Which Elder Dragon do you want to focus on most after Kralkatorrik?

Cyrin.1035

I've voted DSD, but I want it with a twist. We need to go to Cantha to save it.

With all his added powers, including the mental domain from Mordremoth, I want Kralk to now be a reasoning and reasonable World Ending Engine of Destruction. We feel we're finally ready to face him and he... talks. Explains that he simply is what he is, and the world is meant to function with him in it. He can't avoid being what he is, but maybe he can work with us to do a bit less harm for now? Oh, and by the way... those people in Cantha may be about to kill an Elder Dragon of their own. We might want to rush over there and do something about that.

Now, that's not to say that we'd be friends with the DSD. I want it to be a thing of horror and nightmares. And we'll fight it some, too. But our main goal will be to overthrow the forces about to destroy it, and maybe reopen Cantha to non-human races in the process. Get some more sensible people in charge. You know... before they all die anyway.

Primordus and Jormag are back to sleep, and I don't think we'll awaken them right away. Might take an expansion or two before that happens.

So yeah, the next in line is Selbbub. Could match a Canthan expansion well enough, as the "secret villain", so we don't now it's him until the end.

@"Cyrin.1035" said:p892zp3.jpg

This one looks great.

@Palador.2170 said:I've voted DSD, but I want it with a twist. We need to go to Cantha to save it.

With all his added powers, including the mental domain from Mordremoth, I want Kralk to now be a reasoning and reasonable World Ending Engine of Destruction. We feel we're finally ready to face him and he... talks. Explains that he simply is what he is, and the world is meant to function with him in it. He can't avoid being what he is, but maybe he can work with us to do a bit less harm for now? Oh, and by the way... those people in Cantha may be about to kill an Elder Dragon of their own. We might want to rush over there and do something about that.

Now, that's not to say that we'd be friends with the DSD. I want it to be a thing of horror and nightmares. And we'll fight it some, too. But our main goal will be to overthrow the forces about to destroy it, and maybe reopen Cantha to non-human races in the process. Get some more sensible people in charge. You know... before they all die anyway.

I want some cool twist like that too. Maybe the Canthans enslaved Selbbub, and are using him for evil.

Dragon empire, this time with an actual dragon!

I vote to save Primordus as the Apex,he has quite a status from gw1, plus he's not just the most destructive one, he's in name and essence primordial.I always pictured him to be the eldest or the 'best' elder dragon. He's got the short end of the stick due to Balthazar draining him, and feeding it back to Kralka, but ultimately, I think Primo would and should rise to position no.1

I guess you missed the whole LWS3 right? Primordous and Jormag as taking a nap once more...I'm thinking we will end up having to find a way to replicate the Blood Stones to seal off all of the wild magic and stabilize the ley lines again. Maybe Zojja will return with the solution?

...also, I kinda hope Kralk kills Joko...

Missed the "I don't care much about the Dragons because being basically forces of nature, with no other motivation than being what they are and doing what they do, doesn't make them very interesting enemies to begin with"-option but, oh well, if I had to chose between the options given: I'd go for Sbubbles.

Mainly because I think UW combat is one of the mechanics that make the world of Tyria more immersive and complete. I can still remember that, having explorable UW content, UW combat and gear and even instanced content, in story and Dungeons, was one of the first thing that wow'd me on this game. It just felt so much more real that you could explore the bodies of water in this world. So many other games chicken out on this, water wass insta death because eventhough our heores fight all sorts of demons/monsters/dragons/whateveres, we're also bad swimmers...sure. Or every body of water was surrounded by some invisible wall...feelscheapman.I would really love if ANet would return some ressources to UW again. I get that movement in a real three dimensional environment is not for everyone and maybe they shouldn't go too crazy with the puzzles or swimming in close quarters, should they ever go UW again, but it's something one can get used to, the fractal crowd had to, the PvE crowd had to if they wanted map completion, not so much that you like it, but as much as you cen get through with it. I also see that an UW overhaul would involve changing/fixing/adding a lots of stuff to make it good and kinda on par with gameplay on land. Still I'd wish for it and to make it happen, I think, we would have have a reason to go UW within the story of the game. What better reason than to meet the deep sea dragon? ;) ...also Largos ...also more dead Quaggans(no h8, don't judge m8)

@"lokh.2695" said:Missed the "I don't care much about the Dragons because being basically forces of nature, with no other motivation than being what they are and doing what they do, doesn't make them very interesting enemies to begin with"-option

I can understand that opinion, but I think them being forces of nature is a far more interesting and all-encompassing danger than the petty motivations behind whichever villain wants to start trouble at the time. I couldn't care less about Joko or Balthazar's selfish desires. At least not as a main story arc. The threat of a force of nature where we can either see them as enemies or as something to control or protect has far more dimensions, motivations from those who are dealing with them and affected by them, and vast story potential IMO.

If they had designed Balthazar's arc, motivations, and the outcome with his character better, it would have been a great way to have a villain other than the dragons, yet still tied to them so both major storylines can develop. So far, I haven't seen GW 2 handle non-dragon, major story arcs well. GW 1 did these types of stories far better.

@"Lonami.2987" said:Primordus and Jormag are back to sleep, and I don't think we'll awaken them right away. Might take an expansion or two before that happens.

So yeah, the next in line is Selbbub. Could match a Canthan expansion well enough, as the "secret villain", so we don't now it's him until the end.

@"Cyrin.1035" said:
p892zp3.jpg

This one looks great.

Not sure if attacking that ship, or making out with it.

I know this old, but lets be honest, does it really matter which dragon is next or last? Here is why, given that we learned about the dragons sharing the powers of a downed elder dragon leads me to this idea...

The elder dragons are just avatars of the TRUE source of all magic in the GW2 realm. That like Lazarus, what we are seeing are specialized fragments in order to spread the absorption of magic quicker and better (like the mouth of Zhaitan and Mordremoth). And maybe the ley line anomalies, bloodstone mad Mursaat, loose magic, and maybe even the Eternal Alchemy, are all tied to this TRUE source and because the various life forms of Tyria are leeches and parasites that is actually draining this TRUE source and so it does not get to weak or is killed, it has to survive by ridding itself the the leeches and parasites? That the elder dragons are actually antibodies that are curing and healing the TRUE source?

Bubbles! Anet seem to hate the underwater content but maybe they secretly like it and it'll be in part of a next expansion? I hope so. The underwater combat needs a little bit of work but I'm sure they'll be able to do it. If they do I'd hope to have a mount underwater with a shark skin. There's nothing I'd want more than to ride a shark into the deepest part of the ocean and fight a dragon.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I’d prefer that they just wrap up the entire dragon thing and move onto something else. I’m already bored of spending 5.5 years on them.

What would you like to explore? What are you interested in from the GW lore?

So far we've had that absolutely riveting story of Balthazar and his childish resentment towards the other gods, the captivating soap opera with Caudecus, and the completely original dictator plot with Joko...

Personally, I find stories about world-altering, magic-absorbing dragons and the races unifying in order to discover ways in handling the dragon threat more interesting. I can't imagine GW 2 or beyond keeping much interest overall with the two-dimensional, predictable caricatures for villains they have had so far.

Wouldn't you like to learn the mystery of the Deep Sea Dragon, the largos, the truth of the Eternal Alchemy, Aurene's future, and Cantha's current state?