"Screenshot Folder is Full" Error

Ok, so tonight I go to take some screencaps and the client tells me the folder is full. I empty the folder, but the message repeats itself. I close the client, delete the folder completely, refresh it, then restart the game. STILL, it gives me the same message, telling me the folder is FULL, though it clearly is not! So I restart my PC, checking to see if there are any updates (Windows 10). After it restarts, I run repair on the game client . . . once that's complete, I once again start the game, aaaaand no cigar. What gives?! My OneDrive is off, so that is not the issue either. I would really appreciate some advice.

actually i started to get the same problem now ... didnt have it when OP started to get it but since today i also cant create any new screenshots for GW2 :/

I also tried all the usual things but it just always says "screenshot folder is full"

edit: Somehow dont have the problem anymore now ... still no idea what caused it and what solved it

@"Shaogin.2679" said:Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Someone posted that under Windows 10 you have the option to have your screenshots saved to OneDrive instead of locally on your PC. If you have that feature activated, the screenshot folder that is referred to as "being full" is the OneDrive one, not the one on your local drive.

• 2 years later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:For me, the solution was to put the YoloMouse folder in my antivirus' list of exceptions! It was causing the issue. Perhaps that goes for other add-ons as well.

Thank you, I put my yolomouse in the exceptions and that didn't change anything so I put the gw2 folder itself in the exceptions and that worked. Funny considering I don't use any active addons.

• 2 months later...

@Miss Lana.5276 said:Thank you, I put my yolomouse in the exceptions and that didn't change anything so I put the gw2 folder itself in the exceptions and that worked. Funny considering I don't use any active addons.I can confirm this. I shut down my Avast antivirus temporarily and immediately I could take screenshots again. So adding GW2 to your exceptions list for your antivirus is probably the solution.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings, 

Your User Account Control might be limiting the permissions your Guild Wars 2 client has. Try the following steps to see if it might fix your issue :

1 )Find the "Gw2-64.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2". 

2) Right click on the .exe file and Run as administrator.

3) Make sure your screenshot folder is not full (I think it caps at 999 screens) (situated in C:\Users\ [username] \Documents\Guild Wars 2\Screens\).

4) Log in your account and try taking a screenshot. 

Hope this will help ! Cheers !

PS : If you're using a shortcut , you can go in its properties to the shortcut tab , advanced and check the run as administrator box.

Edited by GooseBumps.6509
typo