but a friend of mine does or did. Apparently alt+tabbing out before the cutscene play works to avoid the problem. I mentioned this to someone on reddit and their response seem like that worked for them as well. This probably requires playing in fullscreen mode.

@Matuno.3607 said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:In SWTOR, when people have problems with cut-scenes bugging out and DCing the player, the "standard" advice for the thing to try first is "put the system on the lowest of low graphics, run the problematic section, and put the graphics back to the level you want afterwards".

I have it on lowest settings and consistently maintain 144 FPS in most cases, it doesn't seem to be related.

OK, fair enough. I thought it was worth mentioning, at least.

One thing I'm going to look out for is the instance's server IP. Seeing as it never happens in the open world (seems to be running on Google's cloud), but story instances are on Amazon servers...

EDIT:1 Disconnect from ec2-18-195-28-21.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com [18.195.28.21]