"I'd Really Like this..." - New Gifting Strangers - Page 7 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

"I'd Really Like this..." - New Gifting Strangers

Comments

• Leggendalex.4659Leggendalex.4659 Member ✭✭
    edited April 12, 2018

i really need t6 mats, i try to farm but is really hard for me having so little time because of university and family issues :/ (thanks for the donation :D i finally have a legendary weapon :3 )

• I would really like to get the Griffin mount but i lack of the gold, if someone could be this generous it would be amazing!(i'm in EU if it matters)

• Mef.1307Mef.1307 Member
    edited April 8, 2018

I didnt play since 2013, now back to Tyria world and my only wish is have possibility to buy DLC (looking at all this ppls with cool mounts and wings make me cry :disappointed: ) , but i cant do that in near future. Anyway it's too much for asking here someone to buy DLC for me, so i just wish all of players have best emotions in this game. Peace!

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    I am going to point out, again, that this thread is a "helping others" thread. And I believe that StinVec was clear about how it's best to ask for specific help.

With that in mind, it is frankly very unrealistic to ask someone to simply give you/buy you a Legendary Weapon, enormous amounts of gold, or to make requests for unspecified amounts of expensive items. Asking for help while you acquire the Legendary is fine. Maybe you need specific mats. Give a number, ask for them by name and naturally, accept smaller gifts than the total you need. But asking for someone to buy you the weapon is far beyond realistic, and not within what I believe to be the intentions of this thread.

What about asking my friends to buy me "All the things!" because raisin reasons. Also I'm more Skritt than they are. :wink:

#nornmodeisbestmode

• @Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    I am going to point out, again, that this thread is a "helping others" thread. And I believe that StinVec was clear about how it's best to ask for specific help.

With that in mind, it is frankly very unrealistic to ask someone to simply give you/buy you a Legendary Weapon, enormous amounts of gold, or to make requests for unspecified amounts of expensive items. Asking for help while you acquire the Legendary is fine. Maybe you need specific mats. Give a number, ask for them by name and naturally, accept smaller gifts than the total you need. But asking for someone to buy you the weapon is far beyond realistic, and not within what I believe to be the intentions of this thread.

What about asking my friends to buy me "All the things!" because raisin reasons. Also I'm more Skritt than they are. :wink:

Y'know? I heard that about you, RHS, and I want to tell you it's not on. ;)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2018

I am working on getting the Griffin unlocked, but I have 60 gold approximately to my name.

Any small coin toss my way would be extremely helpful...so:

• Gold, I have 60/250 across my account.

Thank you in advance, and thank you even if not.

I am a returning player and trying to get myself situated. I have quite a bit of crafting material and I am very, very happy to donate to others.

I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

• Hey guys, seems like the more I play this game the worse I'm becoming at inventory management. An additional bag slot would be very helpful, if it's even possible to gift one.
    I'm on the EU server if that matters. Thanks a lot in advance.

• alaskasnowgirl.6047alaskasnowgirl.6047 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2018

EDIT: THANK YOU so so much to the person who sent me a glyph today! I now have the glyph and don't have to switch between tools all the time <3 you are an amazing person! I no longer need this, thanks to a kind stranger. They didn't mention whether it was ok to mention their name so I won't to respect their privacy.

TLDR version of request: leather gathering glyph.

If anyone has gotten an extra leather gathering glyph as a drop from a black lion chest and doesn't want it, I would love it if you would consider giving it to me. It's already what I picked for my "free" glyph, but swapping it out between harvesting things isn't fun when enemy mobs are around, so it would be nice to have two leather glyphs for less swapping. I know it is kind of an expensive thing to ask for at over 200 g right now so I completely understand if no one can spare one. I am just glad this thread exists for players to help other players :). It's like a giant secret santa!

• I hope this knowledge is useful to you, but you actually don't need a +17 infusion for lvl 40 fractals. Instead, you could use two +9 infusions for a total AR of 18 and those are much more obtainable. There is information on the wiki on how to open up more infusion slots on rings and back pieces through attuning and something else (I forget the name). Hope that helps! Feel free to add me in game if you need any fractal help btw.

@Sidetrack.2563 said:
    hi, umm so im not really sure how I should go about asking this. umm I only want one thing a 17+ agony infusion, I don't know if anyone will read this but I just wanted to ask. (P.S. its for my fractals, so I can do level 40 tier Fractals) thank you to anyone who reads this, i'm in N/A server.

• Talos.9608Talos.9608 Member ✭✭

I remember that long ago I was searching trought medium armor skins in bank's wardrobe and found Striders Medium Armor Skin. Found out it can only be bought by gems in BLTC. And when it came in I had really little gold. Farmed a week and sold bunch of materials I had to only reach about 150 gold. I need about 80 more gold so i can exchange it for 800 gems. You can gift me directly item from BLTC and i will mail you gold I have at that time. Also i will return the rest of the loan when i get enough gold i am just afraid the item will leave BLTC before I farm enough gold.

• Fremtid.3528Fremtid.3528 Member ✭✭✭

bumping this thread and also mentioning i filled the request above.

• lilnicky.9476lilnicky.9476 Member
    edited April 26, 2018

Hey! Don't know if this is still going on, but this is really awesome! I've been working on trying to craft Twilight, I just finished completing world exploration two months ago and now I'm working on the first volume/tier(?) of Twilight.

But looking on the wiki the amount of materials I need is crazy and really expensive unfortunately :(. I don't want to get "too too" crazy since I know this is already a lot to ask for, but I do need tier 6 materials/ectoplasm and mystic coins for clovers when the time comes!

My current mats:
    EDIT number 1 updated my current mats, thank you JT!

Vials of Powerful Blood (6/250)
    Ancient Bones (9/250)
    Vicious Claws (21/250)
    Piles of Crystalline Dust (12/250)
    Vicious Fangs (25/250)
    Armored Scales (29/250)
    Elaborate Totem (30/250)
    Powerful Venom Sac (34/250)
    Mystic Coins (28/250)
    Globs of Ectoplasm (15/250)

If I happen to reach 250 on any material and I receive more from kind folk, I will return them back as seeing I only need 250, having anymore is excessive!

lilnicky.9476

North America

• Lostyx.6035Lostyx.6035 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018

Ahai fellow players,
    I'm currently crafting Nevermore, but i'm running short on the last two materials and it's a bit frustrating.
    I need:
    45/45 Mystic Coins
    0/0 Amalgamated Gemstones
    These are incredibly expensive (and/or time consuming) as you probably already know. I know I can farm them given enough time, but I would appreciate every little support in crafting I can get.
    Thanks for reading and have a great day! =)

Edit: I'm done! Finished it! Feels good... B)

edited May 10, 2018

Hello my fellow GW2ers!

A month or so ago, I ran across a thread that began as a way to help people get that little bit of crafting material, little bit of gold, little bit of items or little bit of gems to help them accomplish something they need to do in game. Are you ALLLLMOST at 250 gold but not quite, to unlock the Griffin mount? Are you ALLLLMOST at the total items you need to craft that one item?

The thread was a way to pay it forward and help our fellow Guild Wars 2 friends. I am starting another thread as a way to keep paying it forward, as I received generous and kind help from total strangers on the game. I have unlocked the Griffin mount and am soaring around Tyria!! :D It's only right to keep that good will going, sooooo, without further ado:

Tell us what you want and why!

Please be reasonable and fair in your requests. We all want 1000 gold dropped into our accounts and every mount skin unlocked, of course, but let's let the kindness be shared.

I want to help out people because I was helped out, myself!

• chrisjfinlay.5614chrisjfinlay.5614 Member ✭✭✭

This is a great idea! Sadly I can't think of anything I really need at the moment; I've halted my ascended tailoring at the minute while I get on with other things and I'm not needing for money or mats... I guess what I could use most would be BLC keys but as they cost real money, nah - don't think it's right to ask for them.

Still, happy to pitch in and pay forward if someone needs something I have.

Ok, so Black Lion Chest key(s). Wow looks like nobody else wants anything. hahaha.

• nottsgman.8206nottsgman.8206 Member ✭✭✭

@Martimus.6027 might be better to post this in players helping players. here in general it's very likely to get buried.

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 61 Asura | 6 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

edited May 10, 2018

@nottsgman.8206 said:
    @Martimus.6027 might be better to post this in players helping players. here in general it's very likely to get buried.

You're right. Hey @Gaile Gray.6029 , can this be moved to "Players helping players?" Thank you!

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2018

There is already the same thread over in the Players Helping Players sub-forum which you even referenced in your OP.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/5065/id-really-like-this-new-gifting-strangers

More than likely this will be merged with it as it is an identical topic to that one which is 7 pages long on this forum and its predecessor on the old forums had reached17 pages.
    https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/I-d-really-like-this-Gifting-Strangers

My Dark GW2 Forum Theme - Imgur Galleries: [ Aqua - Coffee - Lime - Orange - Pink - Purple - Red - Slate - Yellow ]
    [ CSS Code ] - (Updated 2018-10-07: v1.84)

| Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs |

• I've merged two threads on this topic.

Please keep in mind that this is a "One request per player, ever" situation. You may not ask for new, different, or expanded items over time.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• crashburntoo.7431crashburntoo.7431 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 Thanks for the merge... would it be possible to get this thread "stickied" in the Player's Helping Player's sub-forum? I've bookmarked it, but for many others, it may not be as easily found. Thanks!

Let's be neighbours.

@Lostyx.6035 said:
    Ahai fellow players,
    I'm currently crafting Nevermore, but i'm running short on the last two materials and it's a bit frustrating.
    I need:
    20/200 Mystic Coins
    0/100 Amalgamated Gemstones
    These are incredibly expensive (and/or time consuming) as you probably already know. I know I can farm them given enough time, but I would appreciate every little support in crafting I can get.

Are you still looking for MCs? I'm not doing any legendary crafting so I can spare some, maybe around 20 or so.

• ShadowZX.7801ShadowZX.7801 Member ✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018

Hello everyone,
    I was currently looking to get the Shrine Guardian Jackal Skin, although unfortunately for me, I won't really have the ability to acquire it on my own for a long time. If anyone is feeling generous or is in a position to help me acquire it, it would be very appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and I wish you all a wonderful day!

I am happy to announce that a wonderful person helped me get what I wanted for a long time. A thousand thanks to you, kind knight! <3

• bLind.6278bLind.6278 Member ✭✭✭

I just want a Tempest staff because farming 200 mystic coins and another 200 amalgamated gemstones on top of the other mats for Nevermore is just unrealistic for me at this point.

Sucks, because I kinda want Astralaria as well, and that's similarly expensive as hell.

Anyone know if the Tempest collection is making a return any time soon?

There's a 95% chance I'll be warned for this post, regardless of what it says.

edited May 15, 2018

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:

@Lostyx.6035 said:
    Ahai fellow players,
    I need:
    20/200 Mystic Coins

Are you still looking for MCs? I'm not doing any legendary crafting so I can spare some, maybe around 20 or so.

Yeah. I am still farming for those! Though i don't need as many any more. All in all i still need 50 mystic coins. So your help would be very appreciated! ;)

Also i should really update my wish list for the current numbers...

Edit: updated my wish list!

@Lostyx.6035 said:

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:

@Lostyx.6035 said:
    Ahai fellow players,
    I need:
    20/200 Mystic Coins

Yeah. I am still farming for those! Though i don't need as many any more. All in all i still need 50 mystic coins. So your help would be very appreciated! ;)

Either you've just received some, or I messed up and someone else did :D let me know if you get them!

edited May 16, 2018

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:

@Lostyx.6035 said:

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:

@Lostyx.6035 said:
    Ahai fellow players,
    I need:
    20/200 Mystic Coins

Either you've just received some, or I messed up and someone else did :D let me know if you get them!

Because of technical difficulties i can't look it up in game right now. However i will let you know as soon as i can!^^
    Oh and thank you very much ;)

Edit: If those 25 mystic coins were from you then yes i got them! Thank you very much! ;)

• Meestercat.2748Meestercat.2748 Member ✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

I like to think I’m a humble sort of person, I don’t want or ask for much. But I’m trying to level my Tailoring past 425 so I can start crafting Ascended gear for my Mesmer and the Gossamer Patches are a pain. If anyone has any spare T6 leather lying around that they don’t need, I would be eternally grateful. Even if it’s only a couple of sections, it all helps!

Edit 3: Thanks to the three kind souls who sent the gossamer patches, bolts of damask and gold for my quest. They will be used wisely and I will pay forward in this thread where I can!

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone tell you different." ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• Qwin.1605Qwin.1605 Member

Halluuuu everyone ^^,
    First off...uhm....im not a good "writer" so....i'll just say what I...well...think........I think (Really bad....)
    I am searching for a bit of help....with the Shrine Fox Skin, wich is in the Gem-Store right now.....
    I looked at it and it was love at first sight...xD Im trying to get it from the Black lion chests....but its not working somehow....( Haha...me and my luck...), so a friend told me to look for a bit of help here......wich...i am just doing......jep.......so......i hope someone is reading that...( xD ) and is maybe even helping me with getting it....Joah.....
    I hope...you all have a good day...and.....joah....

• Krystal.3271Krystal.3271 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2, 2018

Greeting everyone~

So far my biggest dream is riding the griffon. Here is my current status:
    Gold: 128/250

Any help would be deeply appreciated and thank you very much in advance. I am in NA server if that matters.

Thank the 2 great people who sent me gold. I am really grateful. <3

UPDATE: COMPLETED
    Thank you everyone for helping me with my griffon. <3

Let justice be done though the heavens fall.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018

I love that this thread exists.

Created my first character Feb 6th, 2018, and am loving the game and the community. So far I've been able to grind out everything I need, but I recently leveled a Thief to 80 with the intention of playing Daredevil - Staff, and even though I have unlocked the Ascended Bo, the weapon model is pretty underwhelming.

What I would love is a: Berserker's Lightward Battlestaff (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker's_Lightward's_Battlestaff).
    This is a very rare drop from VB Cargo containers and Mordremoths chest, and I've used my fair share of crowbars over the past month to no success. It is up for sale in the TP, but at 240g, I can't afford it as I'm working on my Griffon.

I'm hoping some kind soul has one tucked away in a bank slot somewhere.

Thanks!

EDIT: as one generous player suggested in an in-game mail, this item is very rare, and that instead I should ask for gold and then buy it off the TP with a buy order. TY for the advice and the gold.

If the item does show up though, I'll gladly return all the gold received (I'll record the player names)

Gold : (40/183)

• Due to irl leaving me broke
    Gearing and lvling leaving me in game broke as well xD
    I would really like to have a new outfit to change how my characters look a bit. Since my main mesmer has been wearing the same Lyssa outfit since his creation year ago :smiley: I also have taimi outfit that my ranger and scourge are rocking those are the only 2 outfits I currently have.
    My alts are also in the similar situation xD ( excluding my storm inspired ele who is rocking elonian outfits ), while I know there are a ton of customization within the game, since I am currently gearing and constantly changing my gear for better ones I just either waste my transmutations or end up without them ( I also dont have a lot of interesting looks unlocked yet ) xD This is also a huge prob on my PvP warrior since I just started to lvl her in PvE as well, I want to look pretty while being obliterated by those scourges :smiley:
    Sadly I dont have a screenshot to show u my beautiful mesmer with his pink dreads and pink beard :smiley: I main mesmer for PvE and everything with alts asura scourge who is all in neon blue/pink sylvari male ranger who is all pink :smiley: I have a problem I know xD And I have a PvP warrior who I made to look very elonian with huge violet colored afro :D and I am super proud that 1st I snatched the name Okoye Munroe ( Okoye from black panther and surname of Storm from x men ) and 2nd that I am so loving her in PvP that I want to get her to lvl in PvE as well xD I never ever played a warrior class in my life! Untill now.

So If anyone wants to make my characters fashionable ty I really dont have a preferred outfit since I do like bunch of them, so sorry for not being specific I would just like to spice up my view while Im playing a bit :smiley: ( I changed the colors of my lyssa outfir 5 times this week on my mesmer ), so sorry that I am not specific. If not oh well I got to brag about my Dora Milaje PvP love <3

• Qwin.1605Qwin.1605 Member

@Qwin.1605 said:
    Halluuuu everyone ^^,
    First off...uhm....im not a good "writer" so....i'll just say what I...well...think........I think (Really bad....)
    I am searching for a bit of help....with the Shrine Fox Skin, wich is in the Gem-Store right now.....
    I looked at it and it was love at first sight...xD Im trying to get it from the Black lion chests....but its not working somehow....( Haha...me and my luck...), so a friend told me to look for a bit of help here......wich...i am just doing......jep.......so......i hope someone is reading that...( xD ) and is maybe even helping me with getting it....Joah.....
    I hope...you all have a good day...and.....joah....

Heyyyy, just wanted to say that i got it ^°^ ...Just wanted to tell you guys that i really appreciate this Forum and of course you awesome people. ^^

• GetWrecked.3290GetWrecked.3290 Member ✭✭
    edited June 23, 2018

I am really glad this thread exists to help out everyone (including a nub like me) to achieve their goals or speed it up! The past few days I have been searching for a game where the community were active and helpful, so happy that I found GW2, which is exactly that and more.

Ever since I bought the PoF expansion, I have always been awe-struck by the various mounts available, all obtainable by questing. That is, apart from the Griffon. I pretty much spent my limited savings on getting the expansion, and have none left to spare for gems to trade in for the 250 gold that I need for it. I just need the Griffon mount to complete my mount collection! I would like to thank everyone who lends a helping hand, and I hope you will get good karma along your way.

TLDR Desire: 250 gold for a wonderful Griffon Mount!
    Goal: 78/250 gold <--- Will edit accordingly

Thankuuuuu :) :P :D

EDIT 7/6/18: Any amount would help vastly to my experience! Currently farmed 5 gold, will update when I farm more
    EDIT 10/6/18: OMG, Thank you so much to the person who donated me some gold! You are a really generous person and I LOVE U!!! I'm not sure if you wanted to be anonymous, so message me if you want your name here! :D
    EDIT 22/6/18: Managed to farm some gold myself, doing Silverwastes and whatnot, but irdk what I am doing wrong, I WANT MY GRIFFON NAW!!!! xD

• levcsu.7892levcsu.7892 Member ✭✭
    edited June 6, 2018

Dear Users!
    I dont want to ask for this item (cus I CANT - in the past someone already helped me with one glider, and Im not want to begging or exploiting the rules), but I really really want to know this:
    Today I be able to topup my account with gems to purchase the ninetail mount skin, but I think IT will be out of the store (or already gone/removed).

• question: anyone know when it will be purchaseable again to buy it?

thank you for your reply!!! <3

Best MMO community ever :) <3

Relentless
    EU @ Piken Square - Hungarian Mentor
    "Nem halott az mi fekszik örökkön, a halál sem ér át végtelen időkön..."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.