Stuck in loading screen

@Rob.6315 said:Same issue and annoying as hell, switch maps and bang the load circle stops, the map can be heard behind with all the interactions going on, people say they can see you.. that if you hit wsad etc they can see you moving around, but client wise you have the annoying as hell loading screen over the top.

Its like the code to remove the load in splash screen never triggers.. Anet need to do something about it.

Same problem here. Only way to avoid reboot or relog is to have game in fullscreen window and then close game.

I've found a fix. Turn off all overlays. Especially discord overlay. I wasn't using discord overlay but it was on and the hook from that plugin is the problem. I've had this problem in the past with other games and steam overlay. I was getting stuck multiple times an hour loading for days on end until I turned off discord overlay. Not one problem for a week now playing dozens of hours.

• 3 weeks later...

@G Rider.8013 said:I've found a fix. Turn off all overlays. Especially discord overlay. I wasn't using discord overlay but it was on and the hook from that plugin is the problem. I've had this problem in the past with other games and steam overlay. I was getting stuck multiple times an hour loading for days on end until I turned off discord overlay. Not one problem for a week now playing dozens of hours.

I can 10000000000000 PERCENT confirmed this fixed it for me. Thank you SOOO much!!! I can't believe they still haven't made a response to such a simple fucking issue and you fixed this for me with a simple forum response. You are my king.

@G Rider.8013 said:I've found a fix. Turn off all overlays. Especially discord overlay. I wasn't using discord overlay but it was on and the hook from that plugin is the problem. I've had this problem in the past with other games and steam overlay. I was getting stuck multiple times an hour loading for days on end until I turned off discord overlay. Not one problem for a week now playing dozens of hours.

Work for me to! Thanks!

@Misail.3028 said:

Work for me to! Thanks!

Sadly for 1 session :anguished:

• 2 years later...

@"G Rider.8013" said:I've found a fix. Turn off all overlays. Especially discord overlay. I wasn't using discord overlay but it was on and the hook from that plugin is the problem. I've had this problem in the past with other games and steam overlay. I was getting stuck multiple times an hour loading for days on end until I turned off discord overlay. Not one problem for a week now playing dozens of hours.

Bingo! I ran into the white-screen-of-death (WSoD) yesterday after deleting and re-downloading/installing the entire game due to a couple of other small issues and had simply copied the arcdps file from the old directory into the new one. Wham! There's the WSoD. No clue why it borked the login screen as arcdps has always performed flawlessly on my rigs. I found your suggestion after searching and trying other "fixes" et voila! Now I'm going to go get a fresh copy of arc and see if it behaves again.Thanks! :)