Light Strike 40% nerf went wrong — Guild Wars 2 Forums
New Super Adventure Festival Avatars! In celebration of this year’s Super Adventure Festival, we’ve added a group of new avatars to the bank. Enjoy the new look!

Light Strike 40% nerf went wrong

Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭

In PvP, Light Strike does 40% less now.

But so does Bright Slash and Flash Cutter (the second and third chain skills!

The whole damage chain was nerfed by 40%, the tooltips don't reflect this, and it seems unintended. Game breaking and needs immediate hotfix, IMO

twitch.tv/chaithh
Forum Lord Chaith

Tagged:
<<1

Comments

• Lunateric.3708Lunateric.3708 Member ✭✭✭

Gotta massively bug report this if it's true so it gets fixed asap.

• zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2018

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 take a look......speak up for us if the balance team won't even look into engi correctly please, your our last hope!!! @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

• Coolguy.8702Coolguy.8702 Member ✭✭✭

Might not be a bug, maybe they felt the autos were too strong ig

• coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭

Ugh. I assumed they nerfed the first hit in the chain so you didn't "accidentally" get too much free damage as you autoattack after some other skill (eg. holo leap), you would have to keep auto-attacking to put up good numbers.

If they nerfed the whole chain, that's going to be a huge problem.

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2018

@Coolguy.8702 said:
    Might not be a bug, maybe they felt the autos were too strong ig

They specifically said Light Strike (the first skill) in the skill split thread, not the whole auto chain. The light strike nerf was reasonable, since it was a relatively free hit after other attacks, but the rest of the chain was not a free hit.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    This wasn't intended. We're looking into it.

Ah, thank you.

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Ben.

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Karl McLain.5604 said:
    I come as the bearer of news. The fix is ready, but it may not arrive until the next release. We'll keep you notified if this changes and we can get it in sooner!

May I ask as to why the fix may take so long?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Jinks.2057Jinks.2057 Member ✭✭✭

This wasn't intended. We're looking into it.

Can you comment on Thief AA's, PI, Larc Strike all doing less damage like the engi nerfs?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/34056/damage-nerf-by-the-numbers/p1

• @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    I come as the bearer of news. The fix is ready, but it may not arrive until the next release. We'll keep you notified if this changes and we can get it in sooner!

Bearbow Newscasting?
    (More seriously: thanks for the update. Much appreciated :) ).

"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

but why? This is gonna hurt so much during rank season.

• Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think this will destroy Holosmith for a lot of people this season, myself included. I'll play Scrapper for sure if my Photon Forge basic damage flavor is bugged-wet-noodle. For those that wanted to play Holosmith in ranked season but now can't or don't, NaCl levels will be significant..

I hope hotfix and a step up to QA will follow soon.

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

May I ask as to why the fix may take so long?

I'm also quite curious why this will take until the next release to implement the change in program code.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• Play chaith's scrapper build meanwhile

• Coolguy.8702Coolguy.8702 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018

@Chaith.8256 said:
    I think this will destroy Holosmith for a lot of people this season, myself included. I'll play Scrapper for sure if my Photon Forge basic damage flavor is bugged-wet-noodle. For those that wanted to play Holosmith in ranked season but now can't or don't, NaCl levels will be significant..

I hope hotfix and a step up to QA will follow soon.

Photon forge still hits hard, , just dont spam autoattack and use other 4 skills and you’ll be good

• I was wondering why Holo felt completely gutted in WvW and PvP. This is a massive bug and basically makes the class unplayable in competitive modes. AOE cleave damage is all the class brings, and the auto chain is the biggest part of that.

sadly, With how things are AA is 100% needed the overall 40% lost on ALL strikes style from photo is just to big. I'm gonna have to agree and possibly stick to scrapper for the mean while till that gets fix.

Imo their both in between the same tier at the moment, Engi overall is in a REALLY bad state.

• LilBiM.3581LilBiM.3581 Member ✭✭

Also, while we are on the topic of broken Holo, please fix Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit (PvE, WvW, PvP) since it doesn't give might at set intervals when over 100 heat. Thanks.

• Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

thank you for the timely response , heck thank you for responding as a whole , also happy holidays or easter .

Hahaha. I hate Holosmith with the flimsy auto-attacks, all the builds I like involve a good bit of quickness auto-attacking. Can't wait for a fix so I can enjoy the spec.

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

@Karl McLain.5604 said:

any updates/info please on this matter?

• so if i understand this correct, holo fix will first come at next balance patch?

• I imagine i> @Hederrain.9207 said:

so if i understand this correct, holo fix will first come at next balance patch?

I took it as the next release update, so whenever they update the game (usually on a Tuesday). It is funny how many bugs Engineer got hit with. We should consolidate a list of issues on here.

• oke ty mate. well cant wait to get 3-4k crit dmg back from my chain when this is fixed anyway. i hope they fix scrapper issues aswell.

• So, was this fixed and just not included in the patch notes? Or are we indeed playing with a nerfed Holo for the next few months?

• Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:
    So, was this fixed and just not included in the patch notes? Or are we indeed playing with a nerfed Holo for the next few months?

Not-so-fun fact : Yes 😔

• LUST.7241LUST.7241 Member ✭✭✭

Sigh... They addressed a Mesmer bug but didn't want to loop in this fix. Guess no hardcore Holosmith'ing this PvP season...

All my alts are just storage for my Engi.

• Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:
    So, was this fixed and just not included in the patch notes? Or are we indeed playing with a nerfed Holo for the next few months?

Not-so-fun fact : Yes 😔

Never forget the bugged bombs. Made engi unplayable for like 3 months at Hot launch. Engi bugfixes are just not something they care at all about.
    At least there is the slight chance that it will get fixed with the next balance patch in ~6weeks.

Any news on this bug, guys?

• Bovan.9481Bovan.9481 Member ✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018

Was just confirmed on Chaith's stream by Ben that this got fixed already. It didn't get included in the patchnotes somehow.
    Tested it in-game to be sure, and it did get fixed.

In all honesty I never stopped playing Holosmith. I never really noticed it much either way.

• @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Yeah, sorry about that. We somehow missed the note on this fix. My apologies!

Thank you for the update as well as fixing this for us Holo players.

Yeah, sorry about that. We somehow missed the note on this fix. My apologies!

Thanks Ben.

• Toron.4856Toron.4856 Member ✭✭✭

holo was actually completly fine with the whole aa chain nerfed tbh...

@Toron.4856 said:

Yeah, no.

@Toron.4856 said:

I know what you mean, because the Vent Exhaust build basically never auto-attacks..

Some Holosmith builds which are already underdog somewhat, like Enhanced capacity storage need the quickness autos.

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

<<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.