Not enough easy accessible Mastery Points in New Expansion [Spoilers]

Why is this thread keep getting dig up....

By a quick wiki (or actually playing a game ...explore a bit of the first map). You will find that you will got:

-2 channels mastery point that 's hand out to you nearby Amnoon city.

-1 point is from pretty easy memory game at the north of the map.

-3 points just form playing " through " act 1 story of PoF(No need for any extra achivement!)

Raptor 3 need only 6 points to unlock.

You have enough mastery point for raptor 3 from just doing that. You not even have to touch that chef minigame people claimed to be impossible.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:You can do it that way, most of my friends did that. but it seems that you missed a beat somewhere, i mean i count 4 mastery point insights from the first map alone, the ones that don't need special mounts.

The only way I can think of 4 on the first map is if you do the chef (which many gave up in frustration) or utilized the bug for the one in the grotto. Once you get raptor 3 you can do the memory game. Most people had to branch out to other maps to get the points needed to level their raptor to 3.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:You can do it that way, most of my friends did that. but it seems that you missed a beat somewhere, i mean i count 4 mastery point insights from the first map alone, the ones that don't need special mounts.

The only way I can think of 4 on the first map is if you do the chef (which many gave up in frustration) or utilized the bug for the one in the grotto. Once you get raptor 3 you can do the memory game. Most people had to branch out to other maps to get the points needed to level their raptor to 3.

Why do you need Raptor 3 to do the memory game? You can just walk to it if you want!

@costepj.5120 said:

Why do you need Raptor 3 to do the memory game? You can just walk to it if you want!

Maybe I am misremembering the map as I have not been there in awhile. I thought the only two paths were to jump the gorge or over the rocks to the east.

@Menadena.7482 said:

You really do not need to branch out to other maps for the 6 points you need for Raptor 3 at all;

The ones that don’t require any other mount (only Raptor if at all);(Achi) Pahans Memory Game (A Trip Down Memory Lane, has a map icon)(Achi)Pot of Soup (Just a Sip, has a map icon)Amnoon Bazaar Insight (has Map Icon)Old Amnoon Insight ( has Map Icon)(Achi) Reins of the Raptor, requires basic raptor and to do the Hearts in COCO Bounty Tour (3 bounties, 1 from each board location)

That's 6 right there, all in Crystal Oasis, none requiring more than the basic raptor.

You get another 2 MP from doing Blazing a Trail and Night of Fires, which doesn't require more than the Raptor.

That brings your total to 8 points.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@costepj.5120 said:Why do you need Raptor 3 to do the memory game? You can just walk to it if you want!

Maybe I am misremembering the map as I have not been there in awhile. I thought the only two paths were to jump the gorge or over the rocks to the east.

Now you have me doubting myself :) But I know I did that MP during the beta weekend, with only a subset of other MPs available, so I can't imagine I had Raptor 3 beforehand!

@costepj.5120 said:

@costepj.5120 said:Why do you need Raptor 3 to do the memory game? You can just walk to it if you want!

Now you have me doubting myself :) But I know I did that MP during the beta weekend, with only a subset of other MPs available, so I can't imagine I had Raptor 3 beforehand!

You may be right about walking there. I did not do it until much later myself and distinctly remember hopping over the rocks to get there.

@Menadena.7482 said:

The Chef is easy. Just use the options menu to always show item names, and you're set, either that or keep pressing Ctrl.You don't need raptor 3 for the memory game... Dunno who told you that.I didn't count the grotto, no, for that i consider a skimmer necessary.But you have:

• the Chef (which honestly, i don't know how someone can consider that hard, seriously),
  • The underwater one in Amnoon,
  • the one on the rooftops outside Amnoon,
  • The memory game (which doesn't require Raptor 3, btw)

I think i did the sanctum with only raptor, not sure if it was Tier 3 though, so, not counting that.

Plus you have:

• one mastery point from unlocking the raptor;
  • One from the raptor treats (which is basically doing the hearts in the crystal oasis);
  • 2 from the personal story up to the point where OP said he was stuck.

So that's 8/6 required for Raptor 3 which can be obtained without doing too much work, 3 of which are basically free, since they're earned by just doing the story. The other 3 (don't even need the Chef if you're that uncoordinated) are easily obtained with basic exploration.

That's all just doing the first map and the personal story up to that point. Nevermind the fact that at the point he's in the story, he should have already explored a bunch of the Highlands, which has it's own easy access to Mastery points. So, in all honesty i don't know what's all the complaints about.

@"Ashabhi.1365" said:When you say "easily accessable" do you mean that you can't just walk up to them and commune? Or do you mean that you can't get there period?

The simple answer to the first part is that sometimes you have to take friends with you, such as most of the HP challenges and some of the mastery points in Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, etc. The answer to the second part is more difficult. I found one mastery point where I was standing on the icon in the map, but it said that it was 12K above me... and there was only sky. That is an issue.

That one is, in fact, floating in a ghost castle in the sky that is only visible at night, and accessible via sand portals.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@"Ashabhi.1365" said:When you say "easily accessable" do you mean that you can't just walk up to them and commune? Or do you mean that you can't get there period?

The simple answer to the first part is that sometimes you have to take friends with you, such as most of the HP challenges and some of the mastery points in Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, etc. The answer to the second part is more difficult. I found one mastery point where I was standing on the icon in the map, but it said that it was 12K above me... and there was only sky. That is an issue.

That one is, in fact, floating in a ghost castle in the sky that is only visible at night, and accessible via sand portals.

There is also a hop or two in there. The frustrating thing is a lot of mobs argo you so you need to stop and kill them so you can change mounts each time. Best do it with a friend so you can clear them quickly before they start respawning.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I disagree with Menadena. You do not require the griffon for any of the Mastery Points. Most are accessible even without maxed standard mounts, and I never had an issue with MP in this expansion (i.e., at no point was my XP bar "stuck" due to a lack of MP).

There is one, in the Primeval tomb, that is intended for the griffon.People have found it possible to get to the MP but that takes a lot of effort and a bit of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

@magealita.8072 said:

@VaLee.5102 said:Do the story.

I am on this part too. I can't do the story because I need the canyon jumping to actually do the story. And not sure where to get mastery points outside of the story. It's a catch 22.

How many zones have you actually explored? I haven't done the PoF story yet, but I have all mounts (apart from griffon, of course). I literally just pulled up the wiki article for each zone; that told me which needed a specific mount (and which could be reached in an alternative way). I can attest to the fact that if you explore different zones, you can get enough to upgrade the raptor, then reach the springer which opens a ton more, then get the skimmer which lets you reach still more.

@magealita.8072 said:

@VaLee.5102 said:Do the story.

I am on this part too. I can't do the story because I need the canyon jumping to actually do the story. And not sure where to get mastery points outside of the story. It's a catch 22.

You find the answer in this thread:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@"Vladish.3940" said:

But there is still enough. Story + 4 masteries from Oasis = Raptor 3 with a point to spare. Meaning there is a surplus of 1 point. That means one of the hated memory mini-games cant be entire skipped too for those that hate it, while still having Raptor 3 achievable. I don't do achievements unless I accidentally manage to finish them, so I don't even look at those points. The whole discussion is moot at this point.

This is incorrect according to Dulfy. After the recent patch, there are only TWO points in Oasis reachable without Canyon jumping or using the Dismount method (which has been patched if you read the comments). So the
only
option appears to be doing the story to get past this point? If I am incorrect about this, can someone please explain how to get Canyon Jumping just by exploring with a base Raptor?

You're right, 4 is incorrect. It's actually 5 masteries in the Oasis zone:
  • Meditation point at Elon Bay (underwater)
  • Meditation point a little north of the Amnoon bazaar Point of Interest.
  • Sous-chef challenge
  • Memorization teleporter game
  • "Reins of the Raptor" achievement

With 3 from the story, it adds up to 8. You only need 6.

• 3 weeks later...

I have leveled all my mounts (except for griffon) up to 3rd level and I still have 18 MPs to fully unlock all the levels of every mount I have except griffon but I save them for griffon. I just followed the story. At some point to get to the springer camp you just need to stop following the story and look for the MPs for 2rd level raptor jump. And if you cant simply find them just go to youtube and there are lots of Path of Fire MP guides in which you can almost find all of them with the mounts you have currently

• 5 weeks later...

I started playing PoF and its starting to frustrate me because I need mastery points for my raptor but most that I can find aren't accessible yet or the map shows they are above me, but there's nothing but sky :s I hope once I get the springer mount it gets easier...

• 2 months later...

@"Last Crysis.1934" said:Do you all know how to Google information, just type (gw2 pof mysteries locations).. ..or you can just look on your map for the mastery point. If you don't know how to get to the map just push "m". Pof is the easiest area to find mastery points.

I wish I could down vote you here, but alas I can't. Your comment was rude and quite unhelpful and you spelled masteries mysteries.

@Tere.4759 said:

@"Last Crysis.1934" said:Do you all know how to Google information, just type (gw2 pof mysteries locations).. ..or you can just look on your map for the mastery point. If you don't know how to get to the map just push "m". Pof is the easiest area to find mastery points.

I wish I could down vote you here, but alas I can't. Your comment was rude and quite unhelpful and you spelled masteries mysteries.

also it was spot on. Did you really feel THIS thread was worth necroing though?

@Tere.4759 said:

cut off your drama. He probably gave him the best advice yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...