does anyone know why sometimes your movements slows down

does anyone know why sometimes your movements slows down even though you're not "crippled", "slowed", "hamstrung" or any other effects and condition?

Like sometimes, whether in PVE, raids or pvp or wvw, i'll attack something, then when i move away, my movement becomes super slow. Is this an unaddressed bug?????? and can they fix it?

I've noticed this too. It only happens rarely and I've never been able to reproduce it, but it can be very annoying.

It's much slower than the normal in-combat speed, more like being slowed or crippled but without the condition marker or the limping animation. Sometimes I've been able to break out of it by dodging or gliding briefly - anything that 'resets' the running animation, but once I had to log out and back in to stop it happening.

Unfortunately I've never been able to work out what causes it or reproduce it so I'm not sure my bug reports were any use.

I've encountered a bug where I'll get stuck running at a slower speed as if I was moving backwards. It's probably just the client being out of sync and thinking I am actually moving backwards, since changing movements fixes it. There's also a bug where the character doesn't move at all when initially pressing a key, with the character visibly stuck in the middle of a step, which changing movements also fixes.

@Danikat.8537 said:I've noticed this too. It only happens rarely and I've never been able to reproduce it, but it can be very annoying.

It's much slower than the normal in-combat speed, more like being slowed or crippled but without the condition marker or the limping animation. Sometimes I've been able to break out of it by dodging or gliding briefly - anything that 'resets' the running animation, but once I had to log out and back in to stop it happening.

Unfortunately I've never been able to work out what causes it or reproduce it so I'm not sure my bug reports were any use.

Yeah this is exactly what I'm talking about. It happens to me so much... that causes me to die in PVP or raids...

@Healix.5819 said:I've encountered a bug where I'll get stuck running at a slower speed as if I was moving backwards. It's probably just the client being out of sync and thinking I am actually moving backwards, since changing movements fixes it. There's also a bug where the character doesn't move at all when initially pressing a key, with the character visibly stuck in the middle of a step, which changing movements also fixes.That last problem happens to me quite often.

Another movement issue I run into all the time is the failing auto-run. I press the auto-run key. Nothing happens. I press it again. Still nothing. I press it a third time, and off we go! My guess is, the first press results in auto-run being flagged as 'on' without movement actually being initiated. The second press then turns it 'off' again.

• 2 months later...

@Samnang.1879 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I've noticed this too. It only happens rarely and I've never been able to reproduce it, but it can be very annoying.

Yeah this is exactly what I'm talking about. It happens to me so much... that causes me to die in PVP or raids...

This happens to me all the time! It's super annoying. Dodges still work at full speed, but everything else, even the escape move when I'm in death mode, is at a forced walk. The only way I've found to fix it is to log out to character select and log back in. I haven't figured out what triggers it exactly, but it seems to happen more frequently after I get a movement debuff during really busy fights (as in, there's a lot of enemies/PCs).

@Kumouta.4985 said:check your keybind for walking. Perhaps you're accidentally clicking it mid-battle.I've never seen anything like this in or outside(utube n stuff) the game.

It's unlikely I'd do that. My walk keybind is V and my skills, movement keys, dodge etc. are on the number pad, arrows and the block of keys above the arrows.

I'm pretty sure I've also tried switching walk on and off at least once and it made no difference. But I'll try again next time this happens to confirm that's not the problem.

• 2 years later...

Anyone ever find a solution to this? My partner just started playing and it's weird - I've never had this issue myself but it happens frequently though randomly to him (even in cities with no combat), and when I logged onto his account on my computer it happened so it's not hardware. Logging out to character select seems to fix it but nothing else does on either of our computers. Any help? This is making playing incredibly frustrating for him. Thank you!