Need Help With Google Sheets and API Refresh — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ArenaNet Forum Chat for May: This month’s forum conversation about the original Guilds Wars is open now. Member posts will be accepted through Friday afternoon Pacific Time (5/25) and devs will be answering questions and sharing insights through June 15th in the AFC subforum.

Need Help With Google Sheets and API Refresh

Hi,

Okay, so I'm totally pulling my hair out over this. Way back in August/September, I created a lovely little Google Spreadsheet that was a simple sheet that called the API to get an item name, an item sell price, and an item buy price. I used various basic math formulas from there, and all was well. To get Google to refresh the cells, all I had to do was close down or refresh the page and everything would update.

Fast forward to now after a long break from the game, and the sheet no longer updates on its own. I have to delete or cut the info out of the cell, and then put it back into the cell in order to get the latest information. I have 80 + cells, I cannot do this every day, let alone every hour or however long it is that I last used it and need to use it again. Google research has been completely dry, the only things I can find are features that only affect Google's own integrated calls but not any custom ones. Can anybody offer a script solution or another way to get Google Sheets to simply refresh the cells?

Comments

• I'm sure Google changed how it works a while ago. The results of custom formulas are now persistently cached. I'm sure it didn't use to persist between sessions some time ago. But it works as follows: as long as the parameters don't change, the result won't be updated. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution on hand.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.