Bow String Issues with Weapon Swap and Mounts [Merged]

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to have been fixed with the latest patch. I could swear I still got my bow string to disappear a few times early on, but I've since unequipped and reequipped my bow and I haven't managed to make it happen since. So if this is still happening to anyone out there, unequip and reequip your bow and maybe that's that.

You guys at Anet are awesome, thank you for listening!

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The issue is much improved so I know they're aware of it but I managed to make it happen again. Maybe it has something to do with the mount engage skill (I used raptor in particular into a swarm of forged)?

As before remounting or unequipping and reequipping the bow fixes it for a time until you engage with your mount I guess? I'll do it again and see what happens.

EDIT2: Yup. It's the mount engage skill. Curiously, the bug has changed. The mount engage breaks the bowstring straight away as before it needed you to swap in combat, and while remounting "fixes" it, it breaks when you use the mount skill.

The only way to "fix" it now is to unequip and requip the bow and it'll be fixed until the next time you use your mount to engage enemies. Tried it with raptor and sand jackal to the same effect, assuming all mounts do it.

Hope that helps getting it fixed.

EDIT3: Noticed another weird thing. Moving what weapon slot the bow is in from slot 1 to slot 2 or vice versa breaks the bow string. Bow strings are weird. But I love them (especially the new fancy effect ones) and I wish they'd stop breaking. :weary:

EDIT4: Using dismount and not using your engage skill does not break the bow string. :bleep_bloop:

• 2 weeks later...

Tested this, exactly as described. Mount engage -> string gone. Mount / Unmount -> string is back again.http://ray.syroot.com/guildwars2/lbstring.png

Another thing which often disappears after mount engage is even more annoying... it's my ranger pet. It's really silly to manually have to unstove it, especially because it happens so randomly.

Also, what the hell? Trying to reproduce this made me constantly get this pose here after swapping from LB to GS immediately after shooting once. My character is already holding the GS, but is still in the LB pose.http://ray.syroot.com/guildwars2/lb2gs.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've posted a similar thread detailing this bug and over the months, the nature of it has changed. I've put all the information here in one singular post as opposed to multiple edits I'd done as it happened.

Before the bow string would break upon weapon swap but that's since been fixed.

Now the bow string breaks when you use your mounts engage skill. It can be any mount and any bow. Curiously, if you use your mount dismount key as opposed to your engage skill, this keeps your bow string intact.

Another oddity is moving your bow from weapon slot 1 to 2 or vice versa also breaks the bow string. Not sure if it's related in any way, but just something I came across in my messing around with this. I've documented a lot of the things that break it in detail in my original thread here.

Thanks for reading.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a good thing my ranger is a huntsman, because bow strings are still broken as of the latest patch.

@Gaile Gray.6029 my favorite double bow ranger! Surely you've noticed that your bow strings are broken when you start a fight using your mounts engage skill, yes? They don't fix until you remount and then they break again next fight.

If you happen upon this post see for yourself and pass this along, please? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Broken bow strings on mount engage skill is still a thing as of the latest update. I will also add that I've noticed the Frost Wasp Logging tool "Frosty" bit that the character used to shoot out of their hands has also gone away.

Offering it up as it might be related. It's been broken as long as bow strings have been and maybe it correlates? :no_mouth:

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno about years since prior to mounts it wasn't an issue for me. But ever since around the creation of this thread back in February, maybe as far back as late January of this year, yes. They've been bugged.

Especially with newer bows with fancy bow strings, it's pretty annoying having them vanish for utilizing your mount.

They're aware of the bug because they did fix an earlier version of it where using a mount + weapon swapping would permanently destroy your bow string unless you manually re-equipped the bow or changed maps/relog.

Now it comes back when you mount and then dismount (sometimes).

Still breaks when you use the engage skill. May or may not fix by mounting/dismounting. Tends to fix when you interact with something that forces you to dismount such as a gathering node.

Always breaks when you decide to use your mounts engage skill regardless. So the workarounds for getting it back are always going to be temp fixes if you have any intention of using your mounts.

Thanks for the bump.