A-Net Please make it easier to the Gift of battle.

Last Crysis.1934

Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of the easiest components to get for a legendary now. If you're totally allergic to wvw then stick with a zerg (ie ask in team chat for open tag) to get your participation up and can either continue for a few hours (better as you're being useful) or afk and tag a sentry/flip back a camp near spawn (will usually be with allies and no enemies in sight) when participation falls low. Use the new reward track enrichment and whatever boosters to get it faster.

Core tyria map completion is by far the most soul destroying thing for gen1 legendaries. HoT mao completion is also more challenging, especially dragon's stand due to having to wait for the meta event timer. Nevermind that you have to put in conscious effort to get around the maps. Makes GoB look like an easy daily. GoB is a largely passive process once getting participation up. :)

Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle.Generally said i feel the same way. WvW is just not my gamemode. I done a farm marathon the first time i need the GoB and it was a torment for myself. These days i just play about a half hour in wvw. Just get on a map looking for a commi who is running a public zerg and join it. Meanwhile i have even fun and sometimes i play a whole evening. Don't force yourself to do it in a short period of time if you are not into this type of gamemode. To make an easier/shorter way to get GoF is imo way to unfair to pure WvW players. They have to do plenty of pve content to get their shinys.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

I have a dozen stacks of these, super easy to get

@FASTCAR.7831 said:

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

But that dude means... that for pver is annoying to make one :D I have lot of them too... but for wvwers doesnt matter... u can click one reward track and another... till you have all :D

Gift of Battle is already extremely easy to get, it takes anywhere between 4-8 hrs of casual gameplay to acquire, it doesn’t need to be any easier to achieve, you don’t even have to fight players to achieve it in those 4-8hr. How do you think people feel about GoE? It takes over 20+ hrs of PvE but you don’t see those people that hate PvE complaining.

Also fun fact you can get GoB without ever having to leave Spawn just saying, but don’t expect that to be done in a timely manner, you want it in a reasonable amount of time? Do the gamemode that provides it, want to get it in a manner not intended? It’s going to be a long haul.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Anet pls having to spend 2000 gold and 30+ hours doing PvE for gift of exploration is ruining the game.

Please reduce material costs to 20g and give us world exploration for entering LA. But only for people who WvW cause we find PvE boring.

And add a level req to the T2 wvw armor so that not everybody can just get it. :tongue:

@FASTCAR.7831 said:

So... You have 3000 GoB?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

So... You have 3000 GoB?

Nah, he got lazy and stopped at 10 stacks. :tongue:

How are you playing? Have you tried running around solo, hitting the tiny camps? If you have a durable support-type build (I use Druid) you can usually take out a tiny camp on your own, better yet, you may run into another roamer or two and be able to take them out together. (Watch out for the invulnerable NPC, they are on a timer, but it will run out if you keep them from killing you for a few minutes.) You can also keep an eye on any of the NPC areas bordering your territory, waiting for a chance to take them over or renew your alliance. Rewards come slower like this than when you are in the big zerg, but it's a heck of a lot more fun. And yeah, you will still die sometimes. If you have any speed boost or stealth-type skills, it may help you to outrun and escape enemies you don't want to fight. (Though the occasional one-on-one slugfest is kind of fun, too, if you don't care a lot whether you win it.)

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Just stack all the boosters you can and join a zerg. I got my gift of battle this way in less than 3h.

That would be a bit impossible. Even with max points per tick, and bonuses from Diamond chest track, it should be around 6h. Still, not long.

Quick math shows that it takes 4.2hrs with full boosters before participation bonus it capped at 4.5hrs.

It's already too easy and requires literally nothing but time.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

How are you playing? Have you tried running around solo, hitting the tiny camps? If you have a durable support-type build (I use Druid) you can usually take out a tiny camp on your own, better yet, you may run into another roamer or two and be able to take them out together. (Watch out for the invulnerable NPC, they are on a timer, but it will run out if you keep them from killing you for a few minutes.) You can also keep an eye on any of the NPC areas bordering your territory, waiting for a chance to take them over or renew your alliance. Rewards come slower like this than when you are in the big zerg, but it's a heck of a lot more fun. And yeah, you will still die sometimes. If you have any speed boost or stealth-type skills, it may help you to outrun and escape enemies you don't want to fight. (Though the occasional one-on-one slugfest is kind of fun, too, if you don't care a lot whether you win it.)

I pretty much run from camp to camp killing any npc I can or I repair a wall. I hate all forms of pvp it stresses me out so if I see another player I try to tp away, if I can't I just /sit and let them kill me. Having to go up against another player that t know I will loss against just stresses me out and that ends up making me nauseous. I did not start playing this game to be stressed. So yes be force into WvW where I have to pvp is ruining the game.

Sit in SMC and repair walls, it's the participation meta these days, and players are ok with it.If walls are fully repaired then sit on a treb and hit a tower, you can use a penny to hold down your number 1, ez pz.Oh and get a good book out to read or a movie or two to watch in the meantime.

@"Last Crysis.1934" said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

The entire reason for the Gift of Battle requirement is to encourage people to play WvW. Given that, six hours in one session or twelve hours over multiple sessions is about the least effort ANet could require. Their most recent comment on the topic is that they aren't considering a change, not even a little one.

Since GoB is only required for legendaries and legendaries are purely cosmetic (with a small convenience factor for those who build swap often), nothing forces you to get one. If WvW isn't fun, then reconsider how badly you want a legendary. If the answer remains: "very badly", then instead of asking ANet to lower the requirement, ask people for help reaching your goal.

Put another way: even if ANet agrees with you today that the requirement is too onerous, it's going to be months before they change the acquisition method, probably longer. It's far, far easier and quicker if you figure out how you can adapt to the requirement than for ANet to adapt their game to suit your preferences.