A-Net Please make it easier to the Gift of battle.

Last Crysis.1934

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

I jumped into WvW just to get my gift of battle, and ended up quitting PvE as a result. Stop pouting and play the game mode. You may actually like (love?) It.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Last Crysis.1934" said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

hmmm... It's called "Gift of Battle" because you're supposed to go in and BATTLE. I don't particularly like PvE but I spent hundreds of hours in there doing what needs to be done to get the masteries and xp and gifts etc. needed to get what I wanted. It's all part of the game. Seriously what would be the point of making these things super easy just because someone didn't like doing them? It's like saying to your professor that you want that degree but he should give you easier work to get it. ;)

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

I jumped into WvW just to get my gift of battle, and ended up quitting PvE as a result. Stop pouting and play the game mode. You may actually like (love?) It.

I am not pouting have got my rank up to 100 so yes I have tried to like I really have tried to get over my dislike for WvW and it still stresses me out to no end. I don't find it fun when I am trying to relax after work and enjoy my time.

@"Last Crysis.1934" said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

You DO realize that for wvw players, having to grind for other components (gift of exploration) is a chore as well, right?Short from completely ruining the point of a legendary by removing all sorts of accomplishment, you can't remove all the "chores" for everyone.

Gift of Battle is one of the easiest / less time consuming components to get.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

You DO realize that for wvw players, having to grind for other components (gift of exploration) is a chore as well, right?Short from completely ruining the point of a legendary by removing all sorts of accomplishment, you can't remove all the "chores" for everyone.

Not even the PvE players like the grind for the gift of exploration but there is no random players there trying to kill you. Just mods you can easily run from if they are to hard.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@Blackarps.1974 said:If we can get legendary weapons without touching PvE then I think gift of battle without WvW'ing would be reasonable.

I would be all for that. It would help the ppl who don't like pve and the ones that don't like pvping.

You and me both, bud. Since the start though, WvW players have had the short stick though. Most of us had to PvE there for a long time just to get funds to keep playing WvW. It was annoying.

Have to be honest, the GoB was the easiest/fastest for me to obtain. Clicked on the reward track, joined a zerg and ran around for a couple of hours. I am not sure how much time it took to complete the reward track but it was not a huge time investment and definitely a lot shorter than map complete. As others have said, jump in a squad, join the server TS and just listen to Coms it does help and can be a lot of fun.

Good luck

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

Not even the PvE players like the grind for the gift of exploration but there is no random players there trying to kill you. Just mods you can easily run from if they are to hard.

But how does that make it more relevant to nerf wvw stuff?It's very self-centered to think that what a pve player likes or doesn't like should have the high ground.

If pvp players have to do pve stuff for the legendary, surely pve players would have to do some pvp stuff as well.

NO.They already made it so you no longer have to go into WvW for map completion. Anything more and they may was well revamp the entire game.I don't want to have to go and do map complete in PvE only. They should just give away the gift of exploration because I dont like PvE

I don't want to farm for gold either. Lets just make all materials free. Cause I find farming boring.

Lets just dumb down the game so everyone can just have everything with no effort.

Cause that's basically what you're asking for.Reward with no effort

How long it takes to get the Gift of Battle is fine. The problem is actually in PvP. While one has to do WvW to get a legendary weapon, they can skip PvP altogether.To make it fair and reasonable, the Gift of the Mists should require participating in all of the mists, or none of it.

The Gift of the Mists requires:

• Gift of Battle : Reward track
  • Gift of War : 250 Battle Memories,
  • Gift of Glory : 250 Shards of Glory
  • Cube of stabilized dark energy : Dark energy + 75 stabilizing matrices.

So you can skip pvp and PvE altogether for it.

To make the Gift of the Mists make sense and be fair across all game modes, it should have been:

• Gift of War: 250 battle memories + Gift of Battle.
  • Gift of Glory: 250 shards of glory + Perfect Mists Core
  • Gift of Fractals: 250 +2 infusions, + Fractal Journal

This way there's both things you can buy, and items you have to obtain yourself. And it requires actually playing in all of the mists.

To not force anyone to play any game mode it would have to be something like this instead:

• Gift of War: 250 battle memories
  • Gift of Glory: 250 shards of glory
  • Gift of Fractals: 250 +2 infusions,

But then where would the "legendary" be?

If a carebear complains about it... surely it will make pvp better right?

Guess what? You don't have to get that legendary you want... lol

Just pay $150 and buy it from the trading post. Support these awesome devs man! Great game and great company.

Hey question for OP....

Do you go into a raid or fractal with no clue on what to do? Do you just use whatever gear and build? Do you think this is a good way to complete this content?Now I will assume people who do raids, and high level fractals actually do at least some research and get an idea of what to do, so they go in prepared.

Why is it so hard for you to do the same thing for WvW? There are a billion guides online, is it really so hard for you to switch some things around to make it easier for yourself?

Now I hate map completion, but it is required for making a legendary. I would never ask for it to be removed or to be changed because making a legendary was always supposed to be a cross gamemode process. It is also a voluntary process, legendaries are not a requirement for anything, if you choose to do it then do what is required and stop complaining.

@Solori.6025 said:

NO.They already made it so you no longer have to go into WvW for map completion. Anything more and they may was well revamp the entire game.I don't want to have to go and do map complete in PvE only. They should just give away the gift of exploration because I dont like PvE

I don't want to farm for gold either. Lets just make all materials free. Cause I find farming boring.

Lets just dumb down the game so everyone can just have everything with no effort.

Cause that's basically what you're asking for.Reward with no effort

Actually, they removed map comp from wvw because pvers used to flood the maps and not participate in wvw stuff... That aside, GoB is pretty easy to get, I agree