Daily achievement points not working?

To check if you've reached the cap, open up your achievement panel and mouseover the ANet symbol/orb in the upper left corner. Add up "daily" and "monthly" points. The maximum is 15k.

Unfortunately, there's nothing in the game that explains this. I'd like to see a minor achievement (for maybe a consolation 10 AP) when you reach the cap, one that triggers an email that explains the cap. At the very least, I'd like to see a way to track it in the UI. "Mouseover" is good for extra info; it's a shame to hide something that every veteran will eventually encounter.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Unfortunately, there's nothing in the game that explains this. I'd like to see a minor achievement (for maybe a consolation 10 AP) when you reach the cap, one that triggers an email that explains the cap. At the very least, I'd like to see a way to track it in the UI. "Mouseover" is good for extra info; it's a shame to hide something that every veteran will eventually encounter.

Or at the very least change the 10ap to 0 afterwards...

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"shalywen.9548" said:Oh wow, and why the hell is there a cap?

Every source of AP has a cap.That and those pesky AP hunters didn’t want to log in every day for eternity to keep their somewhat meaningless top spot on the leaderboard.

Imo, the daily AP cap could be removed if AP wasn’t visible to other players at all.

Ok but there's no reason to put a cap when you have rewards at regular intervals, but you continue to change how you gain those points. It's a complete nonsense. Also, who cares to be in a top spot for such a thing? We had the chance to do a ton of AP when the game was released, then they changed that maybe...3 times? more? but we still have a chest reward every 500 ap, armor pieces with larger gaps between them. I'm not a "chinese farmer", i can play the game a lot in a particular moment, just log in for the dailies like i'm doing now that I play other things, etc...why should I be penalized and be forced to do maybe some things I'm not interested in to reach those goals? I still like the game, playing it from day one (well, day -3 cause I preordered it), played GW1 too, but every decision arenanet makes, seems to be going to privilege farmers/botters instead of long time players, and that's sad, because that's not what they promised with their (now bullshit) manifesto.

CAP$$$$$$.... After the hundreds of dollars I've spent over the last 4 1/2 years on Gems... it feels like a slap to me.Most players do not know of this cap, nor can I see a need for it.
You can disagree all you want, if you don't have 22,110 experience points that just stopped! I was really looking forward to completing the armour sets. WHY Anet???Heller Hiwater

• 1 year later...

This is a major disappointment for myself after almost 8 years of play, and every other long time player that I have talked with.And to find out by chance because it is not clear (i wonder why?) was really hurtful. Now I have beat myself to death with Scepter Master, Weapon Master -Etc. etc.only to find out TODAY ! my points are Simply NOT applied... Like I didn't even do the work? NOT Fair! I am bummed !! and I am NOT alone.

• 10 months later...

Goodnight.

I have been doing several tests these last days and I have realized that the 10 points of achievement of the daily are not counting in the total points of my account. A few days ago I had 31,758 and today after 4 days at least I still have 31,758 points.What I have tried is to make an achievement any of the collection achievements of the back of the priory and the achievement point if you have told me. So I think the problem in my case is in the daily achievements.

Thanks for your time.

Just hover over the AP's in the Hero Panel and it'll show you what you have towards the daily/monthly limit. Or look it up on gw2efficiency.com.

There have been a great many times I haven't done a daily, so I'm only at 11,664 even though I've played from the beginning. Yay for me? :anguished:

@"arges.3784" said:Goodnight.

I have been doing several tests these last days and I have realized that the 10 points of achievement of the daily are not counting in the total points of my account. A few days ago I had 31,758 and today after 4 days at least I still have 31,758 points.What I have tried is to make an achievement any of the collection achievements of the back of the priory and the achievement point if you have told me. So I think the problem in my case is in the daily achievements.

Thanks for your time.

Daily Achievement Points are capped at 15,000 (for Daily and Monthly APs).More information here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)